Sponsored

Whipple Gen3 2.9L Dyno Results

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Oh, he has a Gen 3? Or G2 making 750rw? No way new cal can't make more power either? Everyone has exhausted all avenues?

The G3 makes 30-40RWHP more with no changes and gets even bigger gains at higher blower speed. Just like people didn't think we could make 700RWHP, naysayers will say the same thing here, but the fact is, its being done and will be done more and more now that G3's are shipping. Combine the G3, big intercooler, good weather, big heat exchanger, big IC pump, etc., your gonna have big power.
giphy.gif
Sponsored

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
Yeah no offense were not just talking about the blower or how much more efficient it is to over the previous model it's the fact it's on 93 while making over a certain amount of power. This blower is not more efficient than a well made turbo kit, I don't care what intercooler or ic pumps or HX it has or Jesus was tuning it. Making over 800whp is crazy to me on just 93 sorry! :shrug: I haven't seen any turbo cars making close to that on just 93.
But if I'm wrong I've been wrong before & it's all part of learning :cheers:

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I spent a few months on the fence about the KB and the Whipple kits and have decided to order a 2.8lc Kenne Bell. At the end of the day I wanted to be different and they treated me right with my Terminator setup back in 05. I spent countless hours on the phone with KB and Whipple dealers and neither would say anything bad about each other. I'm not knocking the Gen 3 or any company but there are so many variables when comparing superchargers that it's hard to say if I change x, y will be the result. Congrats on the 800 up with 93 octane.

Last edited:

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Yeah no offense were not just talking about the blower or how much more efficient it is to over the previous model it's the fact it's on 93 while making over a certain amount of power. This blower is not more efficient than a well made turbo kit, I don't care what intercooler or ic pumps or HX it has or Jesus was tuning it. Making over 800whp is crazy to me on just 93 sorry! :shrug: I haven't seen any turbo cars making close to that on just 93.
But if I'm wrong I've been wrong before & it's all part of learning :cheers:
Well the info is on page 1 so now you have seen it. What I'm confused about is that people have seen 750RWHP from a manual under right conditions and 93 octane, I think everyone can agree upon that.

SOOO, what if the SC took 40HP less to turn, had less leakage, thus lower temp, thus lower boost. Now were at 790RWHP, not 800, but we can't make another 20RWHP with injection timing being optimized, maybe better cam timing?:frusty:

Just so you know, here's a graph of a G3 on a stock 2016 manual mustang with only Borla Cat back, on our hopeless 91, 3.75" SCP at 85+ degree ambient. :thumbsup: What happens when you put LT's, 3.50", 93, better conditions than our desert like weather???
Gen3_Manual mustang_before_after.jpg

Sponsored

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
In with the hard to believe on straight 93 crew... Thats a lot of power on pump gas

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Ok so your now your talking about e85 bigger Intercoolers lol,I don't care what setup this ain't about me bashing whipple my buddies whipple is faster then mine but I'm telling u I don't and many other guys don't believe any setup is making over 800 whp on straight 93.Hell Lund had a he'll of a time tuning my d1 on a 4.88 pulley on STRAIGHT 93 because after 6k rpm it started pulling timing and knocking,this was no way near 800 whp and was not false knock because as soon as we added ms109 it went right away.Yes different setups are more efficient but 800 on 93 815 to be exact is hard to believe.Also my buddy making 750 that u compared too was on 93/octanium not straight 93.Maybe u guys have some bad ass 93 their,I don't know.Better yet let me see that car make 30 passes down the track with that same exact tune on that same exact 93!!!

Last edited:

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Hmmm i know one things forsure Vendors have been busted many many times not disclosing FULL list of whats involved. Some use bigger turbos than kits are listed with, some use better gas than claimed, some run nitrous and claim it never happened.....

LOL point is it seems entirely counter productive to make a hail marry dyno or track run and claim nothing to see here folks thats "normal"

Then the consumers try over and over to duplicate it and it almost never happens

So how to we get to the bottom of it?

Wait until the average job blow gets their hands on a kit and see what they produce vs some vendors results.

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Wow that went sideways quickly.

I'm willing to accept vendors word for it until someone proves otherwise. Gotta say it is hella impressive though. So long as that can put up with auto-x and track duty, I think I just found my new power adder.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly I don't understand the disbelief. I have had two S550's in the last two years. The first being a 2015 manual with the G2, Stage 2, 2.9 Whipple with 3.625", headers with cats, 72# injectors, Whipple tune and made 765 rwhp on pure 93 octane. This is pretty common knowledge these cars are making this power with this setup. I now have a 17 automatic setup exactly the same and put down 747. Its not unreasonable the better flowing, more efficient G3 would put the 15 manual car over 800 rwhp and the 17 auto very close. This is not smoke and mirrors or false advertising it is completely legit. Let me make one more statement to prove my point.

I just got done building my buddy's 16 manual. Its a stage 2, Gen 2 2.9, 3.625", 72# injectors, Upgraded HE, headers with cats and a Whipple tune but with cam timing tweaked on pure 93 octane gas, no additives and this is the results. First pull is with completely stock Whipple tune, second is with said tune but cam timing adjusted

I built this car personally and drove it to the dyno personally so I am sure what I am saying is accurate. Why is it so hard to believe the G3 will push it over 800 rwhp? Now, this is under perfect dyno conditions, 60Âş no humidity but still this is what it made. I get it, its dyno numbers not track tested but what Whipple is saying is their G3 car has made over 800 rwhp on a tune with modified cam timing and pure 93 octane ON A DYNO.

Last edited:

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
You know you're doing something right if people in your own community don't believe it lol keep up the good work guys

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Hmmm i know one things forsure Vendors have been busted many many times not disclosing FULL list of whats involved. Some use bigger turbos than kits are listed with, some use better gas than claimed, some run nitrous and claim it never happened.....

LOL point is it seems entirely counter productive to make a hail marry dyno or track run and claim nothing to see here folks thats "normal"

Then the consumers try over and over to duplicate it and it almost never happens

So how to we get to the bottom of it?

Wait until the average job blow gets their hands on a kit and see what they produce vs some vendors results.
Excatly and i know my buddy he is going to have one of these sitting on top of his coyote buy next year lol.So I'm going to wait patiently for him to get it and see him talk Ken Bjornnes into tuning on just 93 up to over 800whp!!!.When that happens I will come on here and apologise to Travis or however is posting this right in this thread.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
Im not doubting the blower & the gains I have said this in every post. I'm not bashing Whipple, I have owned a 5th gen camaro with a Whipple & loved it! I'll just get to the point since it's being over looked. What I'm say is it retarded to make this much power on pure 93 & state this is what it will do guys have at it. If your not a tuner & just put parts on a car because so & so did it ok I can understand your misunderstanding. But it's very misleading as a vender or a company selling a product to post without any disclaimer that 815rwhp is what it will make on 93, even the guy above that is making 750+ is driving a ticking time bomb on 93. If you get into stoich ratio of 93 octane vs E85/Race fuel you will have an understanding why you only see 700, 750, 850+ cars on 93/meth, race fuel or e85. You want to buy a G3 you made a good choice no doubt, if you want to drive a 750+ whp car on 93 & think your good, your idiotic unless you want to have a good reason to tell your wife you need the money for a new short block :cool: then your an undercover genius. :clap2:
Sponsored