Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT modes and their functions

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Just picked up my 18 gtpp with the A10 and magneride. Couldn't really get too much detailed info on how the suspension, transmission and throttle response change with the different modes (Normal, Sport, Sport+, Race, Drag, Snow/wet). I'm most interested in finding the mode that will allow the fastest/most aggressive shift strategy or if several modes share some of the same settings. Guesses or opinions welcome
Sponsored

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Just picked up my 18 gtpp with the A10 and magneride. Couldn't really get too much detailed info on how the suspension, transmission and throttle response change with the different modes (Normal, Sport, Sport+, Race, Drag, Snow/wet). I'm most interested in finding the mode that will allow the fastest/most aggressive shift strategy or if several modes share some of the same settings. Guesses or opinions welcome
Uhhh... you tell us, your the one with the car!
Congrats on the purchase!

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Uhhh... you tell us, your the one with the car!
Congrats on the purchase!
If I had to guess

Normal, throttle soft, suspension softest, shifting focused on mpg/skips gears soft shifts

Sport, better throttle response, suspension slightly stiffer, shifting does not skip, shifts at higher rpm and with more purpose

I cant tell the difference between sport and sport plus

Race, sharpest throttle response, traction control disabled, firmest suspension, very aggressive shifting

Drag, this one is tricky. I know ive heard the magneride will work to provide the best travel for a launch and the shifts seem the most aggressive in this mode

snow/wet, haven't used it

moving the gear level to S will disable normal mode and default the car to sport mode. in addition the transmission will automatically downshift as you come to a stop or decelerate. enabling manual shifting via the paddles in this mode will prevent the transmission from shifting automatically at redline. If you engage manual shifting in regular drive mode the car will revert to automatic mode if the paddles are left alone for a short time.

To disable manual shifting in any mode just hold the up paddle for about 2 seconds. A gear indicator will be visible when in manual shifting mode although I wish there was an option to view one at all times (I guess that's what the 401a package is for):shrug:

Last edited:

MustangAddict

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 Platinum
Drag mode should give you the most aggressive/fastest shifting strategy.
Sponsored