Sponsored

Corsa Xtreme and MA Cops?

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Any of you guys with the Corsa Xtreme cat-back have issues with cops or yearly inspection in Mass?

I will be picking up a 17 GT next week and I'm thinking about possible exhaust setups :D

Thanks
Sponsored

HectorC978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue GT PP
Any of you guys with the Corsa Xtreme cat-back have issues with cops or yearly inspection in Mass?

I will be picking up a 17 GT next week and I'm thinking about possible exhaust setups :D

Thanks
I got pulled over once by a cop in Andover, he was just warning me that they pay attention to noise levels in Andover. I was cruising considering i live 2 minutes from where he pulled me over. Other than that i have not had any issues with the corsa extreme catback.

I would say from my end that if thats what you are considering, go for it!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ypena02

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I got pulled over once by a cop in Andover, he was just warning me that they pay attention to noise levels in Andover. I was cruising considering i live 2 minutes from where he pulled me over. Other than that i have not had any issues with the corsa extreme catback.

I would say from my end that if thats what you are considering, go for it!!! :thumbsup:
Yea, Andover cops are no fun. How about inspection? Any isses there?

Thanks for the info!

HectorC978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue GT PP
Yea, Andover cops are no fun. How about inspection? Any isses there?

Thanks for the info!
Nope, no issues there. But maybe more guys can drop there two cents in because I go get my inspections done at a friend of a friends place becuse of my tints. But you shouldnt have an issue with yearly inspections.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I've had no problems with inspections or police the 2 yrs I've had the Xtremes on. Now that I have Kooks LT's ,fingers crossed :D It's been about 2 months and haven't had any problems, my next inspection is next month. :ninja:

Sponsored

OP
OP
ypena02

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I've had no problems with inspections or police the 2 yrs I've had the Xtremes on. Now that I have Kooks LT's ,fingers crossed :D It's been about 2 months and haven't had any problems, my next inspection is next month. :ninja:
Awesome to hear! It seems like cops are generally more attracted to loud/slammed imports.

By the way, who installed your LT's? Did your butt dyno notice any power gains? :D

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I live on the south shore and I have never seen or heard if anyone getting hassled by the cops over their exhaust even the bikers with their big bore v twins with straight pipes.

Inspections will be changing in Mass this fall. All the inspection stations are being required to upgrade their equipment to include cameras to record the inspection to ensure its done properly. I have never had an inspection where the measured sound volume but it is part of the inspection so don't be surprised if it is check with the new system.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Awesome to hear! It seems like cops are generally more attracted to loud/slammed imports.

By the way, who installed your LT's? Did your butt dyno notice any power gains? :D
Forum member Jmeo installed them for me. My butt noticed it a little bit, but the ears noticed it more. :clap2:

I live on the south shore and I have never seen or heard if anyone getting hassled by the cops over their exhaust even the bikers with their big bore v twins with straight pipes.

Inspections will be changing in Mass this fall. All the inspection stations are being required to upgrade their equipment to include cameras to record the inspection to ensure its done properly. I have never had an inspection where the measured sound volume but it is part of the inspection so don't be surprised if it is check with the new system.
Yeah, I heard about this just after I installed the headers. It would really suck if I can't pass for sound. :paddle: I'll find out in a few weeks. I just don't understand why Harleys can get away with it. :shrug:

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Inspections?
MA has "safety inspections". We don't get smogged like CA does unless you have a CEL on, but they check for lights, brakes, tires, rust (especially on the frame) and a bunch of other stuff including how loud the exhaust is. Most people around here fail for frames and body too rusty from the salted roads in the winter. Lots of trucks for sale dirt cheap with bad frames haha.

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
MA has "safety inspections". We don't get smogged like CA does unless you have a CEL on, but they check for lights, brakes, tires, rust (especially on the frame) and a bunch of other stuff including how loud the exhaust is. Most people around here fail for frames and body too rusty from the salted roads in the winter. Lots of trucks for sale dirt cheap with bad frames haha.
If your car is 15 years or older you are exempt from emissions in MA otherwise you have to pass both safety and emissions to get your inspection sticker. They don't put a sniffer up the tailpipe any more but I don't think any states do. They plug into the OBD port and look for codes and make sure all the status monitors are set.

As I mentioned before starting this fall inspections will be video taped to ensure the station is doing the entire inspection.

I think the biggest fall out will be a lot of the smaller stations will drop doing inspections. They only get $10 out of the $35 you pay making it a loosing service any way. Video taping will make it even a bigger looser.

OP
OP
ypena02

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Does he own a shop?
No, he has a lift in his garage. And just in case you ask, he told me that mine was the last set he was doing. My car was about the sixth time he's done them and its just too much of a PITA. But he is a hellavu guy and has helped me out tremendously, along with member Terminated.

OP
OP
ypena02

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
No, he has a lift in his garage. And just in case you ask, he told me that mine was the last set he was doing. My car was about the sixth time he's done them and its just too much of a PITA. But he is a hellavu guy and has helped me out tremendously, along with member Terminated.
Got it :thumbsup: Where in Mass are you located by the way?

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Marlborough.
Sponsored