Sponsored

MyColor on non-Premium? Hack/flash/reprogram?

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Well i took it to ford today it worked but like everyone said the sidecollision sensors come on and for some and they said it wouldnt "program" sooo im nit too sure what really went on, but. Im going to try and do the forscan. This odometer had 0 miles on it though . So it seems weird that it has 0 miles on it to me. Ill happily ride around with wrong odometer for while its on and i can seap my original odometer when and if i ever sell . Will i run into problems? Will this effect my exisiting tune?
Your car will not show the correct mileage and have to be sold as "true mileage unknown".

I'm not one of those people who cares what you do. Just an FYI.
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Drives fine for me, error codes are for gauge cluster comes on at start up. Press OK on the steering wheel 3 times and all codes are gone except code hidden in the bottom right corner in the center, everything works fine though. Haven't reprogrammed it yet.

Chrisv_s550

chrisv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 s550
Drives fine for me, error codes are for gauge cluster comes on at start up. Press OK on the steering wheel 3 times and all codes are gone except code hidden in the bottom right corner in the center, everything works fine though. Haven't reprogrammed it yet.
I believe im going to send the cluster in to odo-pro.com and have them program my correct mileage and ill just install it ,dismiss the code until I can get someone with forscan to help me out . thanks for the tips and help fellas :cheers:

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
For those who have done this swap, have you noticed your MPG calculation being off? For example, I have a V6 but bought a cluster from a V8, so I wonder if my MPG will be off. I imagine there's ABD info that can be changed. I still need to figure out the ABD for 18" rims.

Did you guys ever get your side sensor error fixed? If so, what was the ABD? I have about 600 miles to go until my cluster matches this GT cluster.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
Did I'm really interested in this mod but I would like to know first of all if that ligh or odo problem got solved.

Sponsored

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Saw you post on FB!! I cant wait for the 'How To'!! I'd like the custom colors. The Line Lock would rock too. Waiting patiently. :)

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
It's a direct plug and play, things that need to be fixed or corrected are turning blis off, turning adaptive cruise off, turning collision warning off, turning compass back on in the top right corner if you want it, reprogramming your vin into it (maybe not sure if it's really needed), reprogramming you mileage into it. You can get a quote from a dealer to reprogram your insturment cluster that you got, or use Forscan and play around with it too see if you can turn the settings off but still have to send it in for the mileage to be corrected or wait until your car matches the mileage on the cluster and so the swap.

Yaculloan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic PP
Thread revival.... wonder if the 2018 gauge cluster is different on the base car. I thought they changed the PCM, wondering if it's easier to enable mycolor.

jackieboy8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible V6
If someone has a MyColor cluster he bought of the internet, a guy in my street does mileage correction for our mustangs. He did mine in a hour for €89. If someone in Europe needs it done just PM me, I'll help you out.

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Wil a premium MyColor Cluster from a 16 or 17 work in an 18. Very interested in this mod!

Sponsored

eddison

I was able to get MyColor working on my 101A base 18 Mustang by installing the 18 digital cluster and new BCM-B. I now have full interior ambient lighting including door sills. My 101A was prewired for everything, I just had to plug in and program the new BCM-B and install the ambient lights.

fiveliter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost, 2003 Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to get MyColor working on my 101A base 18 Mustang by installing the 18 digital cluster and new BCM-B. I now have full interior ambient lighting including door sills. My 101A was prewired for everything, I just had to plug in and program the new BCM-B and install the ambient lights.
Where did you find the wiring for the sills? My ecoboost is a 100A. I pulled up the sills and did not find anywhere to plug in lighted sills.

eddison

Where did you find the wiring for the sills? My ecoboost is a 100A. I pulled up the sills and did not find anywhere to plug in lighted sills.
When you pull up the sills, the connector should be right near the middle attached to the plastic moulding.

fiveliter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When you pull up the sills, the connector should be right near the middle attached to the plastic moulding.
No luck finding any connectors. I'm assuming that the 100A's were not wired for ambient Mycolor.

fiveliter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On a side note, I installed my premium gauge cluster with Mycolor. Everything works great, except that I'm getting a "Check park aid" message at startup. Using Forscan, I disabled the parking aid, but I'm still getting the message. Did I miss anything? Any ideas or suggestions?
IMG_5499.jpg
IMG_5500.jpg
Sponsored