Sponsored

Car Unstable at Interstate Speeds

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
That video is crazy!! I mean wtf, how is it that the bearings are prematurely failing?? Cheaply made parts, poor factory installation, or lack of proper torquing at factory??

I'm gonna lift mine and check all 4 corners after seeing that video.

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
Cobra jet where in NJ are you? Would be cool to see if someone else has the same issue or what's going on. I don't have any s550 friends around here so it's difficult to talk issues with them

OP
OP
Ponderthis

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Update: I put 285s up front also and the car drives much better feels like it should now.. I determined my car or my particular setup must not like staggered as the square 285 setup I have now feels pretty stable and nothing like the squirrely old setup.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Update: I put 285s up front also and the car drives much better feels like it should now.. I determined my car or my particular setup must not like staggered as the square 285 setup I have now feels pretty stable and nothing like the squirrely old setup.
What is the difference in wheel widths and offsets between what you had for fronts and what you have now?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ponderthis

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
No difference, same OEM 20 wheels.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No difference, same OEM 20 wheels.
That makes a little sense. The 255s on the 9" wide 20s would be very, very responsive and sharp. The 285s will make it much number, and technically is too much tire for the 9" wheel, FYI.

OP
OP
Ponderthis

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It actually rides better and feels like it handles better than the 265s with these 285s, good bit wider tire obviously... Plus it even looks better IMO.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It actually rides better and feels like it handles better than the 265s with these 285s, good bit wider tire obviously... Plus it even looks better IMO.
As long as you're happy! It looks great. I wish those 20s weren't so heavy or I'd love some.

OP
OP
Ponderthis

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
As long as you're happy! It looks great. I wish those 20s weren't so heavy or I'd love some.
They are heavy as shit thats no lie!

Sponsored

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Wow !! What were the symptoms ? Any noises ?
A general feeling of unsteadiness at highway speed. If I hit any sort of undulation in the road at 70+, it would wobble back and forth like a buoy.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
A general feeling of unsteadiness at highway speed. If I hit any sort of undulation in the road at 70+, it would wobble back and forth like a buoy.
Found my left rear hub is getting loose.

I didn't detect any noticeable noise at speed, but they can make a grinding sound. I was getting some clunking from that corner stopping/starting. Mine didn't feel all that noticeable on the road, but maybe I can feel it a little.

I probably wouldn't have noticed, except I was torquing wheel lug nuts and notice a sound from that corner that couldn't be attributed to driveline clunks, then I found the hub had play.

Dealership says they will replace it for me under warranty (after initially saying it was a 'wear item'), so we'll see how that goes.
Sponsored