Not open for further replies.

Dustin@LMR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Hey everyone!

SVE Performance just released their newest addition to their already

long line of aftermarket parts for your S550 Mustang!

Check out the SVE X550 Steering Wheel!

This wheel works with ALL S550 Mustangs!

Check out our install, and review video, and pick yours up through the link below!

http://latemodelres.to/2hAOxr0

[ame]

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Mustang SVE X550 Steering Wheel
Drastically change the look and feel of your interior with this 2015-2017 Mustang SVE X550 steering wheel! While working the pedals during vigorous driving, your legs may come into contact with the factory steering wheel. SVE's X550 steering wheel features a race inspired, flat bottom design. A flat bottom design provides more leg clearance during spirited driving, as well as getting in and out of your Mustang. The X550 steering wheel has thicker grips at the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock hand locations to improve grip and control. Once installed, the lines and shape of the X550 wheel is sure to transform the interior of your S550.

High Quality Construction
The X550 steering wheel has strategically placed materials throughout the wheel. Black, genuine leather is sewn in on both sides of the wheel where your hands are most commonly placed. This durable material helps extend the life of your wheel in places that see the most use. A black, leather sight-line is sewn into the 12 o'clock position of the wheel. This helps you quickly steer your Mustang straight after coming out of a turn. The top and bottom of the steering wheel has black suede material that provides a high class look. Black stitching is used throughout to complete SVE's X550 steering wheel.

X550 Features
- Black genuine leather with perforations.
- Black suede top and bottom.
- Black simulated leather sight-line.
- Accepts factory air bag and steering controls.
- Measures 14 1/4" vertically and 14 3/4" horizontally.

Application
-Fits 2015-2017 Mustang
Sponsored

Last edited:

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Are the top and bottom alcantara? Is it thicker than stock? Cheers

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
Im slightly concerned the frame work isn't as strong as factory. For example, some cheaper aftermarket wheels will snap in the event of an accident.

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
love to have it...but if you're not a do-it-yourself, you're just out of luck... :(

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
love to have it...but if you're not a do-it-yourself, you're just out of luck... :(
I took apart my whole steering wheel assembly last night, you can literally buy all 3 tools you need at Autozone for $20, it is very, very easy to do

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I wish someone would make a good steering wheel that has some girth to it. These wimpy oem steering wheels are pathetic, GTIs have better steering wheels...

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I love the flat bottom, but it would be nice if someone offered a thinner wheel, as the stock one can get rather uncomfortable after a while. I don't understand why Ford made it so thick (even Matt Farah commented on it, and he's a big guy).

Also, why does everything have to have suede/alcantara on it? I hate that stuff.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I love the flat bottom, but it would be nice if someone offered a thinner wheel, as the stock one can get rather uncomfortable after a while. I don't understand why Ford made it so thick (even Matt Farah commented on it, and he's a big guy).

Also, why does everything have to have suede/alcantara on it? I hate that stuff.
Whaa? The stock wheel, heck, even the GT350 wheel is too thin for my liking. But I have large hands, so I guess it's all about what is comfortable.

Travbedaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB Prem
Whaa? The stock wheel, heck, even the GT350 wheel is too thin for my liking. But I have large hands, so I guess it's all about what is comfortable.
Agreed, I have small hands and I can't stand how thin the stock wheel is, it's like it was made for a toddler instead of a grown up. Kinda joking but kinda not.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Ford(or aftermarket) need to copy the M3 wheel thickness, it is perfect. Stock is far too thin. My 4runner has a thicker steering wheel..

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I took apart my whole steering wheel assembly last night, you can literally buy all 3 tools you need at Autozone for $20, it is very, very easy to do

man, i wouldn't trust myself to assemble a bookshelf from IKEA! lololol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.