Sponsored

MyColor on non-Premium? Hack/flash/reprogram?

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT, PP/Prem
aggieStang, you are doing the Lord's work!
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
aggieStang I am very interested in this since in our Euro Mustangs some functions are disabled and I would like to enable them!

If you want a comparison, I can test something in my car (when I will receive it, hopefully in a few days)
Do you build your obd2 adapter as per the jamessimpsons' site?

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
aggieStang I am very interested in this since in our Euro Mustangs some functions are disabled and I would like to enable them!

If you want a comparison, I can test something in my car (when I will receive it, hopefully in a few days)
Do you build your obd2 adapter as per the jamessimpsons' site?
Not sure what site that is, but its just taking a normal hcan obd2 adapter and adding a switch to go to mcan

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But ya when i get into it, i will let u know if i needs some euro stuff tested

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Well that was my thought on the whole Base vs Premium radio thing, even on my cheap $18k Veloster, it had a 5" LCD screen across all the models. So why not have the toucscreen across all models of the Mustang, wouldn't it be cheaper to just manufacture that touchscreen then to need the machines to manufacture to completely different setups?
To be fair that $18k car has a 132hp go kart engine. A lot more free $ for tech in that car. The Mustang has a lot more performance parts under its skin that cost $, and they have to skimp somewhere on the base model to keep the target price.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Not sure what site that is, but its just taking a normal hcan obd2 adapter and adding a switch to go to mcan
It's the site mentioned some posts back from smdandb2: http://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/elmconfig-enable-ford-ecu-functions/

I'm searching a place to start :)

For example, could seems silly but I like the honk when locking\unlocking the car, that is disablet in EU version.. or maybe the lights behaviour.. this will be a definitive mod for us (we are trying to replicate your lights behaviour rewiring the lights..)

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's the site mentioned some posts back from smdandb2: http://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/elmconfig-enable-ford-ecu-functions/

I'm searching a place to start :)

For example, could seems silly but I like the honk when locking\unlocking the car, that is disablet in EU version.. or maybe the lights behaviour.. this will be a definitive mod for us (we are trying to replicate your lights behaviour rewiring the lights..)
Ya thats what i did. Also elmconfig should get the basic stuff activated for you.

snkmug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Orange
can and lin bus makes things simple. You just need to access the hardware in the car to turn on the options that it did not come with. Finding the software to do that outside the dealer, is not so easy. its like turning a switch on and off. With Dodge stuff you just download the files by the accessory code number. Even if the wiring is not there you can just connect to a lin bus wire and the bcm should see it. We need this access for, door sill lighting, adding the blis mirrors, upgrading the base radio with a premium unit, and the my color. This can be done with just a laptop with the right software.

Last edited:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Sad day for this thread.... When I went to get my ACM reprogrammed for my MFT swap we also messed around with the instrument cluster. We were able to completely reprogram my base cluster with data from a premium vehicle. Everything worked except mycolor... It was no where to be found in the settings.... This leads to one of two possibilities.

1. The hardware is not there to support mycolor. Wether that be the controller or the RGB leds

2. Ford locked this option out so people like myself could not access it so easily.

For now it looks like mycolor will require a cluster swap.

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I was really hoping for it too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

oustaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2016 Mustang
Sad day for this thread.... When I went to get my ACM reprogrammed for my MFT swap we also messed around with the instrument cluster. We were able to completely reprogram my base cluster with data from a premium vehicle. Everything worked except mycolor... It was no where to be found in the settings.... This leads to one of two possibilities.

1. The hardware is not there to support mycolor. Wether that be the controller or the RGB leds

2. Ford locked this option out so people like myself could not access it so easily.

For now it looks like mycolor will require a cluster swap.
Thanks Zach, is it easy to swap cluster?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Zach, is it easy to swap cluster?
4 bolts and one plug and the cluster is out. The biggest issue you will run into is price... I believe Ford wants $700-$800 for the cluster.

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 bolts and one plug and the cluster is out. The biggest issue you will run into is price... I believe Ford wants $700-$800 for the cluster.
Did you put the proper premium code into the bcm-b as well. It may have to be activated throughout the car, not just the gauges.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Did you put the proper premium code into the bcm-b as well. It may have to be activated throughout the car, not just the gauges.

I did not. I didn't have the time to do so. The more I think about it though you might be right. Mycolor is not exclusive to the cluster... Add to that the fact that I didn't even get the option in the cluster settings leads me to believe something was missing. That said reprogramming the BCM could have ALOT of unwanted consequences.

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did not. I didn't have the time to do so. The more I think about it though you might be right. Mycolor is not exclusive to the cluster... Add to that the fact that I didn't even get the option in the cluster settings leads me to believe something was missing. That said reprogramming the BCM could have ALOT of unwanted consequences.
Not reprogramming bcm-b. It only controls mycolor, tail lights, convertable stuff (if vert), and just a few other little things.
Sponsored