XBox One X

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
Anybody catch the E3 reveal? Forza 7 looks Amazeballs!!!! Wolfenstein 2 and the eventual Halo 6 will be on my list for sure... Can't wait for holiday 2017!!!
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I did. I have a monster PC (4790K Dual 980Tis) and a PS 4 PRO. So i MEH on it.

I think the PS4(Original) and XBOX one were under powered out of the gate because MS and SONY decided they had to be immediately profitable. Releasing consoles that couldn't do 1080P when that was the standard for almost a decade was inexcusable /rant

499 in November when the PS 4 PRO will be 300 by then I see this as dead on arrival.(I will sell but I see them always trailing sony)

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Forza 7 does look good... I'll be playing it on my PC.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I did. I have a monster PC (4790K Dual 980Tis) and a PS 4 PRO. So i MEH on it.

I think the PS4(Original) and XBOX one were under powered out of the gate because MS and SONY decided they had to be immediately profitable. Releasing consoles that couldn't do 1080P when that was the standard for almost a decade was inexcusable /rant

499 in November when the PS 4 PRO will be 300 by then I see this as dead on arrival.(I will sell but I see them always trailing sony)

The reception of a $500 price tag for the Xbox X is a lot better than the $500 announcement of the Xbox One.

The Sony Pro is $450 rightnow and will most certainly have a $50 sale during November, but I believe that the most hardcore have already gotten the Pro.

This Xbox X is more powerful and produces better graphics than the Pro, so all those Stathead and graphic hounds will want to get the newest and greatest thing.

Remember, yes the Xbox is behind Sony, and will likely stay there this "generation", but that also means that there is a bigger pool of players out there that don't have an Xbox One and would upgrade to the X than those who didn't have a PS4 and really didn't see a reason to upgrade to a Pro.

So I feel that the Xbox One X will out pace the PS4 Pro.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I used to own consoles. Man, what was I thinking. What a waste of money. Ended up switching to pc, building a gaming desktop, and getting a gaming laptop.

I'll also be playing Forza on Windows 10.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The reception of a $500 price tag for the Xbox X is a lot better than the $500 announcement of the Xbox One.

The Sony Pro is $450 rightnow and will most certainly have a $50 sale during November, but I believe that the most hardcore have already gotten the Pro.

This Xbox X is more powerful and produces better graphics than the Pro, so all those Stathead and graphic hounds will want to get the newest and greatest thing.

Remember, yes the Xbox is behind Sony, and will likely stay there this "generation", but that also means that there is a bigger pool of players out there that don't have an Xbox One and would upgrade to the X than those who didn't have a PS4 and really didn't see a reason to upgrade to a Pro.

So I feel that the Xbox One X will out pace the PS4 Pro.
Id agree but the PS4 has the better library (Last of us,uncharted,HZD, etc). I assume most people who are hardcore into graphics have a PCs and with most titles for the XBOX coming to the PC id always play on the PC. (Mainly because I have to fight my wife for the 4K tv :( )

We will see. With the mid cycle refreshes I am not sure where one generation ends and the others begins.

The Xbox one X is still not powerful enough to push a graphically intense games at 4K with out heavy compromises AND having to makes games for the XBOX one and XBOX one X will also mean compromises.

This article kind of says what im thinking
https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/12/15779866/microsoft-xbox-one-x-4k-price-vs-ps4-pro

OP
OP
Eisman

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
All good points guys! I certainly don't have any issues with PC gamers as a PC is definitely the best choice for gaming potential. At this time I don't have a PC capable of high end gaming (due for an upgrade) but I've just always liked the idea of keeping my PC for work purposes, ie photo/video editing. I usually end up wasting a couple hours a day on my Xbox while my wife is on the computer. The consoles just made sense to me. I'll be picking up the new One X at release, or shortly after. I didn't jump on the Xbox One S bandwagon, as I wanted to see how Scorpio panned out. Is it as good as the best gaming PCs? Nope. Is it the most powerful console created? Yep.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

LOL, in what country is the PS4 Pro $450? I paid $399 for mine, which is what every store sells them for.

The PS4 outsells the Xbone 2 to 1...and now that Microsoft has let the cat out of the bag, Sony knows what to do with the PS5 (or whatever they'll call it). And it will probably still outsell the XboneX.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
All good points guys! I certainly don't have any issues with PC gamers as a PC is definitely the best choice for gaming potential. At this time I don't have a PC capable of high end gaming (due for an upgrade) but I've just always liked the idea of keeping my PC for work purposes, ie photo/video editing. I usually end up wasting a couple hours a day on my Xbox while my wife is on the computer. The consoles just made sense to me. I'll be picking up the new One X at release, or shortly after. I didn't jump on the Xbox One S bandwagon, as I wanted to see how Scorpio panned out. Is it as good as the best gaming PCs? Nope. Is it the most powerful console created? Yep.
The PS4 and subsequent PS4 PRO where the most powerful ever at the time. Out of curiosity why didn't you get one of those?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, in what country is the PS4 Pro $450? I paid $399 for mine, which is what every store sells them for.

