HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Don't like iPhones but installed the CarPlay compatible USB hub in case I ever did and upgraded Sync3.

Downloaded from the Ford Owners site and unzipped into the root of a USB drive I had laying around. The drive had about 30GB of stuff on it but over 32GB available and had been formatted exFat.

Didn't want to be bored waiting for it to update so left the car running and checked back every 10 minutes. At the 30 minute mark, I found the car had turned itself off. I removed the USB drive, waited 5 more minutes and restarted the car. Sync status showed the update had been done. As normal, there were no maps until the next time I restarted the car.

When I did the step at the owner site to confirm the update by uploading an XML file from the USB drive, it kept failing with no explanation except try again. But when I looked at my Sync history at the owner site it shows the update was completed today.

The documentation was wrong about having to re-pair phones.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for the info! im sure it will others.

When I use AA there are times when it shuts off and goes back to the standard Sync screen. To get it to reconnected I have to unplug it, although sometimes it reconnects by itself. I already reinstalled AA on my phone and also re-synced(is that a word) my phone to the car. I also thought about reinstalling AA on my Sync 3 using the link on this site, but not sure if that's something that's ok to do. Phone is a Samsung 6. Any ideas?
thanks
use a brand-name cord, not retractable, or cheap plasticy usb cords. try to stick with oem cables, even though visually looks the same, oem brand carries power uninterrupted

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
anyone else get this bug? with Android Auto, when I get a text, the volume matches the audio volume rather than the voice volume, then when you reply, the music volume now matches the voice volume, when you turn the music up and down it displays voice volume, until you either pause the music or change tracks, this is super annoying! its designed to be so the notification volume is separate from the audio volume, buts its not working that way

Mullethunter324

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Vert / 2009 Cobalt SS
anyone else get this bug? with Android Auto, when I get a text, the volume matches the audio volume rather than the voice volume, then when you reply, the music volume now matches the voice volume, when you turn the music up and down it displays voice volume, until you either pause the music or change tracks, this is super annoying! its designed to be so the notification volume is separate from the audio volume, buts its not working that way
I have experienced the same problem. I have already gotten used to just adjusting the volume as needed. Really annoying though.

Sponsored

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
The download links on the first page appear to be broken (well, at least the non-nav). Anyone else able to get them or have a mirror?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The download links on the first page appear to be broken (well, at least the non-nav). Anyone else able to get them or have a mirror?
You can get them directly on the Ford site now.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I have tried downloading the update to my 32gb flash drive and the car will never finish updating. It just its there for over 1.5 hours saying updating... I tried different USB formats, different flash drives, still no luck. And the wifi update has not been released to me. Looks like im stuck:( I have Nav idk how much that makes a difference.

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
I have tried downloading the update to my 32gb flash drive and the car will never finish updating. It just its there for over 1.5 hours saying updating... I tried different USB formats, different flash drives, still no luck. And the wifi update has not been released to me. Looks like im stuck:( I have Nav idk how much that makes a difference.
if it's not too much trouble for you, you can always do a master reset prior to upgrading sync. This does the trick in almost all cases.

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
You can get them directly on the Ford site now.
Not if you did the original update - if you want to do the incremental update, it doesn't show you the install files.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Not if you did the original update - if you want to do the incremental update, it doesn't show you the install files.
you can find a VIN for a '16 with Sync 3 on cars.com or autotrader that hasn't received the update yet then add it to your owner.ford.com account to download the update.

Even better would be a VIN that has been totaled (the update will never be confirmed for that VIN so it should always be available).

This will only be necessary until v2.2 is no longer the most recent version.

ddeveryday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Hello guys,

Is the official ford release any different from the leaked release that many of us have installed?

If so, would it be worth it to upgrade to the latest one?

Thank you,

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
For those of you that have done this, is it a requirement that the engine be running or can the battery be on a charger? I'm presuming the requirement of the engine running is so that the battery doesn't run low and brick the unit, but I could be wrong.

Thanks.

ddeveryday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
For those of you that have done this, is it a requirement that the engine be running or can the battery be on a charger? I'm presuming the requirement of the engine running is so that the battery doesn't run low and brick the unit, but I could be wrong.

Thanks.
You are absolutely right. Turning on the engine would avoid this type of issue.