Sponsored

Ecoboost Performance Pack Brakes

cas422

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
First time here so go easy on me.:) Recently picked up my 2017 Ecoboost Premium w / Performance Pack. Starting to add some additional performance parts. Wondering if anyone knows the manufacturer of the front brake calipers for the Ecoboost Performance Pack. They are unmarked and I am wondering if the GT Performance Pack front brake upgrade kit (Brembo) is worth the $$$ or if I just paint the existing calipers and spend that $1500 on something else? I don't intend to track the car. Street only. Thanks everyone.
Sponsored

ststang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
viewsinfinitum.com
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB EBM AT PP
I'd just paint the calipers. The PP breaks on the Ecoboosts are the standard ones found on the GT. More than enough for Street use with the lighter weight of the car. $1500 would get you an Intercooler and Tuner for some added fun.

WSUBUM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EB Premium Guard
From what I've heard they are made by Continental. Most people are happy with them.

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
First time here so go easy on me.:) Recently picked up my 2017 Ecoboost Premium w / Performance Pack. Starting to add some additional performance parts. Wondering if anyone knows the manufacturer of the front brake calipers for the Ecoboost Performance Pack. They are unmarked and I am wondering if the GT Performance Pack front brake upgrade kit (Brembo) is worth the $$$ or if I just paint the existing calipers and spend that $1500 on something else? I don't intend to track the car. Street only. Thanks everyone.
You can pick up take off GT PP Brembos on Ebay with low miles for 600 - 700 bucks. Ill take your front brakes for 300 if you do decide to make the switch.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Get some stainless steel brake lines and good brake fluid....I have had not issues on the track with them, I upgraded to those from the nonPP brakes which I had fade.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
As previously stated, they are manufactured by Continental.
Though there are plenty of people rocking Brembo stickers on them.

OP
OP

cas422

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone for the information. Sounds like I will probably paint what I got on the car.

WSUBUM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EB Premium Guard
As previously stated, they are manufactured by Continental.
Though there are plenty of people rocking Brembo stickers on them.
I'd argue only because there aren't any good Conti stickers out there!

OP
OP

cas422

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd argue only because there aren't any good Conti stickers out there!
Yeah I was thinking Continental Gold with stickers but so far I am coming up empty :frusty:

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
The PP EBM brakes perform well enough to me to upgrade the lines and fluid only one day. I have stillen pads and DBA slot rotors front and rear. The bite is pretty good. I'd have to find a good deal on the Brembo takeoffs to change them.

I didn't know the calipers are by Continental. Could they have bought the design from Brembo or another company?

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Lots of brakes look like Brembo in shape. I looked at a Caddy the other day and I couldn't tell the difference between his brakes and mine..not sure the model.
Sponsored