Sponsored

Newly Purchased GT/CS - Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no mustang yet
Hey Guys,

I just purchased my 2017 GT/CS - Auto this past Saturday. I have a couple of newbie questions so bare with me.

1) I was thinking about getting this exhaust here: https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-5200-M8SB

But will adding a new exhaust improve performance or will it just improve sound?

2) does the automatic transmission have a rev limiter ? if you place the shifter into 'S' mode? From what read in the manual, it does not appear to limit rev's in that specific mode.

3) What is the difference between Sport+ and Track? - I know that Track disables traction control but i also understand (from the owners manual) that it modifies the responsiveness of transmission?

Thanks,

Robert
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
1. Sound.

2. The engine has a rev-limiter.

3. Hold the traction control button up for 7 seconds (with foot on the brake pedal) and turn everything off. A yellow light on the dash will come on, along with a warning of "AdvanceTrac disengaged" or something like that. Then drive like God intended. Use your skill.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no mustang yet
Thanks for the response. If i were to add powerpack 2 to my mustang would that significantly improve performance? would i notice? or are the horsepower gains pretty minimal ?

Robert

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Thanks for the response. If i were to add powerpack 2 to my mustang would that significantly improve performance? would i notice? or are the horsepower gains pretty minimal ?

Robert
There's many things you can do that you'd notice. A good tune will wake up the engine, throttle response, and transmission response. I hear the difference with the auto trans cars is impressive.

Do a search on the power pack 2 in the 5.0 mods sub-forum here to read up on what owners have to say about them.

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
get a corsa extreme exhaust and you'll be happy for life

Sponsored

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
3. Hold the traction control button up for 7 seconds (with foot on the brake pedal) and turn everything off. A yellow light on the dash will come on, along with a warning of "AdvanceTrac disengaged" or something like that. Then drive like God intended. Use your skill.
...but be warned, many have posted on this site after crashing that they really wish they'd left it on. Skills or no, leave it on.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette

Robert
I did the Powerpack 2 a couple weeks ago and it is well worth the money.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Robert,Turn all that ADVANCE TRAC stuff off, then you can post pictures of your car, all SMASHED up and totaled, and CRY a lot like a lot of other fools on here, giving BAD advise.:doh::doh::doh:

jwats15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT base
on the 15+ you no longer have to hold the brake and button simultaneously to disengage the nannies...you can do it rolling at 80 if ya want. just press and hold the button.

Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
robert. first rule of this forum.
Where are pics ? :shrug:

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Robert will post the pic's when he smashes the car up,after taking the Advance Track OFF,and having some REAL fun, like many of you have suggested.Come on Robert F that thing up and post the pic's.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
...but be warned, many have posted on this site after crashing that they really wish they'd left it on. Skills or no, leave it on.
C'mon man.....

How have any of us driven vehicles without all the electronic nannies?

Shut it off. Shut it all off.

People that crash their cars because they can't drive without the nannies are morons. Don't look to morons for life lessons, don't live life to the lowest common denominator.

Throttle pedals aren't on/off switches.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
C'mon man.....

How have any of us driven vehicles without all the electronic nannies?

Shut it off. Shut it all off.

People that crash their cars because they can't drive without the nannies are morons. Don't look to morons for life lessons, don't live life to the lowest common denominator.

Throttle pedals aren't on/off switches.
How many of us have driven 400hp+ vehicles without all the electronic nannies?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
How many of us have driven 400hp+ vehicles without all the electronic nannies?
The problem is not 435+ HP. The problem is lack of thought, lack of critical thinking.

The throttle pedal is not an on/off switch, and morons that think the nannies are going to save them treat it as such.

Nannies, in fact, just make drivers worse. They learn less about the driving dynamics of their car, and expect their car to save their arse all the time.

Over-cook a situation, and the nannies won't save you. If you expect the nannies to save you, you'll over-cook the car into a corner, into a deep braking situation, and you'll crash. The nannies can only do so much, they can't actually stop you from crashing.

The nannies mask driving inadequacies, and give bad drivers a false sense of control.
Sponsored