Sponsored

Steeda Fixed Valved Pro-Action Shocks & Struts (2015-2019)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic Grey
I've had Bilsteins on other cars in the past. From the description of ride and compression rebound, this set up sounds a lot like those. Very pleasing.
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Ok so I have driven on them about 400 miles the last two days.
1. they are much firmer than the stock PP struts/shocks HOWEVER they are not as harsh on compression. You feel every bump but it is not jarring like the stock ones
2. there is a ton less nose lift under hard throttle it stays much flatter than before.
3. I can get more wheel spin on launches due to the fact you dont get as much weight transfer but that is to be expected.
4. it stays much flatter in corners and recovers quicker.
5. the whole car feels much more predictable

All and all I like the ride. I hear more HVH (for some reason road noise is a bit louder) but it is not bad at all. When I hit bigger bumps it is not jarring but I do feel more bumps they just are not harsh.

I would recommend these for a daily driver or someone that wants a little more performance without making the car almost undrivable on bad roads.

Keltymd, Thanks for the review. Steeda spent countless hours testing various valving combinations with take a-part shocks on all kinds of different road surfaces.

We are fortunate to have South Georgia Motorsports Park in our back yard.
That's where we do a lot of testing from the simulate road services, Drag Strip,to the Autocross track. Then we complete our testing at Steeda where we have a jarring simulated strip to check for suspension knock back. Also, we spend lots of time on our skid pad at Steeda.

Steeda Tech

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=26181]keltymd[/MENTION]
What about freeway bounce over expansion joints, where the car is in a continuous state of movement and feels like there's no damping at all?

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
[MENTION=26181]keltymd[/MENTION]
What about freeway bounce over expansion joints, where the car is in a continuous state of movement and feels like there's no damping at all?
I thought it was just my ride cause it's a convertible. Good question.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
my Car felt great over the expansion joints. you know they are there but they do not unsettle the car at all
Good to know. I'm getting really tired of the car oscillating on certain roads because there's so little low-speed damping (rebound specifically).

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know. I'm getting really tired of the car oscillating on certain roads because there's so little low-speed damping (rebound specifically).
We can help with that :headbang:

Best Regards,

TJ

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
as an update I have noticed that on hard turn exits there is a little more tendency to have slip when applying the throttle early before full apex of the turn but that is to be expected when tightening up the rear end.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Steeda linear Front 200lbs/in Rear 800lbs/in

Steeda Progressive Front 145/225lbs/in Rear 525lbs/820lbs/in

if you interpolate between the progressive rates you should be just fine.
Is that the rates for the GT progressives? Do you know the rates for the EB progressives?

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Yes I do. Honestly the valving on the PP struts is crap. They don't handle I feel they work better for drag racing since they squat a lot but for handling they are bad and very uncomfortable

Last edited:

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Is that the rates for the GT progressives? Do you know the rates for the EB progressives?
Yes, they are pretty much the same as the GT, only the free length is changed.

Mike D

trustyrusty436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the Pro Action Adjustable shocks & struts, with SR lowering springs on a 2015 GT, their set 1/2 turn from full soft. The ride is firm and controlled, it's far better than the stock setup. I thought about getting some kind of Ford Performance setup,but after the disappointment of the stock base suspension I went another route. The pogo stick feel of the base suspension and the wheel hop get old really quick,for all the new model Mustang is, there are a lot crappy parts on it. But with the Steeda shocks and struts, SR springs and Steeda IRS braces, it handles great now and the wheel hop is gone to. I don't think I need any sway bars as it corners plenty flat as is and will be a DD.

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
Anyone else have these installed? I am having them installed next month and I'm pretty excited about it. What should I expect with these shocks/struts paired with the sport progressive springs coming from the stock non pp suspension?
Sponsored