Sponsored

Just bought Livernois Severe Windstorm bundle.

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
That's a character of the engine. The tune won't change that, it'll just have more at every RPM. If you're hitting it from 1500 rpm, you're doing it wrong, FWIW. Start your pulls at 3000 or higher.
Thanks, lol indeed unless Sunday driving the pulls don't start until at least 3500. In another thread you had mentioned a specific tune that you had gotten from Livernois and which you were very happy with. I wonder is that one of the tunes they would provide with this kit, or would that be a separate tune that would have to be requested and result in additional cost?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, lol indeed unless Sunday driving the pulls don't start until at least 3500. In another thread you had mentioned a specific tune that you had gotten from Livernois and which you were very happy with. I wonder is that one of the tunes they would provide with this kit, or would that be a separate tune that would have to be requested and result in additional cost?
Pretty much everyone is getting the V11 tune, I just think I happened to be the first customer for it. The only thing I have different, per request, is that I have the cold start sequence removed (where it retards spark advance in order to heat up the cats). This makes cold starts briefly as loud as normal, and then they come down in volume considerably after about 2 seconds.

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
BMacIL are you familiar with the 2.3l Windstorm supercharger that Livernois carries? It appears to be a magnuson supercharger? With approx 150hp/tq at the crank, 120/120 rwhp. Given these no's its definitely under powered relative to the 2.3l roush stage 1 but the price is about $1,000 less than the roush or $1,400 for the 2.9l whipple. So I'm curious of it's quality vrs the Roush. I'd really prefer the whipple, but the cost difference is dramatic and I'd have to save for a while. So am curious about this Windstorm/Magnuson and it's quality and potential for power with a good tune. Any info. or guidance you can provide would be appreciated.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
BMacIL are you familiar with the 2.3l Windstorm supercharger that Livernois carries? It appears to be a magnuson supercharger? With approx 150hp/tq at the crank, 120/120 rwhp. Given these no's its definitely under powered relative to the 2.3l roush stage 1 but the price is about $1,000 less than the roush or $1,400 for the 2.9l whipple. So I'm curious of it's quality vrs the Roush. I'd really prefer the whipple, but the cost difference is dramatic and I'd have to save for a while. So am curious about this Windstorm/Magnuson and it's quality and potential for power with a good tune. Any info. or guidance you can provide would be appreciated.
Just call and ask livernois. No one is going to give you better info than the makers/sellers of this package than they will.

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Just call and ask livernois. No one is going to give you better info than the makers/sellers of this package than they will.
LOL, I hear you and that certainly makes sense for specific tangible info. But some questions really just need to be asked to the users of the product not the sellers. ie: I'm not sure about Livernois, but more often than not the sellers simply tell you what you want to hear ... their products are the next best thing to sliced bread. Thanks though.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
LOL, I hear you and that certainly makes sense for specific tangible info. But some questions really just need to be asked to the users of the product not the sellers. ie: I'm not sure about Livernois, but more often than not the sellers simply tell you what you want to hear ... their products are the next best thing to sliced bread. Thanks though.
Navy Chief has one. Shoot him a PM

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I have the supercharger from livernois and I have 600 whp on the kit with 93 octane. Drives great also. PM if you have questions.
On the GT350? What does the 350 make stock at the wheels?

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Very happy with my Version 11 tune.

Einar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP pack
So what about the "Severe Windstorm bundle" any more info about how that performs?
I am personally considering "intake and tune" options and this package from Livernois is one of my options.

I keep asking myself if the PP2 is the answer as I prefer 91 oct. But then again I will not be having warranty on the car, and I am having a dilemma if the bigger throttle body is truly worth it or not. But the driveability of the Ford power pack is suppose to be very good and that is a huge factor in a street car that will be seeing lot of daily use.

Then you have this Livernois bundle with big HP clams and it comes with both a 91 and 93 tunes and I prefer personally a "closed intake" but I guess my #1 intake choice would be the Injen Evolution.

