Sponsored

Any 2018 PP Lv2's on order?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Just wondering if anyone ordered and has delivery ETA's I'm thinking of ordering end of the month. After Christmas at the latest. I don't see it listed on the site so I assume you will need an order code for it?
Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Job #2 starts Dec 4th if I remember correctly, and PP2 will start then, and I'm pretty sure it will be scheduled no earlier than Dec 18th since a lot of early retail orders are being scheduled for that week.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Job #2 starts Dec 4th if I remember correctly, and PP2 will start then, and I'm pretty sure it will be scheduled no earlier than Dec 18th since a lot of early retail orders are being scheduled for that week.
Awesome I guess i'll wait to see what the ETA for delivery is then around that time. Maybe I'll just wait till Jan and order it for my birthday.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
It is pretty doubtful that the PP2 cars will be at dealerships before the second week of January. Just my prediction based on current dates we are seeing. My conservative guess is that you should plan end of Dec start of production and late Jan/early Feb delivery.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
It is pretty doubtful that the PP2 cars will be at dealerships before the second week of January. Just my prediction based on current dates we are seeing. My conservative guess is that you should plan end of Dec start of production and late Jan/early Feb delivery.
Works for me. I was just hoping to get a few people's feed back before I dropped any cash on one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Around here Feb/March is the snow time, so I'm hoping that what i order either gets delivered at the end of then or I'll just go out and get some cheap wheels with all seasons put on to have ready for when it arrives.

Val2606

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16’’Shelby GT350
I heard the PP2 package won't be available before next spring...

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I would wait to put the order in till after they come back after closing for the holidays. They will more than likely start to build the second week of January. Mines build week is December 18th. I'm hoping they get it done and on a truck/train before they close! :)

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I placed an order with a local dealership today. Sales rep said 6-8 weeks but I don't see that happening.

One thing to worry about is the MSC2'S in ice cold Michigan weather, I don't know if they can be damaged by below freezing temps.
I am curious about this too. Not too worried about the tires since I will be swapping them right away, but from delivery ETA...Ford doesn't build any 350Rs between November and February because of the tires, no? I thought that's also the reason some of the PP2 articles stated that deliveries will start in the spring.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
I can about guarantee we won't see any PP2 cars until spring. Flat Rock even stopped producing GT350R's during the winter months due to the Sport Cup 2's. They will indeed harden up and crack in the freezing winter temps.

EDIT:

This is a quote from the PP2 press release found here on the Ford Performance website....
http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2017/10/mustang-gt-performance-pack-2.html

"The result of their covert efforts is available to order now and will reach North American showrooms this spring when pony car enthusiasts can get the new 2018 Ford Mustang GT with Performance Pack Level 2, a collection of drive-enhancing components designed for – and by – people who love the thrill of taking the wheel of a true performance car."

Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
As of today, my dealer has no updates. No DORA or VIN yet.

GT6555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2, Lightning Blue
ordered mine today. estimated delivery in march/april.

GT6555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2, Lightning Blue
Ordered mine last week of January. Still no estimated build or delivery date. I put my order info in COTUS and it returns someone else's old 2017 order of an F-150.

Scolo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2, Oxford white, 401a, active exhaust
Ordered a pp2 on 12/16 and on Monday was informed of a 3/19 build date, no VIN yet
Sponsored