The PS4 outsells the Xbone 2 to 1...and now that Microsoft has let the cat out of the bag, Sony knows what to do with the PS5 (or whatever they'll call it). And it will probably still outsell the XboneX.
My bad I thought is came out at $450.
Just so we are straight, the XBox one X is a competitor to the PS4 Pro not a competitor to the PS5. One could say that Sony "let the cat of the bag" when the released tge PS4 Pro.
Also, i dont think Sony is still maintaining 2-1 sales at this time. Unless you are counting Japan which will never sustain Xbox.
Also your fanboy is showing with terms like "Xbone".

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Id agree but the PS4 has the better library (Last of us,uncharted,HZD, etc). I assume most people who are hardcore into graphics have a PCs and with most titles for the XBOX coming to the PC id always play on the PC. (Mainly because I have to fight my wife for the 4K tv :( )

We will see. With the mid cycle refreshes I am not sure where one generation ends and the others begins.

The Xbox one X is still not powerful enough to push a graphically intense games at 4K with out heavy compromises AND having to makes games for the XBOX one and XBOX one X will also mean compromises.

This article kind of says what im thinking
https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/12/15779866/microsoft-xbox-one-x-4k-price-vs-ps4-pro
I dont do PC anymore because I found myself worry too much about graphics card and compatibility issues.

With consoles if the logo matches it "should" work.

I used to by both main systems

I had Segas and Nintendos
I had playstations and xboxes

I stopped buyimg both not because the cost in money bit the cost in time. I found i only used my PS3 as a Blu Ray player and only bought a few PS games Uncharted 1, God of War 3 and few few others. If it was cross platform; i was ways ended up with tge Xbox 360 version because thats where i played online.

Picking favorite exclusives between the 2 systems is like picking between muslce cars. Personal choice. I picked Halo, Forza, and Gears over any exclusive that Sony offered and i still dont see myself regretting that.

I do see the story mode seems to be going away in favor of online multiplayer which i find disturbing; bit player like my son dont even play the story mode anymore.

So i guess the point i always make with consoles is...

There seems to be room for 2 main consoles and a 3rd nich system. One will always have better stats but negligable graphics and game play between the 2. Get the system that has the exclisives you want and/or the one that your friends are on.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I dont do PC anymore because I found myself worry too much about graphics card and compatibility issues.

With consoles if the logo matches it "should" work.

I used to by both main systems

I had Segas and Nintendos
I had playstations and xboxes

I stopped buyimg both not because the cost in money bit the cost in time. I found i only used my PS3 as a Blu Ray player and only bought a few PS games Uncharted 1, God of War 3 and few few others. If it was cross platform; i was ways ended up with tge Xbox 360 version because thats where i played online.

Picking favorite exclusives between the 2 systems is like picking between muslce cars. Personal choice. I picked Halo, Forza, and Gears over any exclusive that Sony offered and i still dont see myself regretting that.

I do see the story mode seems to be going away in favor of online multiplayer which i find disturbing; bit player like my son dont even play the story mode anymore.

So i guess the point i always make with consoles is...

There seems to be room for 2 main consoles and a 3rd nich system. One will always have better stats but negligable graphics and game play between the 2. Get the system that has the exclisives you want and/or the one that your friends are on.
Funny you say that. Consoles have moved closer to the PC with glitches crashes and patches. But I get your point its nice some times to just wake up the console and be in a game in seconds from the couch.

I could get all of them but I never saw the value of a XBOX I dont see the value of the scorpio but that will depend on the exclusives. MS always seem to manage to get it wrong somehow.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Funny you say that. Consoles have moved closer to the PC with glitches crashes and patches. But I get your point its nice some times to just wake up the console and be in a game in seconds from the couch.

I could get all of them but I never saw the value of a XBOX I dont see the value of the scorpio but that will depend on the exclusives. MS always seem to manage to get it wrong somehow.
Thats why i said "should"

I blame the industry standard of patch it later.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
My bad I thought is came out at $450.
Just so we are straight, the XBox one X is a competitor to the PS4 Pro not a competitor to the PS5. One could say that Sony "let the cat of the bag" when the released tge PS4 Pro.
Also, i dont think Sony is still maintaining 2-1 sales at this time. Unless you are counting Japan which will never sustain Xbox.
Also your fanboy is showing with terms like "Xbone".
Is fanboy supposed to be derogatory? I never understood that description. If I call it PS4 instead of Playstation 4, what's wrong with XBone? Either way, yes I think PS4 is much better than Xbox1, as does just about every console reviewer. The PS4 Pro is not a replacement for the PS4, it's at best a soft upgrade. The "Scorpio" or XB1X is a complete hardware upgrade...so I wholeheartedly disagree that it's their answer to the PS4Pro.

Facts: PS4 has sold nearly 60 million consoles. Xbone, 26 million. It's plainly obvious which is the more popular console and which company knows the gaming world better. This is evident by the pricing MS put on the XB1X...$499 is a stupid price and Sony could murder nearly all future sales of it by cutting the PS4Pro by $50-100 dollars.

Oh and since I like to say I told you so when someone wants to get bent out of shape...here's some unbiased reporting on this subject http://www.businessinsider.com/playstation-4-ps4-xbox-one-sales-2017-6

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
PS4 is awesome. The XBOX X looks good too but XBOX needs to seriously rethink how they name their consoles.
Sponsored