Then you have this thermostat dilemma 160 or 170. The kit comes with 160. I live in cold climate and the car will be used in temp from like 40-60 Fahrenheit. So you ask myself also do I need different thermostat.

So if if anyone has some real life experience and is willing to share it would be great.
But reading the last pages of this threat it has taken the discussion very off topic.

Thank you

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
So what about the "Severe Windstorm bundle" any more info about how that performs?
I am personally considering "intake and tune" options and this package from Livernois is one of my options.

I keep asking myself if the PP2 is the answer as I prefer 91 oct. But then again I will not be having warranty on the car, and I am having a dilemma if the bigger throttle body is truly worth it or not. But the driveability of the Ford power pack is suppose to be very good and that is a huge factor in a street car that will be seeing lot of daily use.

Then you have this Livernois bundle with big HP clams and it comes with both a 91 and 93 tunes and I prefer personally a "closed intake" but I guess my #1 intake choice would be the Injen Evolution.

Then you have this thermostat dilemma 160 or 170. The kit comes with 160. I live in cold climate and the car will be used in temp from like 40-60 Fahrenheit. So you ask myself also do I need different thermostat.

So if if anyone has some real life experience and is willing to share it would be great.
But reading the last pages of this threat it has taken the discussion very off topic.

Thank you
Drivability is great and better than stock. Throttle response is quick and precise. Power is Much better and pulls way harder than stock. Automatic transmission shifts faster / firmer.

With livernois or any aftermarket tuning company if you don't like something in the tune it's as easy as sending a tune update request. Also with your purchase of the tune or package livernois offers free tune updates for life. I believe they are the only ones that offer that.

With ford PPs your shit out of luck in that department. What ford has is what you get no ability to change or correct any issues like you can with a aftermarket tuner. Unless ford puts out an update which will be for the masses not just to correct your particular problem. Ford PP will retain your warranty though.

I have a 170 thermostat and I had the car out yesterday and it was 48 degrees and the car gets up to operating temp just as fast.

Hope that helps.

Einar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP pack
Drivability is great and better than stock. Throttle response is quick and precise. Power is Much better and pulls way harder than stock. Automatic transmission shifts faster / firmer.

With livernois or any aftermarket tuning company if you don't like something in the tune it's as easy as sending a tune update request. Also with your purchase of the tune or package livernois offers free tune updates for life. I believe they are the only ones that offer that.

With ford PPs your shit out of luck in that department. What ford has is what you get no ability to change or correct any issues like you can with a aftermarket tuner. Unless ford puts out an update which will be for the masses not just to correct your particular problem. Ford PP will retain your warranty though.

I have a 170 thermostat and I had the car out yesterday and it was 48 degrees and the car gets up to operating temp just as fast.

Hope that helps.
thanks for this info

But what made you go with the 170 thermostat. But not the 160 as Livernois has included in their bundle?

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
thanks for this info

But what made you go with the 170 thermostat. But not the 160 as Livernois has included in their bundle?
A few things made me switch to the Reische 170 stat, do a forum search there are a few good threads on the reische 170 vs evenflo 160.

In my case the evenflo wasn't keeping the coolant temp/cylinder head temp much cooler than the stock stat. I pot tested the stat numerous times and it was opening and closing at the temps it was supposed to. I dealt with Livernois for over a month with this issue and got no direction except "we agree your stat doesn't seem to be working correctly", but the pot test proved it was.

Previous to buying the evenflo 160 I had my doubts about it already due to the negative threads about it but purchased it and installed it anyways :headbonk:

The reische 170 stat is made in the USA and assembled by hand using a stock thermostat to start so it also has a rubber diaphragm. The reische also cost twice as much and your not just paying a premium it really is a better stat in my opinion.

Some people may have good experiences with the evenflo 160 however I didn't and a handful of others didn't either.
Sponsored