OP
OP
Nik_Ind

Nik_Ind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0 GT Coupe
Nice! I've read great reviews about the x8 and the IDMax as well. Just never wanted to go through the hassle of changing the head unit. Does it make a big difference?
Sponsored

Last edited:

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah there's a substantial difference in clarity but like you said, you only listen to music so loud. I'm not a necessarily a stickler for super pure unadulterated sound like some. I just want it to sound good and bang to a decent extent. With your current setup, I'd enjoy the hell out of it and not touch a thing unless you really get the itch.

OP
OP
Nik_Ind

Nik_Ind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0 GT Coupe
Haha! I agree, man! I have no complaints at all. But like you said, I might in a few months, when I get the itch :p I'm one of those who like to keep modding from time to time. Got the GT350 bumper on my list next :headbonk:

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Changes look great, keep up the good work!:cheers:

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
OP (in India??) appreciate this post - VERY much. Would appreciate your input:
2021 GT with 9 speaker.

1) Going to do as you have with the Infinity mid (with 0-85 blockers), disconnect tweeter and centre channel.
How did you disconnect the tweeter? I have also heard you lose some bluetooth/Carplay interaction sound level with the centre speaker disconnected?

2) I'm going to do the Focal in the deck lid as you did, but later on. Thanks for this suggestion.
3) I too have a line level converter to a 10" Pioneer champion sub and their D class AMP. In my Jetta it was over kill and way too much, but sounds perfect in the Mustang! I mean it hits HARD, and it is turned down!

Appreciate your focus on SQ vs DB and posting up your progress.

babrams3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT C/S Manual FBO
Did the 3.5" with 4 ohm speakers hold up?
Sponsored