Sponsored

ET street R bias ply vs Hoosier

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I did what you told me to do lol! This was me tonight. 6K rpm dump with 12psi in them. *Bonus footage of @Evil 5.0 doing a burnout at the end :thumbsup:

Looks like fun! Do you have a pic of your slip? Why such a short burn out? My hoosier's I light up for about 4 seconds, that's about when I can feel them start to push me through the brake. I'm hoping to get down to the track in a week or 2 depending on weather. I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of 60ft I can get on my new suspension set-up. Stock suspension I pulled a 1.68 60ft so if I don't at least top that I'll be very disappointed. I try not to get my expectations up too high because I know it can take some time to get a new set-up figured out.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
The video was started late but I do a burnout until I smell smoke typically. Here is a slip(s) from that night. 1st is my best 60ft. The 2nd is my slip from the run on the video. I'm sure I could pick up a little top end speed if I would air the tires up a bit. But the car is consistent:shrug:
slip.PNG
slip2.PNG

OP
OP
armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I'm liking the results on these so far. I'll hopefully be hitting the track again Wednesday with the hoosiers and I'll decide from there. If I can cut a 1.50 60ft, I'll probably stick with them unless it's race that requires "street" tires.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My results from yesterday.
Test and tune day only, about ten cars in attendance.
Started at 16psi, reducing to 14psi.
Having never used anything similar to a drag tyre, I had no idea what to expect.
M6 3.55s
Upped the revs with each launch, gave up at 5k side step, still no spin.
Totally stock drivetrain, kinda waiting for something to give up.
IMG_0475.JPG

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I'm liking the results on these so far. I'll hopefully be hitting the track again Wednesday with the hoosiers and I'll decide from there. If I can cut a 1.50 60ft, I'll probably stick with them unless it's race that requires "street" tires.
The blueprint is already out there. Anyone with any skill at all should be able to reproduce the 1.5 results.:thumbsup:

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
[MENTION=15685]bluebeastsrt[/MENTION], I could use your input. I have used your suggestions for tire pressure on my MT ET Street Rs (275/40-17). I'm running them at 15-16 psi. I foot brake until the suspension squats, which is about 1500, then hammer it on the 3rd amber and sometimes it will either bog slightly then go or hook and go. This only produces 1.90s 60 ft times. I have run the RPM up until the the stock TC locks and it wants to push me through the lights and this produces a bog and then go. If I run about 1000 RPMs and then hammer it, it seems to hit lockup harder and I blow the tires off. Keep in mind, I only have a Flex Fuel tune and a PMAS for performance mods. I have BMR Cradle Lockout and differential bushings. I don't wheel hop. Maybe I'm not getting enough of a burnout, usually about 3-5 secs until I detect tire smoke and feel the tires grabbing. Drop some knowledge on me. I know I should get better 60 ft times. Pisses me off that I can't get below 1.90.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
dont be afraid to drop the tire pressure more as it gets cold out. I'll go as low as 14. But more importantly. What RPM are you launching at. Describe the launch if you don't mind. You can PM the info if you like.

VAGunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Picked up a pair of the ET Street R Bias ply's recently. 28x11.5-17's mounted on racestars.

Gave them a handful of good run's at MIR last week and they were dead hooking! Never ran the Hoosier's or any other bias ply/slick type tire for that matter so the only comparison I have is against the MT ET Street S/S's I ran before.

Car is a 2015 Whippled GT M6 with 3.31's. Still on the stock MT82, stock clutch, and stock driveshaft. I do have the DSS 800hp half shafts and full BMR rear suspension. Car put down 680/500 on the dyno. To paranoid about breaking the stock drive-train so I was slipping out the clutch quickly on every launch. I did not try a clutch dump although I am pretty confident the tires would have hooked just fine if I did (will have to wait until I get the Magnum XL in :)).

First launch at around 3,500 slipping the clutch out quickly. Dead hook but bogged a bit. Never launched on a tire this sticky and it was freaking awesome. Scared the shit out of my how hard I got thrown back in the seat and missed 3rd with the adrenaline pumping. Didn't save the slip but think it was a 1.7 60'

Progressivly stepped up the launches and consistently cut 1.5x 60's the rest of the day. My final and best run I launched at just under 5k, slipping the clutch quickly and got my best 1.557 60'. No doubt the tires would have hooked just fine with a harder launch but I am a pansy.

