Sponsored

FRPP Track package help.

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
If you look at the contour of the bar, I'm guessing Ford doesn't think it needs locks because there's quite a bit of "bend" in the bar to slow/stop movement already. (Track pack bar is blue, stock GT PP bar is black)
DSCN2068.JPG
DSCN2076.JPG
Sponsored

FlyBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Wimbledon White
Thanks lugz, I appreciate your help and input.

Thoughts on using stronger end links?

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Thanks lugz, I appreciate your help and input.

Thoughts on using stronger end links?
I haven't inspected mine lately. I do wonder if those guys who have bent the stockers did so via unexpected highway hell-hole vs aggressive track days, or maybe something got bound up in the suspension that shouldn't have. They sure look rickety though, no doubt.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
On this topic, what's the consensus with reusing the nylock nuts for the sway bar end links? Seems excessive to have a replacement on hand every time you want to make an adjustment. Steeda says use RED loctite on their website (no way, surely). I've never had an end link nut come loose, but it must be single use for a reason. Perhaps some blue loctite and call it a day?

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
On this topic, what's the consensus with reusing the nylock nuts for the sway bar end links?
The FRPP Track Pack comes with quite a bit of replacement hardware, so that's what I used the first time around. When I had to go back and tear apart everything to do the camber plates and then again when changing the sway bars from soft to stiff, I just used blue loctite. No problems so far but YMMV.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bigtim352

Bigtim352

bigtim352
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT w/black accent package
so after months of investigation, i found where my noise was coming from. my bbk longtube headers were hitting the frame under heavy load. trimmed the headers exhaust mount bracket and noise went away. went to a track day at willow springs and didnt hear or feel a thing.

Ghost.5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL1
I'm a few months behind on this thread, but I appreciate the insight everyone has given. I think I'm going to pick up this package with the lock outs as well. Start here and continually move up in suspension setups. Adding a couple other suspension components should be a great setup to start HPDE.

OP
OP
Bigtim352

Bigtim352

bigtim352
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I'm a few months behind on this thread, but I appreciate the insight everyone has given. I think I'm going to pick up this package with the lock outs as well. Start here and continually move up in suspension setups. Adding a couple other suspension components should be a great setup to start HPDE.
great start for HPDE, also with the added lockouts and finding that my long tube headers connection brackets were touching my frame on high intensity corners I got rid of all noise.

I have tracked the car and done autocross, all in all I love it. plan on doing some more mods but atm I'm happy with where the care is at.

Ghost.5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL1
And no issues with the lockouts?

OP
OP
Bigtim352

Bigtim352

bigtim352
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
And no issues with the lockouts?
currently not any from the lockouts, but the only thing i didnt like was that the lockouts were to wide and they didnt sit flush on the bar. but nonetheless they stopped the bar from having any lateral movement.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The bar will never move laterally. The lockouts are unnecessary.
Sponsored