Sponsored

2018 Job 1 is Here. Where are ANY “hands on” reviews?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Matt, we all watch your videos for your seat of your pants impressions. Just wondering do you read the YouTube comments? There's some funny ones.
Haha yeah I try to keep up with the comments on the most recent videos, always at least a few gems in there.
Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I'm more interested in the magneride for daily driving.

I want an in depth analysis of how the ride is full soft for cruising and comfort and full on handling mode.
Best of both worlds if it is done correctly.
Noticed very little difference when test driving a camaro ss equipped with magniride. Can always try one of those the principle of operation will be similar...

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Were I in the market, I think I'd have to wait until the PP2 specs were released before buying. To get what I want I'd be spending over 51K anyways, might as well go whole hog.

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
I kind of feel the same way, but the interior is a mixed bag. Mustang has a little better plastic, but it's still plastic. The 1LE faux suede is a lot nicer than Ford's cloth (and probably not much more expensive). The Ford cloth really bums me out. I live in the desert and don't really want leather (well, leather/vinyl mix) but Ford's cloth is lagging well behind what other manufacturers are using. From the pics it looks like the cloth is different in the 18s, we'll see when someone gets one.

Overall the 1LE package is pretty hard to beat. I too am hoping for a $6500 PP2 package that is marketed as a 1LE competitor, but this seems hard to imagine since a PP+301A+Magnaride is already more than that without better tires, without active exhaust, without cloth recarros, etc. Still hoping, but suspect I will be disappointed.
Agree. What would be nice is if the PP2 came with the carbon package including the alcantara seats or alcantara Recaros; however, I highly doubt it because like you said, a PP1 + magneride + active exhaust is already at 6 grand and that doesn't even include the 301A that is required to get the PP2. However, that is similar to the Camaro. You have to get at least 1SS which is similar to the 301A isn't it? The 1LE is 6500 over that. The PP2 price is like $6200. Will have to wait until December to find out I guess. Should be interesting.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Were I in the market, I think I'd have to wait until the PP2 specs were released before buying. To get what I want I'd be spending over 51K anyways, might as well go whole hog.
I thought about that, but I also want the magneride, and it says requires PP and didn't mention PP2, so I just don't care about PP2 anymore.

Sponsored

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
I thought about that, but I also want the magneride, and it says requires PP and didn't mention PP2, so I just don't care about PP2 anymore.
Still know nothing for sure about the PP2. If Ford really wants to compete with the 1LE Camaro, the PP2 will need to come with Magneride or some kind of adjustable suspension at least. I'd much rather have adjustable coil overs and adjustable shocks/struts...

Last edited:

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
Has anyone on the forums gotten a chance to ride in or drive a pre-production '18GT?

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Agree. What would be nice is if the PP2 came with the carbon package including the alcantara seats or alcantara Recaros; however, I highly doubt it because like you said, a PP1 + magneride + active exhaust is already at 6 grand and that doesn't even include the 301A that is required to get the PP2. However, that is similar to the Camaro. You have to get at least 1SS which is similar to the 301A isn't it? The 1LE is 6500 over that. The PP2 price is like $6200. Will have to wait until December to find out I guess. Should be interesting.
The 1SS is the lowest trim V8 Camaro, and it does come in a couple grand above the lowest trim Mustang, so reasonable to compare to 301A. The 2SS is more or less premium package.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
What does the Zl1 have to do with the PP2? PP2 is most likely the competitor of the 1LE SS which only comes in manual. GT will never be near Zl1 territory.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Motorweek
Episode 3721 Debut 1.26.2018
Quick Spin: 2018 Ford Mustang

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
The 2018 MY Mustang has been one of the strangest and most frustrating product launches - by a business renown for damn near inventing the frustrating product launch.

From the completely-unrevised GT350s (except for dropping two of the best colors in favor of crappy ones) which didn’t even bother to adopt the commodity trims’ epic 10R80 or digital dash, to the mysterious GT Performance Package 2 which largely remains undefined (except being unavailable to automatics or 400As) despite production already being underway, I can’t recall a product that’s offered so little complete information at a point when Ford actually is building them.

I’ve no qualms about the steep price hike if the car delivers what’s been promised. I’m perfectly willing to pay $50K for a 2018 GT. About the only thing that REALLY could chap my ass would be buying a $50K GT and finding out from Ford a week later that I should’ve bought a $52K one that wasn’t available to order. I’m especially pissed about Ford excluding PP2 from automatics after ZL1 already has proven how epic the new 10R80 can be - but that’s a different rant.

What’s oddest of all, however, is that despite all the marketing and actual cars being built, what doesn’t seem to exist ANYWHERE is an actual behind-the-wheel first-hand review, something I can’t recall being absent from ANY new or highly-revised model. Even more flying blind by the customers Ford is asking more from than ever.

Has anybody seen an actual review anywhere? Are these issues causing anyone to hold back from pulling the trigger? My car already is ordered - I’m afraid it may be the first retail order I leave on the dealer lot.
I went to Galpin today just so I could check out the PP2 and did a little video review, I'll post it up later today on the PP2 thread.
Sponsored