Sponsored

With '18s on the lot, how low can I get a '17 GT for?

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
My local dealership (California) has a 2017 GT Premium (auto, nav, california spec) for $39,xxx (msrp $44,xxx). Is it a good deal or I should ask for more?
I'd ask for more but apparently CA dealers dont like to deal like the rest of the country.
Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Looked at a 17 Grabber Blue PP Premium GT today. Only had 6663 miles on it, but was all swirled up and had multiple body panel alignment issues that I'm sure they wouldn't fix. They wanted 32k, which seems acceptable for a car that had a 42k sticker when sold.

I got to see an 18 in person and it confirmed that I do not like the front end at all. Also it had panel alignment issues. One very severe inch long overlap between the back bumper cover and fender.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Tell them you'll take 2 for the 23k-24k OTD price and I'll fly in and take 1. That would be a great deal seeing there is at least 1200 in taxes. The best deal I remember seeing on a new GT was about 10k off before tax and fees. But I think that was when it was a true left over on a yellow car. I would buy one for 25k now plus tax and fees if I could find that deal. New England dealers prices are horrible they say they'll match prices until you throw out the Koons name then you never here from them again.

Not sure where you are located but that Yellow car sounds like the one I bought this Spring. It was a triple yellow true leftover 2016. Premium PP with Recaros. Stickered around 42k and I got it for 31900. This was before the 18 came out so I would think you could get a similar deal if not too picky.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I’m going to look at ‘17 and ‘18 GT’s this afternoon. Looking for a base, bare-bones manual. As always for me, I’ll get a on the road, out the door, tax, tags, title, everything price. ‘17’s should be well, well below invoice. ‘18’s gotta be at very most at invoice for me to bite. I’ll report back...

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Friend of mine is working on a '17 Base GT right now after riding in my '17 V6 car. I would hit up Koons in NOVA. Pretty sure he told me they have 20 or so new '17 GT's with manual / base. If I remember correctly he mentioned being close to getting it for a tick over $27K including VA TTL.

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Koons has a few base GTPP for ~$29k. They even have a base GTPP with Recaros for $32.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Test drove the ‘18. Sales guy worked up quote of 39,500 on the road price. Told him I need something closer to invoice, he came back with 36,500. He said he can probably find a ‘17 for 3k less(33,500). Basically ‘18 sales price is 33,355 and ‘17 would be 30,355. Seems kinda high on the ‘17 from what I’m reading here.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I've been actively looking and pricing GTs. My z-plan pricing on a 17 GTPP is $34320.56. Subtract $2500 and I get $31820.56. From what I've seen, Koons likes to charge freight to the customer, on top of the freight on the MSRP, so their WOW price is kind of fake. After talking to a couple dealers, the prices online are after some cruddy financing from Ford, like 5.99% APR, those prices DO NOT qualify for the 0%. Additionally, you cannot get the 0% + $1000 AND the $2500 cash back. Its one of the other. Can't even get them to haggle lower than what z-plan can do.

When talking to these dealers, I throw out competitors pricing and that the 18s are on the lot, and they dont seem to be budging. So....unless I wait until there's nothing I want on the lot, it looks like I'm at around 31.5k for a PP....which I would rather have a premium in grabber blue. But they dont exist around me.

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
With all the commotion the 2018 has caused, what would you say would be a fair price for a left over 17 GT manual (base , base p, or pp)

I am looking to get one for significantly less than sticker/invoice price - what do you think would be a fair price for one at this time? (what about in january?)

the goal for me is to basically get a 'brand new' 17 Gt manual for the least amount possible - the plan is to drive it for a bit, then make it in to a dedicated autocross/track car.:first:

as much as i'd like to wait for 18's to start hitting invoice pricing, If I can get a '17 for dirt cheap right now or in a month or so I would be willing.
I too am in SW Florida.I traded a 3month-old EB for a GT w/PP 7 weeks ago. I got a great deal on the EB from Galloway and found a great deal on the GT from Lorenzo Ford in Homestead. I called Galloway and asked about transferring my extended warranty to the GT and the Finance manager asked if he could find the same car for $500 less,would I buy from them again? Sure. Fast Forward 2 hours,done. They found the GT at a dealer near Sarasota but they backed out so Galloway located another at a dealer north of St. Augustine 3 days later,I'm in the GT. Call Oscar,the Internet manager at Lorenzo. They are a new dealer that does volume business.

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
The moment you drive a 2017 GT off the lot you'll be lucky if it only has a $10K depreciation. Ford dealers are willing to let them go for 2500 off - wow -what a deal.

If you want a 17, walk into a dealership the Friday after thanksgiving or December 28th and demand 10K off msrp on a GT.
:lol:

You will NEVER get that deal, that's a pipe dream!

Most new cars depreciate approximately 1/3 of their value the first 3 years.

Sponsored

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
10k off MSRP isnt that hard especially for a holiday sale and for a model year carry over.

Also more importantly Koons Ford in Falls Chuch VA can get bent lol......

Try get a GT350 at sticker from them

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
Forgot to mention,Ford is offering $1000 incentive for military and Veterans until 11/30. I started a thread in case someone here missed it.

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
I've been actively looking and pricing GTs. My z-plan pricing on a 17 GTPP is $34320.56. Subtract $2500 and I get $31820.56. From what I've seen, Koons likes to charge freight to the customer, on top of the freight on the MSRP, so their WOW price is kind of fake. After talking to a couple dealers, the prices online are after some cruddy financing from Ford, like 5.99% APR, those prices DO NOT qualify for the 0%. Additionally, you cannot get the 0% + $1000 AND the $2500 cash back. Its one of the other. Can't even get them to haggle lower than what z-plan can do.

When talking to these dealers, I throw out competitors pricing and that the 18s are on the lot, and they dont seem to be budging. So....unless I wait until there's nothing I want on the lot, it looks like I'm at around 31.5k for a PP....which I would rather have a premium in grabber blue. But they dont exist around me.
I've been looking for a 400a, PP GT in Ruby Red and am running into the same thing with trying to haggle. Nobody seems to be budging on these internet prices, I can't understand how they think they're going to move all these '17s with the 18's on the lot now. Seems like every big dealer is setting on 25+ '17s atm and they still don't want to deal, its crazy.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
The thing to watch out for on "best prices" when looking at internet published prices is that the dealer is applying EVERY available rebate / incentive, even if most people aren't eligible for it. It's not just Ford either.

Personally, I'd use Cars.com -or AutoTempest (searches CL, Cars.com, Autotrader, Ebay etc) and narrow down the cars you are interested in. Then look up the dealership, and find the name / number / email of their internet sales manager or general sales manager. Contact them and let them know you are ready to buy now, you just want the price OTD with TTL included.

Get it in writing / email and then use that to find a closer dealership and see if they'll match.

I advise creating / using an email account you don't use everyday. They will continue to contact you LONG after you have moved on.

There are volume dealers out there that make $ via selling LOTS of cars. And then there are smaller dealerships that make their $ by word of mouth and repeat customers.

It will make it harder of course if you are dead set on a certain color and option combo - being it's a '17 - there are only so many available.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking for a 400a, PP GT in Ruby Red and am running into the same thing with trying to haggle. Nobody seems to be budging on these internet prices, I can't understand how they think they're going to move all these '17s with the 18's on the lot now. Seems like every big dealer is setting on 25+ '17s atm and they still don't want to deal, its crazy.
Maybe this will help

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searc...-lowest&stkTypId=28880&yrId=30031936&zc=40502
Sponsored