Sponsored

Any idea how to get nav BT audio-base radio

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Hi,

Couldn't figure it out through the menus on the audio system.

All I want is the audio from Google Navigation through the sound system, but I only want it when it has something to say (i.e. cuts into the radio, my ipod, cd, etc.)

Any way to do this in a base 'stang? It works really well with my Bluetooth headset, but I thought the audio system in the new car could do this...phone is an HTC one M8 (Android 5.0) if that makes a difference.
Sponsored

onosqv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
QV
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang
You'd have to stream music through your phone.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
I have found that my navigation will play when using the radio and not streaming music but it doesn't happen 100% of the time. It seems if I hook up Bluetooth with the radio power turned off and then once I get moving I turn the radio on the navigation voice will pop up during my route and cut out the radio. No sure the exact sequence of event but I think it's only when I start my navigation with radio off that it will allow the voice to pop up without in streaming music mode.

carsontech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I have found that my navigation will play when using the radio and not streaming music but it doesn't happen 100% of the time. It seems if I hook up Bluetooth with the radio power turned off and then once I get moving I turn the radio on the navigation voice will pop up during my route and cut out the radio. No sure the exact sequence of event but I think it's only when I start my navigation with radio off that it will allow the voice to pop up without in streaming music mode.
This is with the nonMFT base stereo?

Now I'm going to have to play around some more.

Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
This is with the nonMFT base stereo?

Now I'm going to have to play around some more.

Yep small screen base radio....it's hit or miss it seem but it does work I can guarantee that

I am using an iPhone 6 I don't know if that matters. When the radio is on and the voice cuts in it shows on the screen like its dialing a call and then ends the call so the cut out is kinda long when listening to radio

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Yep small screen base radio....it's hit or miss it seem but it does work I can guarantee that

I am using an iPhone 6 I don't know if that matters. When the radio is on and the voice cuts in it shows on the screen like its dialing a call and then ends the call so the cut out is kinda long when listening to radio
That's an option in the nav application.

Example, in Google Maps, open it and go into settings - Nav settings.

Turn on Play voice over Bluetooth (this will only play navigation prompts if you are streaming music over BT).

Then select to turn on Play as Bluetooth phone call.

This option enables the app to basically act like the nav prompt is a phone call. Works ok but the voice quality isn't as good and it's slow to answer, hang up on its own.

Apple Maps is a bit more difficult.

When you've selected a location and chosen a route, swipe up and you should see an Audio button. It will have a contextual option of which audio output you want to use. Your Radio or the Phone. When selected to use the radio, I believe you will have to have the Sync system set to the BT connection of your phone, not just the regular radio to work. You have to do this each time as it will default to the BT connection vs playing from your phone, etc.

I have yet to find a way to make it 'call' the radio like google maps can.
Sponsored