Butt hurt 15-17 owners come on in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
If an 18 comes along side of my 16 GT I will just flash my hood scoop turn signal in his face and yell " What's the matter, Butt Hurt?'
BINGO!

My 16 GT's hood mounted turn signals reminds me of the one's I had on my '69 Mach 1 390 S Code back in the day. The 10 speed auto is the only thing I wish I had. Oh well ...

A couple of days ago as I was leaving the grocery store I saw a rather attractive woman yell out "Nice car!" I stated I wasn't sure about the color at first, but now I like it a lot.

She said "It's gorgeous!" (not me, the car) :D
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I would like to have the 10 speed auto (depending on how it fares with FI), and I think I'd probably like the Magneride. Everything else I'll pass on.

However these were all things I knew were coming when I ordered my 2017. I contemplated waiting for the 18, but once I saw the official pictures released I knew it wasn't for me despite the couple upgrades I was interested in.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I would like to have the 10 speed auto (depending on how it fares with FI), and I think I'd probably like the Magneride. Everything else I'll pass on.

However these were all things I knew were coming when I ordered my 2017. I contemplated waiting for the 18, but once I saw the official pictures released I knew it wasn't for me despite the couple upgrades I was interested in.
New auto may very well be swappable.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
But nothing

I've upgraded from 4.0 to 3.7 to 5.0 & this 16 GT is my last pony. It will respond to power adders well and my OTD was $30,000 at 0% Ford Credit, I won't complain and am still looking for 2016 Camaro SS to compare on a twisty road as I continue these BMR & Steeda suspension upgrades to compete with any other Beast out there.
tn_20171102_111554.jpg

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
New auto may very well be swappable.
I was hoping that, I may look into it further down the road. I already paid to build my 6R80 though so we'll see :headbonk:

Is it bad one of the big reasons I'd like it is just to quiet down the exhaust on the highway? Lol. Lower RPM while cruising would be nice with no cats or mufflers.

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Ouch! Seriously, what's up with the gap below the head light? It just looks unfinished.:shrug:
That is because Ford is thoughtful. They designed the headlight housing in a fashion that ( they really didn’t touch it even a little bit) you can swap 15 to 17 mustang headlights if you want to! Some smart guy was like “hey lets keep the housing the way it is instead lets put different headlights in there, who cares if it shows a gap or not”.

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
I purchased a 2017 GTPP back in late July. I purchased it on purpose, knowing the 18 had a significantly revised motor and knowing the Ford advertised power numbers as well as the idea of a second performance pkg upgrade. I also knew the 18 was gonna cost more than a similar equipped 17.

What I didn’t know was that the power figures were possibly underrated by Ford. Or that the PP2 has freaking Cup tires. The fact is, the 18 has more potential than the 15-17. Sure I can get a tune that can bring me into striking distance or even surpass and I have lots of suspension options as well.

About the only thing the 18 is truely bring that I have no aftermarket equivalent is that magnetic ride. I have no interest in that 10 speed or the digital gauges tho both are cool.

I got a smoking deal on my car. The equivalent 18 model is creating 50k. I’m ok with what I got, I have a reasonable upgrade path that bring me close to what the 18 provides stock, and still live with the price. Would Make the same decision today as I did months back.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
did someone Holla at ya boy?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I purchased a 2017 GTPP back in late July. I purchased it on purpose, knowing the 18 had a significantly revised motor and knowing the Ford advertised power numbers as well as the idea of a second performance pkg upgrade. I also knew the 18 was gonna cost more than a similar equipped 17.

What I didn’t know was that the power figures were possibly underrated by Ford. Or that the PP2 has freaking Cup tires. The fact is, the 18 has more potential than the 15-17. Sure I can get a tune that can bring me into striking distance or even surpass and I have lots of suspension options as well.

About the only thing the 18 is truely bring that I have no aftermarket equivalent is that magnetic ride. I have no interest in that 10 speed or the digital gauges tho both are cool.

I got a smoking deal on my car. The equivalent 18 model is creating 50k. I’m ok with what I got, I have a reasonable upgrade path that bring me close to what the 18 provides stock, and still live with the price. Would Make the same decision today as I did months back.
I wouldn't worry about not having Magneride too much. There aren't a lot of people out there that are pushing these S550s to the limit. Plus, unless you have deep pockets, you won't like the replacement bill when the time comes. What did people do before Magneride came along? Oh yea, they still drove their cars in a hoonigan fashion.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

The 2018 Mustang GT PP2 is definitely in the league of "You gotta pay to play".

Freaking ~$450 a tire on the Sport Cup 2's. That's quite a bit for a tire just to drive daily on. I don't even want to get started on replacing Magneride for just a single shock. I think you can do a lot better with the aftermarket on the 2015-2017 to have a more competitive vehicle versus the competition without going bankrupt.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Not butt hurt at all. I picked up my 2015 GT 401A premium last summer for $37750. That's canadian $$ too. Auto with 3:55 gear option + 20" foundrys and some other extras.

Had less than 2000 km on the odo and already had a full borla sport cat back, airaid intake and jlt catch can.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I'm one of those people who find it hard to consider hundredths of seconds worth spending money over, or being upset. The only thing that bothers me about the 18 is it's the newest of the Mustang now and I always like to have the most current things. But I don't think I will be upgrading. It's just too pointless honestly.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Only thing I'm really bummed to miss out on is the 12.3" gauge cluster. Of course the new Coyote would be nice, but I'm rationalizing that by saying "well at least mine doesn't have that bigger plastic cover hiding the engine."

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150

Freaking ~$450 a tire on the Sport Cup 2's. That's quite a bit for a tire just to drive daily on. I don't even want to get started on replacing Magneride for just a single shock. I think you can do a lot better with the aftermarket on the 2015-2017 to have a more competitive vehicle versus the competition without going bankrupt.
Well, the way I see it, you can def find an aggressive set of shocks and springs to dial up handling in the aftermarket. Hell, even Ford themselves sell aftermarket suspension systems. What the magneride gives you, IMHO, is the ability to have an active suspension. Dial it in when you want it, dial it out when you don't, and no adjustments needed from the driver. No static shock/spring combo can do that, nor can any adjustable spring or coilover set. Have your cake and eat it to, that's how I feel about magnride.

Cup 2 tires I equate the same to carbon ceramic brakes. They sound cool at first, till the cost of ownership hits you. They are NOT cheap to replace and they will bust your budget.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.