Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Don't forget that PP2 for the base GT includes cloth Recaros which is built in the PP2 price. Recaro seats were a $1600 option for the base GT in 17.
Sponsored

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
Don't forget the cloth Recaros that have been a $1600 option in past years, and the upgraded tires for PP2 over PP1.

All told, it is a cheaper package than PP1 with Magnaride...IF you want the Recaros. Otherwise, I find the PP2 less than desirable. And I don't think either wheel is ugly, but such a thing is subjective...like blue is nicer than red or something (which it is, of course).

Besides, for me, gotta have the quicker A10 trans. Ford blew that one making PP2 a manual only option...why make your fastest trim with the slower trans?

Last edited:

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Well, I have the exact package, and it is still about $900 less for the non PP2. I am still wondering if there is more to the details. If there is no real suspension or power improvements, I will take the less attractive wheels and save $900. I am also wondering if this will actually be allowed in Non-premium GTs. The earlier guide made it sound like it would only be a package available for premium.
I really like the wheels. Keep them. I do wish they were 20's, but the PP is 19's only. I still think they are the best looking wheels they have for the stang.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't know why PP2 would only have 9.5" wide wheels. Should be at least 10 and 11 would be better, especially with 3.73 rear gears.

Sponsored

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Comments:

Aluminum Instrument Panel Inserts - too bad they don't throw the CF inserts on this package for free - EDITED

FRT BMP / Platinum Performance - different front bumper ? Maybe air ducts to brakes ?

3.73 / 6 speed manual - I wish Auto was an option, as the car is faster / fastest with it.

Tire repair kit - Obviously due to the larger Brembos, Ford doesn't have any spare tires that fit the front

265/275 tires - glad about the 265 on front, but why no 285 on the rear?! I think 460hp needs 285 tires!

Rear spoiler / Performance Plus - Anyone have spy shots of a different rear spoiler ? I'm thinking its the GT350R spoiler. I can't see them using the GT4 spoiler, and its probably something out of the "recycled" parts bin.

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know why PP2 would only have 9.5" wide wheels. Should be at least 10 and 11 would be better, especially with 3.73 rear gears.
Rears are 10" wide. Fronts are 9.5".

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
am i the only one that wishes we could just get a 5th wheel/full size spare in the trunk. I know its totally unreasonable due to how wide it is but damn.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Wheels on the GT350 are 19's so 19's are enough rim IMO. 265/275 is not bad. Pretty much what a M4 runs. The 1LE runs a bigger setup, I would like to see that for the PP2, but I guess the felt 265 is enough up front. I'm thinking the wing will be the GT350 one.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
As with others, I don't agree with the choice to nix the A10 from the availability with this option. It doesn't make any sense from a consumer stand point. However, I can understand the business model (more of a hardcore track rat)...much like the 1LE for the Camaro, it's a row-your-own affair. Eh...

One glaring weakness is the cars shoes, though. It looks seriously under tired. The SS 1LE has 285's up front and 305's in the rear. If this PP2 wants to compete with that, it already has a massive handicap with its small tires. Doesn't make any sense to me...especially considering you're spending more money for this package and if you are serious about taking it on the track, need to fork over more money for wider wheels/tires. Kind of silly.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
As with others, I don't agree with the choice to nix the A10 from the availability with this option. It doesn't make any sense from a consumer stand point. However, I can understand the business model (more of a hardcore track rat)...much like the 1LE for the Camaro, it's a row-your-own affair. Eh...

One glaring weakness is the cars shoes, though. It looks seriously under tired. The SS 1LE has 285's up front and 305's in the rear. If this PP2 wants to compete with that, it already has a massive handicap with its small tires. Doesn't make any sense to me...especially considering you're spending more money for this package and if you are serious about taking it on the track, need to fork over more money for wider wheels/tires. Kind of silly.
305mm squared on the GT350 GT4 spec car.

Albeit the rubber compound is tracky.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Well, I have the exact package, and it is still about $900 less for the non PP2. I am still wondering if there is more to the details. If there is no real suspension or power improvements, I will take the less attractive wheels and save $900. I am also wondering if this will actually be allowed in Non-premium GTs. The earlier guide made it sound like it would only be a package available for premium.
If this is really what PP2 will be when it's publicly available, I'm glad I didn't wait for it. I like the PP wheels better than the PP2 wheels, and yes, just because it's black. Also, don't really care about the oil pressure gauge thingy, unless they're also a digital LCD screen like the dash.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can't speak for '18 cars but the S550 Recaro seats, to date, are manually operated.