Sponsored

Video review/walkaround of new Mustang from The Mustang Bucket List Tour event

R N M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ, 2013 BMW 535i
I had a chance to attend The Mustang Bucket List Tour event to checkout and test drive the new Mustang.

They had the following cars on display:
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost with Premium Package in Competition Orange, Triple Yellow, Race Red and Ruby Red colors.
2015 Ford Mustang GT with Performance Package in Triple Yellow

Only the EcoBoost are available for a brief test drive.

Please see videos below to see the event and my thoughts. :)

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]scfxUVl4fzA[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]uKilcojqaf4[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
Nice videos, but I didn't hear any impressions on the test drive. Did you get to test drive it?

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I just got back from the Annapolis, MD event. Drove the EB auto one lap around the mall. Hard to tell much from the brief ride but...4 cylinder doesn't feel or sound like a 4 banger, quite 'punchy' off the line with just a slight hint of turbo lag. Made a fairly raucous sound at WOT, not good or bad, just louder than I expected. Looking out over the hood while driving it had the appearance of an upward incline, which I didn't care for.

OP
OP

R N M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ, 2013 BMW 535i
Nice videos, but I didn't hear any impressions on the test drive. Did you get to test drive it?
The test drive was VERY brief, I got to step on the gas hard a few times but was not able to test the car's handling abilities at all.

I always loved the Mustang design since I was very young and have always wanted one. However I prefer the driving dynamics of sport oriented cars rather than muscle cars - not sure if the new Mustang has moved enough to the Sports car territory for my tastes. I do look forward to driving a GT with the Perf Pack.

Positives
- Seats are AWESOME - very comfortable and offer just the right amount of side bolstering.
- Interior quality, fit/finish are all improved
- I really like the Separate custom settings for Suspension and Steering. I played around with them during the drive and you could definitely feel the difference in steering feel.

Negatives - These observations are from a current owner of a BRZ and I had a e92 335i before in addition to my 535i.
- Seating position is not very good for performance driving imo.
I felt like i was sitting very high and on "top" of the car rather than "in" it.
- The hood bulge design makes the hood seem like its going up and forever when you are in driver's seat. Hard to see over it.
- I didnt get the feeling i was driving a "Sports" type car during the test drive. It felt big to me and not very nimble.

Devon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Negatives - These observations are from a current owner of a BRZ and I had a e92 335i before in addition to my 535i.
- Seating position is not very good for performance driving imo.
I felt like i was sitting very high and on "top" of the car rather than "in" it.
- The hood bulge design makes the hood seem like its going up and forever when you are in driver's seat. Hard to see over it.
- I didnt get the feeling i was driving a "Sports" type car during the test drive. It felt big to me and not very nimble.
Thanks for the frank assessment, this worries me as well - hell I found the FR-S felt heavy on my test drive.... my current coupe weighs 2560 lbs. Nice size though (FR-S), but that crude engine note turned me right off.
Sponsored