Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I have an order for a GT, 301A, PP2, Recaro Cloth, Active Exhaust. $45,390 MSRP, $39,816 sale price and $42,330 OTD (this includes the current $500 rebate). Any additional rebates/incentives at the time of delivery will be added to the deal. At the end of the negotiations, two dealers dropped down to this price and two other dealers were $350 higher. All local.

401A is not required.

What color did you order? thanks! Here is my new VOC changed the color and the leather recaros
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks. That is good to know. Assuming that Ford's comments on "recommending coolers" was out of an abundance of caution, meaning that the cars actually do well on track without them, your config is a very attractive package and similarly priced to the 1SS 1LE.

I'll be very interested in your impressions when you get it.
I considered a SS 1LE and test drove it a few times. For me personally it's an absurd car. The chassis and suspension are excellent, but between the bunker feel, the joke of a trunk and the LT1 falling flat right around 6k RPM it didn't make any sense compared to the Mustang. I will be daily driving this car and putting on ~15k miles per year on it.

And notice the incorrect tire sizes as well.
The tire size is incorrect on the VOC as well. Even the order guide was incorrect until they updated it earlier this month. I am guessing their ordering system will be updated by Dec 4th when Job 2 starts.

What color did you order? thanks! Here is my new VOC changed the color and the leather recaros
Ordered Orange Fury initially but ended up changing it to Race Red.

Interested to see the screen shot of the VOC as most sources are saying they are not included. I would think "blank" could mean they are not included. Hope they are, but the math doesn't add up. The upcharge from PP1 is only $2500. Not sure they would give Magnaride and Recaro's which would normally cost over $3000 by themselves plus all of the other goodies for minus $500.

Another article:

"The Mustang’s not always comfortable Recaro sport seats—cloth on the base car, leather on the Premium—remain a $1595 extra on both Level 2 trim levels."

https://blog.caranddriver.com/level...-offers-harder-core-level-2-performance-pack/
Blank doesn't mean they are not included because half of the items on the sheet have a blank retail/invoice pricing. I've attached a copy of the VOC below.
2018 Mustang VOC.JPG

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
And from initial reports, doesn't include stuff in the cheaper 1LE. When the Mustang PP had a $5k+ price advanatge, it was OK. But with the higher prices for the 2018, you get to pay more for less.

Maybe Ford wants to sell fewer V8 Mustangs to help it's CAFE numbers?
You do realize, that not to many people care about the Camaro's specs... Because we don't have mullets.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Not that I care, but I bet there are more Mustang owners with mullets than Camaro owners.

Have you ever read a Mustang vs Camaro comparison test? I have read dozens over the years. Why? Because they directly compete with each other. The idea in a competition is to win. The PP2 package is directly aimed at the 1LE. Too bad it falls short because you get a lot less for about the same price. There is still time to roll more into the package or cut the price to actually win.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Not that I care, but I bet there are more Mustang owners with mullets than Camaro owners.

Have you ever read a Mustang vs Camaro comparison test? I have read dozens over the years. Why? Because they directly compete with each other. The idea in a competition is to win. The PP2 package is directly aimed at the 1LE. Too bad it falls short because you get a lot less for about the same price. There is still time to roll more into the package or cut the price to actually win.
Yes, they directly compete with each on paper. But in person there is no comparison.

The Camaro's tangibles are hideous!

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid

Lots of different ways to win other than track times or track related features.

For magazines who don't live with the car day to day, I think the Camaro will win.

For owners, I think the Mustang brings a lot to the table that some may care about more than pure speed or agility. It's really about finding the right car for you, not just going by numbers. Otherwise you'll always be looking for the net big thing.

Hard to beat the 1LE for track focused driving though, that's for sure.

-T

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

For magazines who don't live with the car day to day, I think the Camaro will win.

For owners, I think the Mustang brings a lot to the table that some may care about more than pure speed or agility. It's really about finding the right car for you, not just going by numbers. Otherwise you'll always be looking for the net big thing.

Hard to beat the 1LE for track focused driving though, that's for sure.

-T
Not so much at the track, which is what the PP2 and 1LE are aimed at.

But yeah, having the diff NOT overheat halfway through a session and go into limp mode is another way to win.

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
You do realize, that not to many people care about the Camaro's specs... Because we don't have mullets.
Thats what makes it even more important!
We cant be getting beat by mullets in HPDE 1,2,3 and TT groups!
Dagmannit!
Full disclosure:
Have mullet, been arrested for throwing full beer at windshield of dude that wouldnt pay after 12pack ante street race. Sheriff laughed n let me go on “insufficient evidence” since he was adopted by grandma of friends uncles brother cousin.

We need coolers and PDR option PP2. They are super advantage to track day improvement. On third 3.15 ($240 junk yard+ $500 my time). Mullets FTW...

Not so much at the track, which is what the PP2 and 1LE are aimed at.
But yeah, having the diff NOT overheat halfway through a session and go into limp mode is another way to win.
PP2 without cold air screen or cooler = epic fail.

PP2 IS numbers vs 1LE. :first: Its for those that don’t give a F what the car looks like and have no other reason for waking up and breathing everyday other that to make enough to get to the next track day to chase down Camaros n Vettes.
PP2, give me low roll center, scrape every driveway, rock hard ride, dont care if blemished primer crap paint from factory. Must win.

For owners, I think the Mustang brings a lot to the table that some may care about more than pure speed or agility. It's really about finding the right car for you, not just going by numbers.
This is PP2 thread. Its numbers, pure speed agility and no Fs given.
Owners of non PP2 can thank PP2 drivers for risk and occasionally damage taken to challenge 1LE for all mustang owners bragging rights.
:ford: <mic drop>

Last edited:

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I got a below invoice deal since my friend and I both ordered 2018's. Whatever it is it came out to $45,300 OTD because of my 9.5% sales tax and nearly 1% registration fees. I'm thinking around $41,000 + TTL. Our deal isnt as good as nanashiiiss.
Wasn't there another thread, pages, with people saying 50k+? Not to bad of a price all things considered.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Wasn't there another thread, pages, with people saying 50k+? Not to bad of a price all things considered.
I think the PP2 is good value unless you want a 300A base GT with no options whatsoever or the 10 speed auto.

Ok here's my VOC. Notice it says speck seats.
Spec seats are the regular cloth seats? Maybe you mentioned this in the PMs but you didn't want to go for the Recaros?
Sponsored