Sponsored

MT82 to 6r80 Swap

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Ive been doing a ton of searching and reading and everything I can find on doing this switch seems over a year old now. So I would like to hear if others have made this conversion and what was involved. Obviously the main mechanical parts don't seem too hard to find, I am more concerned on the ECM, the wiring, trans cooling, etc.

Right now to trade in the car and buy a similar non-performance package auto car will hit my wallet for 4-5k and I would end up with a very NON unique ride, so I prefer if I could swap it instead.
Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
[MENTION=9456]Tommy V[/MENTION] helped his buddy do the swap. Said it wasn't too bad. It also depends on what all factory features you are wanting. The PBTH guys wanted almost 9K for the built 6R80 swap.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Ive been doing a ton of searching and reading and everything I can find on doing this switch seems over a year old now. So I would like to hear if others have made this conversion and what was involved. Obviously the main mechanical parts don't seem too hard to find, I am more concerned on the ECM, the wiring, trans cooling, etc.

Right now to trade in the car and buy a similar non-performance package auto car will hit my wallet for 4-5k and I would end up with a very NON unique ride, so I prefer if I could swap it instead.
Ugh I hear ya man. This is still on my back burner for things I could do instead of slapping gears(which ill miss dearly). If I do decide to go for it I want the fit and finish as if I were to have bought an Auto in the first place.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
The wiring is easy,buy a new auto wire harness and with the trans out we had the new harness in,in less then an hour.The programing is a little tricky,u need to have pats capabiltily to flash the security system.The other modules abs/bcm was pretty easy.The hard part for us was finding the correct info on how to program the key fobs after flashing the pats,once we got that we were good.Also when flashing the abs/ bcm it goes fast once u figure out what as built data to use.We had the trans swap,hard parts done in a half day.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I did the swap with Tommy's help and it wasn't too bad but I think I would trade it in for only 4K since it will cost close to that. I would be concerned if you have emissions testing since some had to change their VIN. I would be happy to answer any questions you have. I also posted a thread on here explaining whatI did.

Sponsored

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Definitely plan on doing the swap. Is a auto cluster needed? What about the booster master cylinder?

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Definitely plan on doing the swap. Is a auto cluster needed? What about the booster master cylinder?
Yes auto cluster
Booster is the same , just heat up the clutch nipple and crimp it closed with pliers.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
No we did not need the auto cluster,everything came up on the manual cluster just like an auto now.We also did not need to change brake master cyl,we capped off the wheir the clutch line use to go.Since no more clutch pedal their is no pressure at this point.Boosted i see wheir u pm'ed me and i will get back to u as soon as i can.The ipc can be reprogrammed.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Agreed with the above. I used my manual cluster and changed some as built to enable the gear indicator when in manual mode. It will not show the standard P R N D S though.

Kept my manual booster and capped it.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
so whats the cost of an auto swap? is it actually 9k?

Sponsored

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Agreed with the above. I used my manual cluster and changed some as built to enable the gear indicator when in manual mode. It will not show the standard P R N D S though.

Kept my manual booster and capped it.
So will any auto as built data work or does a certain one have to replace the manual data? Thanks for the above glad I don't have to buy another cluster or master cylinder.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
So will any auto as built data work or does a certain one have to replace the manual data? Thanks for the above glad I don't have to buy another cluster or master cylinder.
Best to use the closest as built data to your car,if its a pp car use a 50th anny model data.

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Best to use the closest as built data to your car,if its a pp car use a 50th anny model data.
Awesome thanks. I do have a performance pack. Will definitely hit you up when I start doing it. Hopefully it will somewhat be pretty simple.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
it does seem like it would be better to trade in for an auto for a 4k difference. but i guess depends on how much you already have invested in the car
Sponsored