Sponsored

Whipple Gen3 2.9L Dyno Results

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
They should have tested both blowers with the 3.750 pulley as that is what the kits ship with standard.
Whipple did, and they published the results. This is Lethals post about a customers setup and how far they pushed it on 93 pump gas and custom tune.
Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Whipple did, and they published the results. This is Lethals post about a customers setup and how far they pushed it on 93 pump gas and custom tune.
Sorry I didn't really pay attention to that I guess the moral of the story is the gen 3 makes more power period and it's going to be the primary head unit moving forward on the 15 - 17's anyways. As far as pushing it on 93 pump that's a stupid proposition and it should not be a tool to promote the sale of a new head unit as many people will think they can do the same, then when someone gets a bad tank of gas on a wicked up tune BOOM.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Sorry I didn't really pay attention to that I guess the moral of the story is the gen 3 makes more power period and it's going to be the primary head unit moving forward on the 15 - 17's anyways. As far as pushing it on 93 pump that's a stupid proposition and it should not be a tool to promote the sale of a new head unit as many people will think they can do the same, then when someone gets a bad tank of gas on a wicked up tune BOOM.

You have no argument with me. :cheers:

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
But I think some are missing the point. The blower is more efficient, this is not "taxing" the engine more. The power was already there at the crank/flywheel/pistons/rods, the difference is, now the engine power is higher as a result of increased efficiency. This isn't more boost, more timing, etc. Just free'd up some power.

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I know it's off topic but when are you guys coming out with something for the 2018 F150? Need to know if this Gen 2 will fit on it when I upgrade to Gen 3.

Were about 3-4 weeks away from releasing the 18 F150 kit. It comes with the Gen 3, Gen 2 has been discontinued. But, you can certainly use a Gen 2 on the F150 since externally they are identical. The SC, inlet, shaft and pulley carry over. The adapter plate and manifold/intercooler is different. So if you got a G3 for your Mustang, almost all would work on a 18 F150.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
They should have tested both blowers with the 3.750 pulley as that is what the kits ship with standard.
It was 2 different cars, they weren't testing for us but were so pleased with the results, they let us know.

We tested pulley for pulley and have posted in numerous times.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Spinning the gen3 that hard with the same 20%/3.25 would produce more boost than the gen2 20%/3.25 because the restriction (Engine) is the same, the supercharger is more efficient, thus shoving more air into said restriction. This would likely result in parts hanging out the bottom of the engine. You say it is an apples to apples comparison but it isn't.. Spinning the blower to the same restriction point (psi of boost) is more accurate of a comparison, and that's what everybody has been trying to tell you for the last 10yrs.
The G3 in general will make slightly less boost than a G2, yet more power. So if you compare pulley for pulley, the boost in general is lower with the G3 due to lower temps. On highly modified engines, high blower speed, we see a 2psi drop yet nearly 150hp more.

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
2psi drop but flowing more air and making more bananas

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Has anyone ran the Whipple Tune with Kooks catted headers?