Sponsored

Another Mustang Disturbing the Peace

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
3 months after moving to a new house I finally got a chance to meet some of the people who live on our street. After I came back home from the gym couple of the people who live on our street stopped by and told me about how my car has been disturbing the peace in the neighborhood. To be honest I was expecting this visit given the avg. age on our street is 60-70.

Before I get into more detail here some more information. I have the solo thunder catback exhaust on my car and I know that it is loud (maybe a little louder than I think it is from inside the car). I start my car with our garage doors closed every morning and wait for it down to quite down before I pull out. I take the long way out of our neighborhood to drive by less houses in the morning and never speed within the neighborhood. I also talked to the owners of the 2 houses right next to ours to make sure that my exhaust does not bother them the week that we moved in and they were both cool with it.

Going back to my story, couple guys showed up at my door and judging by the look on the older guys face I knew what was going on. I immediately apologized and said I will try to keep it down and avoid driving by their house before he even said anything. He responds saying the he needs me to do more than try. At that point I was really close to saying something else but given I am 25 and this guy is 75 I just kept my mouth shut and said ok. Also some of these guys are the same people who wake up at 6:30 on Sundays to mow their lawns waking me up during the only time of the week when I get to sleep in.

I am going to keep the car in higher gears and keep it quite but to be honest I want to open up the j-pipes and drive by this guys house every damn morning at 6 am.

Also as a first time home owner I have no idea what the worst thing that could happen if this guy complains to our HOA. Pretty sure that will be his next move regardless of what I do, given he has nothing else going on in his life and looking for some action.
Sponsored

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Elderly people tend to get like that, but in all honestly, he was very aggressive about it. I have an elderly neighbor whoms brakes squeal like a pig in a meat grinder every morning at 6, even during the weekends, still i greet him friendly whenever i meet him.
You handled the situation well, keep it up and dont let those guys ruin your fun with the Mustang.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
3 months after moving to a new house I finally got a chance to meet some of the people who live on our street. After I came back home from the gym couple of the people who live on our street stopped by and told me about how my car has been disturbing the peace in the neighborhood. To be honest I was expecting this visit given the avg. age on our street is 60-70.

Before I get into more detail here some more information. I have the solo thunder catback exhaust on my car and I know that it is loud (maybe a little louder than I think it is from inside the car). I start my car with our garage doors closed every morning and wait for it down to quite down before I pull out. I take the long way out of our neighborhood to drive by less houses in the morning and never speed within the neighborhood. I also talked to the owners of the 2 houses right next to ours to make sure that my exhaust does not bother them the week that we moved in and they were both cool with it.

Going back to my story, couple guys showed up at my door and judging by the look on the older guys face I knew what was going on. I immediately apologized and said I will try to keep it down and avoid driving by their house before he even said anything. He responds saying the he needs me to do more than try. At that point I was really close to saying something else but given I am 25 and this guy is 75 I just kept my mouth shut and said ok. Also some of these guys are the same people who wake up at 6:30 on Sundays to mow their lawns waking me up during the only time of the week when I get to sleep in.

I am going to keep the car in higher gears and keep it quite but to be honest I want to open up the j-pipes and drive by this guys house every damn morning at 6 am.

Also as a first time home owner I have no idea what the worst thing that could happen if this guy complains to our HOA. Pretty sure that will be his next move regardless of what I do, given he has nothing else going on in his life and looking for some action.
I live in a community with an HOA and there is nothing in our Laws about loud cars, motorcycles, etc. If they complain to the police you may start getting tickets for disturbing the Peace but the HOA should not be a concern if there are no regulations about noise.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Fuck them. Sounds like they are being disrespectful for mowing their lawns that early. If they want to pick a fight, check with your HOA and local laws on what the ordinances are for mowing the lawn.

I have the street race and leave for work as early as 4-4:30am and have not heard a single complaint.

Sponsored

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
:DGive him some disposable earplugs....

Obviously kidding, try and glide by his house in neutral, short shift,
and let him know you are doing that for him.

We presume you have never blasted down the street as you say,
and do everything to mitigate noise. That is the best you can
do. Around here the kids all blast their fart cans but it is over
in a few seconds. Wait til this guy has a incessant barking dog
next door, he will be buying you angel wings....:)

OP
OP
tritus

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
Fuck them. Sounds like they are being disrespectful for mowing their lawns that early. If they want to pick a fight, check with your HOA and local laws on what the ordinances are for mowing the lawn.

I have the street race and leave for work as early as 4-4:30am and have not heard a single complaint.
I am not trying to pick up a fight or anything but it just bothers me when somebody tells me I need to do more than try when I already apologized and did not even bring up them doing dumb shit like mowing early in the morning during the weekend.

OP
OP
tritus

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
:DGive him some disposable earplugs....

Obviously kidding, try and glide by his house in neutral, short shift,
and let him know you are doing that for him.

We presume you have never blasted down the street as you say,
and do everything to mitigate noise. That is the best you can
do. Around here the kids all blast their fart cans but it is over
in a few seconds. Wait til this guy has a incessant barking dog
next door, he will be buying you angel wings....:)
It is really hard to argue with people about your exhaust when they have matching color priuses in their garage and they are +70 years old lol. I pretty much only drive by their house on the weekends and that is probably a total of 10 seconds max.

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
You Missed

the opportunity to find out how far he wants to take the issue. His missive of what you better do was your opening. You should never let a comment like that pass without asking for clarification. Right now you are wondering what he is planning when you could have just asked him point blank: "are you threatening me?" The first person to report a problem to the authorities (whether Police or the HOA) is usually given the best opportunity to explain the situation in personally favorable manner.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Are you fucking kidding me?!? ppppfffffttttttt
They can cut their lawn at 6am on a SUNDAY morning, (of all mornings!), but you can't drive their house with a loud exhaust?! Sorry, but I would have told them to take a walk. I'm keeping the exhaust and I'll drive by whenever I need to drive by.
Sorry, but,.......not really sorry. ;) :thumbsup:

Sponsored

PIsenhour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray Metallic
It's always good to be nice, but someone like that will never be happy until your car is gone. As long try to be nice, like you are, then there is nothing he can do except complain. Most HOAs don't have anything related to car noise, at least mine and some of my friends don't.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Are you fucking kidding me?!? ppppfffffttttttt
They can cut their lawn at 6am on a SUNDAY morning, (of all mornings!), but you can't drive their house with a loud exhaust?! Sorry, but I would have told them to take a walk. I'm keeping the exhaust and I'll drive by whenever I need to drive by.
Sorry, but,.......not really sorry. ;) :thumbsup:
If you want to cut your lawn that early in the morning, you better have an electric/battery powered mower.

zemog255

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB 5.0
You sound considerate enough about and a catted muffler setup isn't obnoxiously loud anyways. Most HOA associations cant do anything the exhaust setup is legal. I would find out what all you agreed to buy living in the HOA, most of them won't address anything like that. So you should be fine there. You were very polite the first time, sometimes especially with the "I'm older, respect me types" you just have to be stern with them if they come back. I deal with stuff like this a lot at work.

Growing up my neighbors couldn't do anything over my motocross track through the HOA they had to sue my parents individually so I have dealt with this a lot. Their grandson even came over to ride a few times. I only rode the track twice a week at most for 30mins tops after school. Oddly enough though they never cared about my open header cars and the fact that my dad and I used the street infront of the house for test hits. But if I started a dirtbike they were standing at the fence with a camera.
Sponsored