Sponsored

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
I'm not saying you're wrong -- in fact, I've gone back and reformatted the drive -- but here's a screenshot from Ford's own webpage:

So there's an "install" option on the TomTop front end?
I don't believe sync 2 can even read exFAT (it wouldn't read a USB formatted to that with music for me), so I'm glad Ford is steering people in the wrong direction :headbonk:

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
For the record, installing the Sync update was actually pretty straightforward. I had to format the drive in FAT32 (unlike what Ford's own website said) but TomTop installed it just fine.

There were plenty of points when it looked like nothing was happening, but the USB stick I used had an activity light that would flash so I just let it go.

I went inside and did chores for half an hour and when I came out everything was done and my version number had changed, so hurrah. Maybe this means I won't have to pull the damn Sync fuse every 6 weeks now?

What version Sync ? Did the update resolve anything ?

Thanks
Joe

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I think this updated to 5.9.

I've only driven the car for a total of 14 minutes so far with the update, so it's far too early to say for sure if it did anything useful or not.

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think this updated to 5.9.

I've only driven the car for a total of 14 minutes so far with the update, so it's far too early to say for sure if it did anything useful or not.

How does one go about updating our BASE systems ?

Only directions I have see have been for the Mustangs with the factory navigation screens..

Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
How does one go about updating our BASE systems ?

Only directions I have see have been for the Mustangs with the factory navigation screens..
It was pretty easy. I just formatted the drive in FAT32 and followed the directions to copy the update (from Ford's website) to the drive.

Then you plug the USB drive into the USB port, go to SETTINGS on the TomTop unit, and there's an option for "install Sync" or "Sync update" or something like that.

Then you just hit okay and walk away for half an hour (leave the car running, though).

maaperez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Hi guys! someone have the "FileCopy" soft to change the lang.xml file on my unit?

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
Does the Tomtop unit have RCA outputs to connect to an Amp, or does it require a LOC? Thank you.

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
Is there an order that the updates on your Stangatx.cf site should be installed for the Tomtop, or is the last update "cumalative"? thank you.

Sponsored

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
Hey there all I have an issue with my tomtop. It does not want to play my phone music. It just as a message that says play music from phone. And now it has Chinese writing on one of the button options. Has this happened to anyone.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Press the button on the touchscreen that says aux it is to the right of the center square box that says play music sometimes you might have to hit it more than once to cycle through to get to your music that you can either stream or that is playing on your phone.

TJames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I did try contacting them. They gave me that code and told me to put it in the System Update option to change my language to English completely, because I inquired about the Chinese mute button, and the Phone Connected being cut off.

It changed it ALL to Chinese.. very frustrating.

I am now communicating with Amazon to see what my options are. It's going to be hell if I have to take everything apart again. I should've just saved more and opted for the Moddiction unit or the Raxiom unit.

EDIT: By the way, what enticed me the most about the unit I purchased (KKmoon or Docooler) was the price point of $300.00. I'm not worried about HDMI or anything too fancy. I just wanted a customized navigation program.

EDIT 2: I'VE GOT THE CODE TO CHANGE IT BACK TO ENGLISH! They were sending me on a wild goose chase. Very frustrating to be without a head unit that's not in English for nearly 3 weeks!

Car model setting password: 123456888

Tire pressure and maintenance reminder set to: 168888

Language set ting for CHINESE: 1234560204

Language setting for ENGLISH: 1234560864

Info by Mjolneer post#147 pg10
OMG. You are a fucking lifesaver. I have literally been searching and trying everything to get it back to english from chinese. Tomtop support is NO HELP what so ever. I'm so happy right now. Thought I wasted 400 dollars after install for nothing!

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Glad it worked out for you, tomtop maybe a bargain but their customer service and their warranty is complete garbage. It's a good thing there's fourms like this for people to help each other out

s550_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
So has anyone figured out how to run Sync3 on tomtop unit
Sponsored