roll racing

iketh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
anyone else have tracks holding events like this? this one is extremely popular, literally over 100 cars lined up to race and most are high-powered and/or nice cars (my gt is among the slowest each event)

[ame]

[ame]
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Not interested. I'd rather find out who's the better driver than who spent the most.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
Not interested. I'd rather find out who's the better driver than who spent the most.
still a good place to get to open the car up with some of the badass exotics. a lot of those guys have no interest in actually tracking. id imagine a lot of it is test n tune too. too many variables in a road course to measure performance

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
still a good place to get to open the car up with some of the badass exotics. a lot of those guys have no interest in actually tracking. id imagine a lot of it is test n tune too. too many variables in a road course to measure performance
Not interested.:shrug:

OP
OP

iketh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
think most are interested in not abusing their car... launching and 1st to 2nd shifts can be very violent on the drivetrain

Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm for whatever keeps racing at the track instead of the street. Not saying I never street raced before, I have done a ton of it in the past. I have a son now who is driving and I always tell him racing is for the track. I would try roll racing, but not sure how even of a start it is because one car is going to be ahead of the other when they take off to some extent. I like traditional drag racing, but I would give this a try. It's all fun.

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Nothing beats roll racing! 1/2 mile is where the big boys come out to play. 1/4 mile is great for breaking things. People that have nice shit can appreciate the 1/2 mile. So much nicer on the drivetrain. I love drag racing, but this is so much more fun.

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're not interested, the "back" button is at the top left of your screen, move along.

I think this is actually pretty cool, and wish our local track did this. While I enjoy learning to properly launch my car, and compare proper 1/4 mile slips, this looks like a pretty neat way of "racing" with minimal abuse/stress on the car.

Thanks for posting the videos. (I laughed at your shifting a few times haha). really enjoyed the vid against the other coyote

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Back in the 90's when I had my corvette. Everyone knew you could spend $1,000 on a mustang and make it beat a corvette from a 20 mph roll. I had a guy who tried so hard to race me on the street after work all the time in his 93 LX 5.0, but only from a 20 mph roll.

I always told him no. #1, I knew he would win, #2 street racing is dumb.

I said we can go to the drag track and race from a light. He always complained his car couldn't hook up and that wasn't fair. My response was, I guess you need to spend a little more money, like i did, to get a car that goes from 0-120, not 20-120. This used to send him off in a fit of rage every time.

I still laugh when I think about that guy.

Sponsored
OP
OP

iketh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
the unfairness factor is definitely there as you can see in the videos, along with the guys that can't stand losing and blatantly start 5mph quicker, but it's still fun

there's also a top 10 quickest that goes with this event which is nothing but bragging rights for who has the quickest street car in the area... you have to attend each event to maintain (or improve) your spot on the list by challenging others in the top 10

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
the unfairness factor is definitely there as you can see in the videos, along with the guys that can't stand losing and blatantly start 5mph quicker, but it's still fun

there's also a top 10 quickest that goes with this event which is nothing but bragging rights for who has the quickest street car in the area... you have to attend each event to maintain (or improve) your spot on the list by challenging others in the top 10
where was this? I'm in orlando as well

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Where's the racing on this video ? Saw the guy in mustang driving straight and shifting his gears... Am I missing something ?

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I think it's awesome. I am not interested in tracking my daily driver from a launch just due to the ware and tear. But this allows you to open her up and have some fun that is not legally done on the street. Plus watching theses events you see some really cool high dollar builds.
Sponsored