Sponsored

Whipple Gen 3.... please help with the setup..

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
JTb is sold. Ordered a Hellion kit this past Momday lol.
Sidetrack: Need more details on this...I have been idolizing your set up and strip times with your build so very interested to hear on this swap to a hellion kit
Sponsored

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Gen 3 with a 20% crank and 3.75 blower will make 17 - 18 psi I believe, you would be pushing the limits of the stock motor IMO. Maybe stick with a stock dia crank pulley as the 20% is worth about 3 - 4 psi increase.
Thats why I will stick with the OD and go bigger blower pulley, less slip in the long run with more surface on the pulleys.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Slip won't be an issue with the 10 rib.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
General rule of thumb with the WHIPPLE is every .125 inch is worth 1 psi, so going from a 3.750 to a 4.00 will reduce boost by 2 psi. If it were me I'd stay away from the OD balancer if your goal is only 800 RWHP not to mention a 4 inch pulley looks like a mag wheel.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
Thanks for your patience guys... I am going with the 10 rib setup and 20% OD.

I wanted to know about pulleys Vs. Boost.

Can I run a 4" on street and Switch to 3.5 at track with no tune adjustment?

What kind of boost levels can I expect at on different pulleys? I would like around 800hp.

I have full exhaust and OPG's. I plan on having rev limiter set down. Prob no more WOT shifts lol
If you would of went with centri you could of put a wastegate to pick up mid range then added a boost controller. Run the smallest pulley before slip with the lowest spring for your boost desire in the wastegate & adjusted your boost up & as you please just like a turbo set up. Just food for thought for other guys that's leaning between the two set ups. In my opinion it's the best of both worlds, the mid rang of a PD blower with the convenience to be able to adjust your boost without dealing with a pulley swap.

Sponsored

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
Cute but we have most mustang kits in stock and at worst have 1-2 week lead time.

We keep right on up with the centrifugal setups, on pump gas apps we destroy them.
I was talking about the turbo kits on the market BUT......
I waited over 4 weeks for my Whipple for my 5th gen camaro.

& murdered 2 other Whipple GT's (14 & 16 autos) on the street, all 3 cars were on 93 at the time :shrug:

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Please Please put a centri or a turbo on that instead!

Boostworks makes kits for less than the whipples and a JTB Vortech would be killer too!

I love the NA build on your car and still secretly hope it goes 5.2 block with gt350 heads!
Why should he put a centri or a turbo instead?

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's happening at Midnight!!!!

http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/whipple-superchargers.html

whipple, get your whipple!!

First and foremost I would like to thank @beefcake for the Amazing Deal!

The customer service was top notch.

I went with the Whipple Gen 3, Competition Orange, [MENTION=13292]rio16[/MENTION] made that choice easy, looks amazing sir! I also went with a Stage 4 fuel system with the 3 pumps, dual feed and return lines, 1300 injectors and 10 rib pulley system.

Thanks again for all the advice from members here, I'm sure I will be asking more questions in the future.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS

I went with the Whipple Gen 3, Competition Orange, [MENTION=13292]rio16[/MENTION] made that choice easy, looks amazing sir! I also went with a Stage 4 fuel system with the 3 pumps, dual feed and return lines, 1300 injectors and 10 rib pulley system.

Thanks again for all the advice from members here, I'm sure I will be asking more questions in the future.
Badass Evil!!!:headbang:

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

:)

Charles@Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11-current 5.0 Mustang

Awesome! You wont be dissapointed!:headbang:

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange

DAAAMMNN congrats. Great kit you ordered. I am still on Stage 2 gen 2 72lb Emissions kit Whipple tune O/R headers kooks on shitty California Pump 91 701/542 rwhp. =)

Im trying to resist corn cant wait to see your build progress brother. Congrats. #compOrangeFTW:cheers:
Sponsored