roll racing

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Shit like that is just an excuse. Don't play if you're afraid to pay.

If you're such a big boy, why are you afraid to break a part or two? That's part of the sport.
I don't know about you but I do pay to play sir. I've got a twin turbo system that I designed that cost me big money. I've spent over a year testing, tuning, and spending countless hours on the car. I've been racing since I was old enough to drive. I understand that things break, believe me. If I can minimize the damage that is caused by insane launches from a dig, I'm going to do that. When you start to make big power, you will understand. And if you have already arrived, then that's your choice. Just sayin..
Sponsored

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic
So what you're saying is you won't ever race from a dig anymore? That's what I'm getting. There is plenty of guys making big power with insane 60's that drag race. A properly tuned suspension setup, and a great choice of tire will minimize the risk. I don't see the reason to resort to only roll racing.

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So what you're saying is you won't ever race from a dig anymore? That's what I'm getting. There is plenty of guys making big power with insane 60's that drag race. A properly tuned suspension setup, and a great choice of tire will minimize the risk. I don't see the reason to resort to only roll racing.
No I'm not saying that. I just prefer the 1/2 mile over the 1/4 mile more often than drag racing. Pick your poison. Lol

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I think it's fair to say that all types of racing require skill to win. Some racing is undoubtedly more challenging than other types. Saying it takes no skill I believe is far fetched. Most men that say crazy shit like that are a bit nieve. At the end of the day it's all in good fun.
Please explain what skill would be needed in my 2015 GT.? I line up with a 2015 Corvette. Also automatic transmission. I can promise you. I'll lose! Now matter what skill is presumed to be involved. He has more power in a lighter car with better tires. In a drag race he'll have to match my reaction time and my sixty foot to win. In a road race of course skill can change the outcome of the race. But roll racing? I'm not seeing any skill involved.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
Please explain what skill would be needed in my 2015 GT.? I line up with a 2015 Corvette. Also automatic transmission. I can promise you. I'll lose! Now matter what skill is presumed to be involved. He has more power in a lighter car with better tires. In a drag race he'll have to match my reaction time and my sixty foot to win. In a road race of course skill can change the outcome of the race. But roll racing? I'm not seeing any skill involved.
Personally I don't think its about competing like drag racing. I mean sure you walk away with bragging rights "hey I'm faster than you lololol" but its more about going out and enjoying your cars, plus these events always draw more exotics and high end cars than a drag strip does. also, the fact that there isn't many variables is a positive for many people because they strictly want to see what the car can do. another point, you can hit much much much higher speeds obviously, some people are after that instead of doing it on a public roadway

Sponsored

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Well I row the gears against auto cars. Driving a stick requires some skill. If racing was just the gas pedal if agree with you. It isn't. But hey man I might be crazy, but going 180+mph is fun no matter where you do it.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
Well I row the gears against auto cars. Driving a stick requires some skill. If racing was just the gas pedal if agree with you. It isn't. But hey man I might be crazy, but going 180+mph is fun no matter where you do it.
exactly. I can hit 1/4 mile speeds easy on a highway on ramp. now 170+ Im going straight to jail/killing a family.

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
exactly. I can hit 1/4 mile speeds easy on a highway on ramp. now 170+ Im going straight to jail/killing a family.
Yeah don't go killing anyone on the road. That's not cool.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Personally I don't think its about competing like drag racing. I mean sure you walk away with bragging rights "hey I'm faster than you lololol" but its more about going out and enjoying your cars, plus these events always draw more exotics and high end cars than a drag strip does. also, the fact that there isn't many variables is a positive for many people because they strictly want to see what the car can do. another point, you can hit much much much higher speeds obviously, some people are after that instead of doing it on a public roadway
Anything that gets people off of a public road and into a controlled environment can't be a bad thing.:cheers:

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
When camparing cars, trap speed. When camparing drivers, et. I love cars and power, trap tells me all I need to know.

Sponsored

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Not interested. I'd rather find out who's the better driver than who spent the most.
Complains about Camaro owners coming into a Mustang forum and giving their opinions about Mustangs being inferior. Sees nothing wrong with going into stock vs stock comparison threads and roll racing threads and doing the same thing.

:frusty:

To the OP, I wish they had events like this around here. I don't mind drag racing, but I want to take my car over 115 mph, so that's either a roll racing event or a 1/2 mile event. Sadly neither are around here. I'll have to travel one day and do this though, looks hella fun!

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
but I want to take my car over 115 mph,

Add some power.....:shrug:

Besides, I guarantee 90% of the people who 1/2 mile/ roll race don't have the safety equipment to cover their ass when they lose it @ 170. You can "yolo" all you want but I prefer risking an axle over an arm or a leg, especially with people who more than likely can't drive well other than in a straight line. Yes, I said it, most of the roll "racers" I've seen lose their shit when the car gets ugly on the top end.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
People keep talking about half mile events. This wasn't that. This was a slow roll race at a frickin drag strip. There is a hand full of places in the country that hold these 1/2 mile events. What is happening in this video is guys. That tried drag racing. /found out the launch was hard to get right and moved on to something easier. If you want to go faster than 115. This type of slow roll will probably get you up to 120. wooo Nelly.....

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Add some power.....:shrug:

Besides, I guarantee 90% of the people who 1/2 mile/ roll race don't have the safety equipment to cover their ass when they lose it @ 170. You can "yolo" all you want but I prefer risking an axle over an arm or a leg, especially with people who more than likely can't drive well other than in a straight line. Yes, I said it, most of the roll "racers" I've seen lose their shit when the car gets ugly on the top end.
As bluebeastsrt said, and a post which you gave a thumbs up too, the roll races aren't doing close to 170, it's a little faster than a 1/4 mile run. To do 170+ in most any GT requires quite a few mods and a full mile track.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
People keep talking about half mile events. This wasn't that. This was a slow roll race at a frickin drag strip. There is a hand full of places in the country that hold these 1/2 mile events. What is happening in this video is guys. That tried drag racing. /found out the launch was hard to get right and moved on to something easier. If you want to go faster than 115. This type of slow roll will probably get you up to 120. wooo Nelly.....
How do you know those drivers are bad at drag racing?

120 > 115, every little bit helps. Also I'm up for trying new things. Maybe I'll hate it, or maybe I'll enjoy myself. Only one way to find out. ;)
Sponsored