Sponsored

FRPP Track package help.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Here's a before and after... stance is perfect for me. Before it felt like the front end was higher than the back. Now it's got a very subtle rake.
Has it settled at all since the after shot? Looks like barely an inch at the front and less at the rear. What are your tire sizes?
Sponsored

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Has it settled at all since the after shot? Looks like barely an inch at the front and less at the rear. What are your tire sizes?
I think it's the difference in camera angles (unintentional) that makes the after shot look less than it is. I'd say the 1" drop is about right, maybe a little more than that up front. Running square 285-35-19.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Mine dropped more in the front than in the rear. Definitely a noticeable rake.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I think it's the difference in camera angles (unintentional) that makes the after shot look less than it is. I'd say the 1" drop is about right, maybe a little more than that up front. Running square 285-35-19.
Oh sure, these things can be hard to capture in the photos. Car looks great nonetheless.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Good to see you got this resolved.

Also good to see the community helping out!

I posted a few times about the flaw within their front bar mounting long ago before anyone had really had any issues and I practically got burned on a cross. I was simply providing insight. Good to see it has become known and accepted.

Sponsored

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Also good to see the community helping out!
Hey, I wanted to personally thank you for posting up the writeup on rear control arm removal/replace. It was so nice to have all the bolt sizes and torque specs, etc. Although we pressed in steeda bearings, the writeup was invaluable for the rear suspension. We didn't have to touch the subframe bolts at all, and the factory instructions were a little squirrely. :cheers:

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Here's a few more better before and after shots from a similar camera angle.
DSCN2051.JPG
DSCN2052.JPG
DSCN2142.JPG
DSCN2143.JPG

FlyBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Wimbledon White
So I have the Ford Performance Track Handling package, and my front sway bar also shifts laterally to where it hits the front subframe at the sway bar's 90 degree bend. It only hits when cornering hard, but it can stay in that off center position.

I contacted the Ford Performance Tech Line, and they said that it's normal for the front bar to shift laterally. I told them I can live with lateral movement, but I wouldn't think it's normal for the sway bar to shift enough to where it hits the undercarriage. I told them I wanted to put on lateral locks, and after consulting with Ford Engineering, their response was to definitely NOT use lateral locks, and that it would adversely affect handling. It seems to me that lateral locks would perform the same function as the built-in lateral stops on most other aftermarket sway bars. Even the Track Handling package rear bar has lateral stops on it.

I asked for a recommendation to keep the sway bar from hitting the subframe without using lateral locks (maybe beefier end links?), and also an explanation as to why lateral locks shouldn't be used. That was about a month ago, and after several follow-ups, have not been given an answer.

Could those with the same issue with the front sway bar please contact Tom M. at the Ford Performance Tech Line (800) 367-3788 and let him know that you've also experienced this? Tom said that my call was the first and only time he's heard of this problem. If others contact him, I'm hoping for a quicker response and resolution from Ford Engineering.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
^^^ interesting. I don't see how lateral locks could affect handling or function of the bar as they don't prevent any fore-aft movement.

I have installed them on my car and no movement.

Can anyone tell me whether the locks should be installed on the INSIDE of the swaybar mounting bushes or the OUTSIDE? I installed both of mine outside of the bushes but notices the rear bar has the stopper on the inside so wasn't sure. Either way will prevent lateral movement, just wasn't sure if one was preferential to the other.

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
^^^ interesting. I don't see how lateral locks could affect handling or function of the bar as they don't prevent any fore-aft movement.

I have installed them on my car and no movement.

Can anyone tell me whether the locks should be installed on the INSIDE of the swaybar mounting bushes or the OUTSIDE? I installed both of mine outside of the bushes but notices the rear bar has the stopper on the inside so wasn't sure. Either way will prevent lateral movement, just wasn't sure if one was preferential to the other.
It doesn't matter which side of bushing you install them on as long as you do it the same for both sides. I think on mine, they really only fit on one side and I didn't have the option to choose.

Sponsored

FlyBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I told them I wanted to put on lateral locks, and after consulting with Ford Engineering, their response was to definitely NOT use lateral locks, and that it would adversely affect handling. It seems to me that lateral locks would perform the same function as the built-in lateral stops on most other aftermarket sway bars. Even the Track Handling package rear bar has lateral stops on it.

I asked for a recommendation to keep the sway bar from hitting the subframe without using lateral locks (maybe beefier end links?), and also an explanation as to why lateral locks shouldn't be used. That was about a month ago, and after several follow-ups, have not been given an answer.
Has anyone with lateral locks on the front sway bar experienced adverse handling?

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Has anyone with lateral locks on the front sway bar experienced adverse handling?
I wouldn't worry about it. There are quite a few people on here that have been running these bars with the lateral locks for quite a while (some on track) and no reported issues. All of the issues are when not running them (as you reported. The sway bar cannot do it's job correctly if it is sliding laterally.

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
No, but I never ran it without the locks to compare. The springs are progressive, which is kind of annoying/different in its own way. Haven't felt anything dangerous or "surprising" or inconsistent at speed or transition.

I will say after driving on it for a few k miles now that the FRPP alignment specs still has a "skosh" of understeer built in. It's pretty close to neutral and maybe most folks will be fine with it that way, but when I do the CB005 kit, I'm going to put a little more negative camber up front.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I installed the track pack myself as well but did not install the lateral lock outs you guys refer to.

I do not have any clunks or pops. Completely solid for the last 5000+ miles and two open track events.

Mine also sits a bit lower than Lugz' pictures.

FlyBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't worry about it. There are quite a few people on here that have been running these bars with the lateral locks for quite a while (some on track) and no reported issues.
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I don't see how lateral locks would affect handling any differently than built-in lateral stops like on the BMR, Steeda, Eibach, etc. Whiteline doesn't have stops, but they include locks in their kit. Trying to understand Ford's logic.

Any vendors have insight to add?
Sponsored