Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Police Brakes

You guys are not understanding the tech here - it means the brakes automatically get applied when your rear view mirror detects police lights and the car brakes for you so you can get your tickets or go to jail. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sponsored

bardoc.gainz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford mustang ecoboost
I feel to many of us are jumping the gun. None have been behind the wheel of the 2018 mustang gt let alone one fitted with the pp1 or pp2. We do not know how much more improved from the old model. To many people are saying the ss 1le is going to bet the current with out even being in one. For me it ultimately comes down to preference. A base gt is still cheaper. The pricing is of the pp2 are about neck in neck with the ss 1le. As far as what that haves to offer we will see. I know I an going with the stang. If you think the ss 1le is better than go buy it instead of complaining about a car that is not even out yet.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
If you read to the end of that article, Randy Pobst DID put down a faster time in the auto car, just not an 'official' time.

Something about issues with tire pressures on the auto car for the official times.
I noted that a few posts down.

I may go test drive one, however, I'm curious if in the Mustang it has enough of a cooler to survive track work.

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
I noted that a few posts down.

I may go test drive one, however, I'm curious if in the Mustang it has enough of a cooler to survive track work.
Just like most of the info on the PP2, who knows!

I'd venture to guess brakes will be great.

Sponsored

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Do you think that Ford will realize that people want to track these cars, so will include Tow Hook panels or hardware.? Rather than paying upwards of $300 for front and rear hooks and butchering the trim..?

How was a Simple hook mount not included on the current GT..?

Last edited:

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Do you think that Ford will realize that people want to track these cars, so will include Tow Hook panels or hardware.? Rather than paying upwards of $300 for front and rear hooks and butchering the trim..?

How was. Simple hook mount not included on the current GT..?
Euro Mustangs do, or at least I assume that's what's behind the little panel on the bumpers. So it would cost Ford about $2 to make them all like that.

Isstuntz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
16 PP GT
...this seems like a giimick more than anything... I thought the tremor package was for vehicles with "badass" spund systems

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Lord, please bless everyone at Ford. :ford: The engineers, executives and especially the assembly techs and quality control grunts.
Thank you Lord for all the liberties you grant us in the Ford products bestowed upon us.
We ask you, please bless us with a Mustang with factory equiped coolers for durability at the same price point as the SS 1LE. We ask not for a vain platform that is faster than the 1LE, no Lord, we ask in modesty for a factory stock SCCA championship comprised of Mustang PP3 and Camaro SS 1LE that are perfectly matched for pack racing on road courses as seen in the wheel to wheel miata madness.
Please bless Chevy and Ford to work together to make this happen.
In this we pray,
Amen:amen:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
How much slower does everyone think the PP2 will be than the SS 1LE?
People are talking like it'll be 10-15 seconds slower per lap. If it is within 1-2 seconds (tested by pro's same day etc) of the 1LE will it really matter, will it be a total disappointment and disaster?
If you count VIR times of the current 1LE and the current Mustang GT (you are talking over 10 seconds difference). Seeing as this is just a refresh and not a chassis change, how much difference do you really think the Mustang is going to make with just some additional tweaks. The Current V6 1LE was a second faster than the GT PP... The Camaro is good because it's just a better chassis than the current S550. I don't think we will see any domination until next generation.

Sponsored

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
If you count VIR times of the current 1LE and the current Mustang GT (you are talking over 10 seconds difference). Seeing as this is just a refresh and not a chassis change, how much difference do you really think the Mustang is going to make with just some additional tweaks. The Current V6 1LE was a second faster than the GT PP... The Camaro is good because it's just a better chassis than the current S550. I don't think we will see any domination until next generation.
Yea I also don't think it'll beat the SS 1LE, but I venture it will be close.
What are the track time differences between the SS vs the SS 1LE? I would imagine the PP2 vs GT difference would be a similar % since they are both tire and suspension upgrade packages.

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Laaaame.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I then went aftermarket for the suspension, wheels, and exhaust. Which i'd say half of those that buy mustangs also do.
I'm gonna go ahead and say that maybe 25% of Mustang owners mod them.

And that number is probably high.

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
love it.

Side note: wonder if the person who took the pic will ever upgrade from the iPhone 2...that picture quality is Charles Barkley turrible
Sponsored