Long story short, I loved these tires!
Neil Tire Wrinkle Launch_2.jpg
Neil 2nd gear tire lift.jpg
Neil 10.73 timeslip_resized.jpg
Neil Timeslips_resized.jpg

VAGunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Oh, and I had the tire pressure at about 18psi on the last run. Dropped it to 16 or 17 psi prior to that and got a little more sway at the top end then I was comfortable with.

Did a 3-5 second burn out until I started seeing smoke then ran it out on every run.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up a pair of the ET Street R Bias ply's recently. 28x11.5-17's mounted on racestars.

Gave them a handful of good run's at MIR last week and they were dead hooking! Never ran the Hoosier's or any other bias ply/slick type tire for that matter so the only comparison I have is against the MT ET Street S/S's I ran before.

Car is a 2015 Whippled GT M6 with 3.31's. Still on the stock MT82, stock clutch, and stock driveshaft. I do have the DSS 800hp half shafts and full BMR rear suspension. Car put down 680/500 on the dyno. To paranoid about breaking the stock drive-train so I was slipping out the clutch quickly on every launch. I did not try a clutch dump although I am pretty confident the tires would have hooked just fine if I did (will have to wait until I get the Magnum XL in :)).

First launch at around 3,500 slipping the clutch out quickly. Dead hook but bogged a bit. Never launched on a tire this sticky and it was freaking awesome. Scared the shit out of my how hard I got thrown back in the seat and missed 3rd with the adrenaline pumping. Didn't save the slip but think it was a 1.7 60'

Progressivly stepped up the launches and consistently cut 1.5x 60's the rest of the day. My final and best run I launched at just under 5k, slipping the clutch quickly and got my best 1.557 60'. No doubt the tires would have hooked just fine with a harder launch but I am a pansy.

Long story short, I loved these tires!

Awesome info and pics! I think I will be dropping the hoosiers and trying out a set of these. It would be nice to have the option of driving to the track with out swapping the tires when I get there. It sounds that overall there is less sway with these verse the hoosiers.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Just for comparison, the same day at mir as vagunny i had hoosier slicks (whippled gt) launching at 3700rpm off two step it spun every pass, but did manage a 1.52. But i was down to 12psi, and was all over the place at the top end.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Any of you guys run a MT ET Street R radial instead of a bias? I have had awesome luck with them and prefer them on the big end and on the street with the lack of any sway. Personally I think the weight of our cars benefits a little from a radial.

xxchieferxx

lol@ mpg
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
9688D0F0-47F6-4AFB-8F2C-634B31BCBE9A.jpg

15 premium ppgt
Sw lt 1 7/8
Corsa cb
Pmas intake
Lund 93 tune

Bmr-
Toe rods
Vert links
Cb005
Bk005
Gforce halfshafts
Bmr front springs and eibach pro rears

Viking crusader 5c 9r

Mgw xspec
McLeod clutch
Whiteline tranny bushing insert
Weld rts-71 on mt et street r bias
MandH bias front tires 28/4.5/18
First time tracking the car and first time on bias ply.
I was leaving between 5000-5500. Tires at 14psi. I noticed that my mph is lower than most at 90 vs 92 that I see the most. Was going to change the rear springs back to the bmr springs and change the Vikings settings to a little more aggressive. Opinions on my times and any advice please.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
9688D0F0-47F6-4AFB-8F2C-634B31BCBE9A.jpg

15 premium ppgt
Sw lt 1 7/8
Corsa cb
Pmas intake
Lund 93 tune

Bmr-
Toe rods
Vert links
Cb005
Bk005
Gforce halfshafts
Bmr front springs and eibach pro rears

Viking crusader 5c 9r

Mgw xspec
McLeod clutch
Whiteline tranny bushing insert
Weld rts-71 on mt et street r bias
MandH bias front tires 28/4.5/18
First time tracking the car and first time on bias ply.
I was leaving between 5000-5500. Tires at 14psi. I noticed that my mph is lower than most at 90 vs 92 that I see the most. Was going to change the rear springs back to the bmr springs and change the Vikings settings to a little more aggressive. Opinions on my times and any advice please.
You should be able to drop that sixty. Were you spinning or bogging? If spinning you need more heat in the tires if you were at 14 psi, unless that was 14 psi cold. If bogging let her rip at 6k! It is normal to drop a little mph on a bias vs radial. When you get it figured out don't worry your next time at the track that recipe won't work.:headbonk: I very seldom get my best pass on my first run and I always start at what worked best last time.
Sponsored