Corsa Xtreme and MA Cops?

Steelhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erek
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT Coupe
As I mentioned before starting this fall inspections will be video taped to ensure the station is doing the entire inspection.
I'll second this.

Some stations are already live with this...out here in Western MA, at least. RMV wants the whole state live by October. They will be required to have a minimum of five stationary video cameras in the inspection bay along with a handheld video camera to walk around the vehicle during the inspection.

Supposedly this is in response to a stark increase in vehicles on the road with violations that the RMV say existed before, during and after the inspection. They are trying to crack down on the inspection stations.
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I'll second this.

Some stations are already live with this...out here in Western MA, at least. RMV wants the whole state live by October. They will be required to have a minimum of five stationary video cameras in the inspection bay along with a handheld video camera to walk around the vehicle during the inspection.

Supposedly this is in response to a stark increase in vehicles on the road with violations that the RMV say existed before, during and after the inspection. They are trying to crack down on the inspection stations.
This doesn't really make sense, although it isn't surprising in a state like this. Where are they going to store the video? Who will review it? How will those reviewing it know what the hell they're even looking at? Sounds like an excuse to waste even more taxpayer money on stuff we don't need.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
On a side note, I'm not sure if anyone follows StreetSpeed717 on YouTube but he said that the EPA in Pennsylvania shut down the Kooks tent at Corvettes at Carlisle for attempting to/having installed catless headers on vehicles. The jig could be up not too soon from now. :shrug:

Steelhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erek
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT Coupe
This doesn't really make sense, although it isn't surprising in a state like this. Where are they going to store the video? Who will review it? How will those reviewing it know what the hell they're even looking at? Sounds like an excuse to waste even more taxpayer money on stuff we don't need.
Trying to understand why this state does what it does is like asking a rock a question and expecting an answer.

Think of the inspection dyno days....OBDII tech was out there and was a hell of a lot cheaper, but someone at the RMV had stock in the dyno manufacturing company I'm sure.
Sponsored