Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Those codes wont work with the newest unit. At least they didn't with mine.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
I got in with the codes found in this thread. Not sure if I used the ones in the video. I have the Gen 2

Edit :
I looked at the codes and I'm pretty sure that's the ones I used

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Maybe its dependent on each unit and what they ship with. I have gen 2 but I know they don't work on mine. Tried numerous times. Mine was shipped with version 6.X of their software/kernel (still KitKat, not MarshMellow).

Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I'm still working with a manufacturer in Hong Kong, but I'm at the mercy of my friend who's there visiting as my liaison.
The goal:

10" Vertical unit with FULL user customization options, all open source, nothing proprietary, all-in-one design, with cooling fan, improved WiFi (including 5Ghz, not just 2.4) Bluetooth, OBDII compatibility, and ACTUAL Android 6.x - In the $350 range.

Is it going to happen soon? No. It's likely going to require an investment on my part in the $3,000 range so that could delay it even more with my medical issues.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I'm still working with a manufacturer in Hong Kong, but I'm at the mercy of my friend who's there visiting as my liaison.
The goal:

10" Vertical unit with FULL user customization options, all open source, nothing proprietary, all-in-one design, with cooling fan, improved WiFi (including 5Ghz, not just 2.4) Bluetooth, OBDII compatibility, and ACTUAL Android 6.x - In the $350 range.

Is it going to happen soon? No. It's likely going to require an investment on my part in the $3,000 range so that could delay it even more with my medical issues.
Sounds like a dream.. The 10.2 Horizontal unit works with my OBD MX link. But its also doing something weird, you cant turn on Bluetooth unless you are in their application. The stock Bluetooth settings are gone. I need to play with it more but it looks like its hard coded to turn on bluetooth if certain apps are running.

Ill compare the two when I finish the install

Last edited:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Went ahead and flashed my system using StangATX gen 2 rom so I could get back my stock theme. For some reason mine got lost and it could never be selected on the UI menu anymore. I think the blue/blue theme is the cleanest one. Something about all the other launch bars/AC controls just don't flow well enough for me. Plus the secret menu codes actually work now. The version 6.6 or whatever mine was shipped with did not. One thing I noticed with this rom (custom april) was regardless of having it set to MPH, when you have the gauges pop up with the little car, it's still in km/h. Any way to get that to change?

I also have something cool to show you guys later this evening when I can get some video. Some of you might like it.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Went ahead and flashed my system using StangATX gen 2 rom so I could get back my stock theme. For some reason mine got lost and it could never be selected on the UI menu anymore. I think the blue/blue theme is the cleanest one. Something about all the other launch bars/AC controls just don't flow well enough for me. Plus the secret menu codes actually work now. The version 6.6 or whatever mine was shipped with did not. One thing I noticed with this rom (custom april) was regardless of having it set to MPH, when you have the gauges pop up with the little car, it's still in km/h. Any way to get that to change?

I also have something cool to show you guys later this evening when I can get some video. Some of you might like it.

AFAIK, there's no way to change the km/h there, I think that's part of the eventctr.apk that doesn't like to be modified.
[MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] What's the latest on you having a recovery?

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
AFAIK, there's no way to change the km/h there, I think that's part of the eventctr.apk that doesn't like to be modified.
@StangATX What's the latest on you having a recovery?
I Actually did put everything to MPH. It'll change whenever you'll start the car. I forgot to change it before we start the car though lol. Since everyone wanted to new theme I didn't bother to reprogram that part... I'll know in couple of day. I'll keep you posted.

WarEagleGT

S550 Newb
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Base model Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT, Auto trans

Care to make that video or share?

WarEagleGT

S550 Newb
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Base model Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT, Auto trans
Automate is a pretty cool driving UI to use with the unit. Just wish there wasn't so much wasted space with the top bars. I really hope a simple way can be found for recovery. What I would really love is just a vanilla android rom that we could install and not have all the stock stuff on there and build off that. I've been looking up the chipset to see if I can stumble on anything that might help us some how.
What exactly does Automate do?