Sponsored

Turns out that dealership s**ewed me over!

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I called Ford directly and they can't find my order in their system. The only thing showing is that stupid truck! So I'm going to cancel that order and go with another dealership. I'm sick of getting pushed over so I took charge and did what had to be done. My dad already said he'd go to both dealers with me to make sure I don't get pushed over again. I'm done!!

Do not recommend George Coleman Ford in Travelers Rest,SC.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Now that they're taking retail orders make sure your new order is retail with priority code 10 since that's the lowest and will take priority over dealer stock. You and I are in the same boat but I really didn't get screwed over I just had to have GTPP2 lol.
Well, the dealer says its in their system. But Ford doesn't see it. I just don't trust them. They'll end up keeping my grand.

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They cannot keep your deposit on a vehicle that doesn't even have a VIN yet much less delivered to the dealer!
They kept trying to tell me it is in the system. But Ford can't see it so how can Ford build a car they can't see.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
They kept trying to tell me it is in the system. But Ford can't see it so how can Ford build a car they can't see.
Did you ever get an actual copy of your DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement)? Tell them what you've been told and tell them if they can't provide a DORA to prove that there was an order you're cancelling and you want your deposit back.

A DORA should look like this.

This image is from a Focus forum. This page summarizes some good information that could probably be incorporated into the order thread here. This is all in the forums somewhere but I don't think it's all in the sticky posts.

http://www.focusrs.org/forum/11-foc...-ordering-process-explained-start-finish.html

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever get an actual copy of your DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement)? Tell them what you've been told and tell them if they can't provide a DORA to prove that there was an order you're cancelling and you want your deposit back.

A DORA should look like this.

This image is from a Focus forum. This page summarizes some good information that could probably be incorporated into the order thread here. This is all in the forums somewhere but I don't think it's all in the sticky posts.

http://www.focusrs.org/forum/11-foc...-ordering-process-explained-start-finish.html
I do not. I already cancelled the order. But they said it'll still come in. Since they've ordered it supoosedly. I'm just confused as to how Ford can build a car they can't see. The only car they see under that order number is a truck. No mustang!

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I do not. I already cancelled the order. But they said it'll still come in. Since they've ordered it supoosedly. I'm just confused as to how Ford can build a car they can't see. The only car they see under that order number is a truck. No mustang!
Obviously they can't. They've screwed up somewhere, either placing the order or providing you with a bad order number.

Tell them to provide a DORA to prove that they placed your order. If they can't do that then they have no justification for keeping your deposit, it was provide under the condition that they place an order.

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Obviously they can't. They've screwed up somewhere, either placing the order or providing you with a bad order number.

Tell them to provide a DORA to prove that they placed your order. If they can't do that then they have no justification for keeping your deposit, it was provide under the condition that they place an order.
The thing is how on Earth can Ford build a car they can't see! It's not in their system! The only car under that order number is the truck. My car is nowhere in their system! But I've come to the conclusion that I already lost the money. I'm not ever going back there!!

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Are you still in the Military? If so it would seem that you have some pretty good leverage using Military judicial and/or "help" types of resources to make sure you get your deposit back.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
The thing is how on Earth can Ford build a car they can't see! It's not in their system! The only car under that order number is the truck. My car is nowhere in their system! But I've come to the conclusion that I already lost the money. I'm not ever going back there!!
I can't say that I blame you since they should be able to provide you with proof of the order. But if they can't, there's no reason to walk away from your deposit. You'll essentially be rewarding them for bad service.

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can't say that I blame you since they should be able to provide you with proof of the order. But if they can't, there's no reason to walk away from your deposit. You'll essentially be rewarding them for bad service.
My parents and I decided its not worth it sadly. So they'll make $1000 on the deal and they'll have a car on their lot (if it ever comes in). All they basically told me that it is in the system. And they don't know why Ford can't see it. Why would Ford lie. If they could see my order they would have told me. But the guy said there is only one car under that order number and it's in transit for delivery (which is the truck).
I'm done with that dealer though. Hopefully, my new dealer will treat me better than they did. I basically had to twist their hands to get an update.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Did you pay cash for your deposit or use a CC? If you used a CC do a charge back.

I would not sit back and do nothing, get your deposit back.

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you pay cash for your deposit or use a CC? If you used a CC do a charge back.

I would not sit back and do nothing, get your deposit back.
I payed with a check and I don't remember the number of the check. Which sucks.

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you still in the Military? If so it would seem that you have some pretty good leverage using Military judicial and/or "help" types of resources to make sure you get your deposit back.
I've never been in the military....

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I payed with a check and I don't remember the number of the check. Which sucks.
You should be able to figure out the check number from bank statements (paper or online). If they are holding the check it will be the check number which is missing.
Sponsored