Sponsored

Advice for a GM guy on getting the best deal

Camaro2Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro
Hello,

I've been a GM guy until now. Currently, I drive a 2013 Camaro with a V6 and an automatic transmission. I'm looking to trade it in for a new barebones 2017 Mustang GT with an automatic transmission.

I took a test drive of a new 2017 Mustang GT with an auto. What an amazing car. I kept the revs low but, dang, that thing has so much power. Also, the styling of the car is beautiful compared to the Gen 6 Camaro, in my opinion.

Can you guys and gals give me some advice for how to get the best deal? I do know about X Plan for Mustang Club of America members. I am not yet a member of MCA, though.

I live in the Detroit area. What do you feel is the lowest out the door price I can pay for a new 2017 Mustang GT with an auto? The MSRP is like 35K. I have read that some folks on this site are getting like 10K off MSRP for a 2017 Mustang. Is it really possible for me to get 10K off a new 2017 Mustang GT with an auto? Do you think that I have more leverage because I have a clean low-miles Gen 5 Camaro to trade in?

Thank you for any advice and insight that you can provide. And please don't call me a ***** for being a GM guy for my whole life until now. :ford:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Camaro2Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro
Thank you for your excellent advice, mvfjet.

I went to the Ford Partner website and entered the code that you have given. According to the Ford Partner website, the net X-Pan price for a 2017 Mustang GT Fastback with a manual transmission is 29K after taking off $2500, which is the current rebate for my zipcode.

You got a great deal on your 2018.