Sponsored

Firehawk Indy 500 no longer available in 255...245 ok?

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
My only PZero gripe was the larger issue that everyone had with them was that they just didn't last worth a damn. Its hard for me to compare as I've been running snow/ice and then A/S tires in between the Indy's.
Sponsored

OP
OP
millhouse

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
My only PZero gripe was the larger issue that everyone had with them was that they just didn't last worth a damn. Its hard for me to compare as I've been running snow/ice and then A/S tires in between the Indy's.
At the very least....even if they last marginally more, they are a hell of a lot cheaper to replace.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I looked everywhere for the Indy 500 and everyone I spoke to said they where out of stock. Shops I went to in person didn't even know what tire I was requesting. Firestone definitely did not advertise this tire like they should have. I found out about them from I guy I met on the cruises I go on. He had nothing but good things to say about them, and from the short drive we went on they sure do grip really good. I ended up going with Continental Extreme Sport tires and so far I'm happy with the tire choice.

OP
OP
millhouse

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I looked everywhere for the Indy 500 and everyone I spoke to said they where out of stock. Shops I went to in person didn't even know what tire I was requesting. Firestone definitely did not advertise this tire like they should have. I found out about them from I guy I met on the cruises I go on. He had nothing but good things to say about them, and from the short drive we went on they sure do grip really good. I ended up going with Continental Extreme Sport tires and so far I'm happy with the tire choice.
Yeah, the 255s are what most likely killed you. The 245, 265 and 275s are all in stock at various locations around the country.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I need new tires. My stock pirellis are almost done and wow are they loud tires!

What kind of price tag is on these Firehawks?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I need new tires. My stock pirellis are almost done and wow are they loud tires!

What size? Look at tirerack.

OP
OP
millhouse

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Installed price will be around $775. Throw in the $60 mail in rebate and your looking at a little over $700.

Reactions: Ebm

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I just bought 255 35 19 from tire rack, maybe check if they have any left?

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I just bought 255 35 19 from tire rack, maybe check if they have any left?
Any reason you went with a 35 profile tire? I honestly think they just didn't look right on my mustang. I was running MPSS in 255 35 19 up front with BMR lowering springs and it was just too low for my liking. right now I'm running 275 40 19 all the way around and I like the look and feel of the car. I removed my rear Pirellis with plenty of life on them and installed in the front. The new Continental's in the rear put the power down. I'm also running 25mm spacers and no major rubbing issues, just a slight rub up front when I hit big dips at over 70 mph on the hwy

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
They are great tires for day to day and spirited driving on the back roads. I can't say how they are on the twisties / tracks but for daily use, they are some of the best tires I've had in a long, long, time.

Sadly it is impacting my purchasing a set of Project 6GR wheels. Trying to balance a wider tire footprint and square setup on my 15 GT/PP and keeping these tires seems challenging for a newb like me.

Edit: Stock size for me btw: 255/40R19 front, 275/40R19 rear.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Any reason you went with a 35 profile tire? I honestly think they just didn't look right on my mustang. I was running MPSS in 255 35 19 up front with BMR lowering springs and it was just too low for my liking. right now I'm running 275 40 19 all the way around and I like the look and feel of the car. I removed my rear Pirellis with plenty of life on them and installed in the front. The new Continental's in the rear put the power down. I'm also running 25mm spacers and no major rubbing issues, just a slight rub up front when I hit big dips at over 70 mph on the hwy
For starters, all I could find. I have the black accent package which is a skinny wheel and 255 is the max I could go. It doesn't look great on stock suspension, but I'm hoping springs and spacers will flush it out a bit.

The ride is 100x better than the 40 p zero a/s. Quiet and smooth as glass.

Paid $124 ea + $60 mail in

OP
OP
millhouse

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
On a side note, the 265s are listed at 1lb/each lighter than the 255 PZeros and the 275's are listed as 3 lbs/each lighter than the 275 PZeros. So I'll be losing 6lbs of rotating mass on the rear and 2lbs on the front. There is however a 0.4 inch tread width loss on the rears, so hopefully traction won't be affected much.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
On a side note, the 265s are listed at 1lb/each lighter than the 255 PZeros and the 275's are listed as 3 lbs/each lighter than the 275 PZeros. So I'll be losing 6lbs of rotating mass on the rear and 2lbs on the front. There is however a 0.4 inch tread width loss on the rears, so hopefully traction won't be affected much.
And none of that in any way shape or form is going to impact your driving experience :frusty:

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
This news sucks. I just got a set from my local Firestone recently, maybe a month ago at most, and LOVE them. I was kinda joking with my gf that I should just go ahead and buy a back up set before they realize it's a deal and jack up the price on them. Looks like they went the opposite direction and discontinued them. Didn't count on that happening.

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can anyone tell me any potential issues if I buy a set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires that are 4 years old?

I found a source online for the size I want that said they are brand new but might be up to 4 years old.

I'm not sure if that is OK or whether or not the tire compounds were revised during that time period?

Thanks
Sponsored