Sponsored

Guys running Amsoil in their manual trans

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I might drain some and try this.
Since switching from the Ford fill to the straight Amsoil Synchromesh I am having more grinding in 1-2 shifts and fifth. The Ford fill was better IMO.
Interesting. Anyone else have a comparison to the Ford fluid?

Hypothetically, if something were to happen to the transmission, would switching the fluid void your warranty or is that a stretch?
Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I switched to RP's Synchromax and it is better in ever aspect: cold starts, shifting smoothness, etc.
I'm not too familiar with any of this. Whats the quantity of fluid for the MT-82? Are you just using straight RP fluid or do you have to mix some of this and that as you do with Amsoil (someone noted above that you use 2 bottles of the transmission fluid and 1 bottle of something else)?

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'm not too familiar with any of this. Whats the quantity of fluid for the MT-82? Are you just using straight RP fluid or do you have to mix some of this and that as you do with Amsoil (someone noted above that you use 2 bottles of the transmission fluid and 1 bottle of something else)?
Manual is 5.5 pints. I put straight Royal Purple Synchromax in it.

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
Well, I changed the oil today and decided to drain the transmission and put RP Syncromax in it after reading some of the comments (a couple of different threads). I have 3,000 miles on it and it has always shifted very notchy. 2nd gear was the worst. If your hand was on the shifter, it made a odd whirring/humming noise(2nd gear only). Even my Ford Field Service Engineer thought it was noisy and notchy. Warm or cold. After driving for ten minutes it is completely gone. Shifts super smooth! Noise gone! I'll see how it is in the morning, but I am very happy so far.
Thanks guys for the comments on it. I thought I'd have to live with it as the other GT Mustangs ( not the GT350s we have) in stock do it too.

Sponsored

Slater_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cali, 2016 GT premium
Just found this thread. I'm doing the Amsoil cocktail today as well. My only question is the manual states that it takes 2.6 liters to fill it... Will it hurt anything to put the full 3 liters from the syncromesh and the transaxle lube in it?

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just found this thread. I'm doing the Amsoil cocktail today as well. My only question is the manual states that it takes 2.6 liters to fill it... Will it hurt anything to put the full 3 liters from the syncromesh and the transaxle lube in it?
I actually hear its better to sllightly overfill. Mainly because during weight transfer the oil tends to slide back and your third gear is located at the front of the transmission which causes it to stay without lubrication at times, overfilling supposedly helps this issue.
Sponsored