Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
2016 Ford Mustang GT base w/ PP
Autoclub Speedway Roval
1:54.883
Brake Pads/rotors: stock (amsoil dot 4 fluid)
Tires (Size & Model): Continental extremeContact Sport 285/35/19 on XXR 19x9.75 wheels
Suspension: Whiteline Coilovers, MM camber plates, BMR vertical links, BMR toe links, Whiteline swaybars
Other Mods: Amsoil trans/gear oil, MGW shifter, MBRP catback
Sponsored

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2017 Ford Mustang GT base w/PP
Track/Course: VIR Grand West
Best Lap Time: 3:12 (via data tag and trackmaster)
Max speed: 140 (GPS)
Brakes: stock performance package calipers and rotors, stock pads
Wheels: TSW Bathurst 19x9.5
Tires : RE71 285/35/19
Suspension: FRPP Track pack, sways set on stiff, Steeda RLCA bearings, J&W vertical links, steeda camber plates, BMR CB005 lockout
Other Mods: JLT brake duct kit, JLT cold air, h-pipe with otherwise stock exhaust, dynotech aluminum DS, Lund 93 tune
Alignment: -2.2 front (skosh toe out), -2.0 rear (0 toe)
Weather: 83 degrees, sunny, medium humidity

Awesome event Friday with TrackDaze, but track was pretty crowded. Best lap was clean with only a single Miata to pass. Left knee is bruised from trying to keep myself in the seat. The additional negative camber really helped up front, and ran lower tire pressures than in Memphis, which also helped. Stock pads held up great, though did get just a hint of fade in the 3rd 30 minute session. Car did great all day, and is clearly just limited by driver at this point. :D

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2017 Base GTPP
Track/Course: Heartland Park, fast front chicane, slow back chicane
Best Lap Time: 1:56.387 (backed up 4 times within 1%)
Brake Pads: Stock
Tires (Size & Model): Stock pirellis
Suspension: CB005

Also,

Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2017 Base GTPP
Track/Course: Heartland Park 1.8 mile, 9 turn, fast rear chicane
Best Lap Time: 1:17.683 (did not back up within 1%)
Brake Pads: Stock
Tires (Size & Model): Stock pirellis
Suspension: CB005

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
Suspension: FRPP Track pack, sways set on stiff, Steeda RLCA bearings, J&W vertical links, steeda camber plates, BMR CB005 lockout
Other Mods: JLT brake duct kit, JLT cold air, h-pipe with otherwise stock exhaust, dynotech aluminum DS, Lund 93 tune

Awesome event Friday with TrackDaze, but track was pretty crowded. Best lap was clean with only a single Miata to pass. Left knee is bruised from trying to keep myself in the seat. The additional negative camber really helped up front, and ran lower tire pressures than in Memphis, which also helped. Stock pads held up great, though did get just a hint of fade in the 3rd 30 minute session. Car did great all day, and is clearly just limited by driver at this point. :D
No rear diff overheating issues in a 30 minute session? I couldn't even get 20 minutes out of mine on a 65 degree day.

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R

Awesome man, glad to see you make some progress with the setup! Speaking of Memphis. Have you heard whether or not they're going to do it again next year?

Sponsored

DirtRoadTrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2017 Ford GT350
Track/Course: VIR Grand West (Trackdaze Nov 2017)
Best Lap Time: 3:00.1 (via data tag and trackmaster)
Brakes: Raybestos ST43 pads
Wheels: Apex 19x11 square
Tires : NT01 305/30/19 square
Suspension: GT350R front springs, otherwise stock.
Alignment: -2.0 front (0 toe), -2.2 rear (0 toe)

I agree with @lugz - awesome event, and had a great time on Grand Course. I only got 2 runs in before I had to head home for daddy duty. I kept hitting traffic, but managed a 3:00.1 - so damn close to the 2's! Oh well, next year...

[ame]

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2016 GT with Perf. Pack
Track/Course: Motorsport Ranch Cresson 3.1
Best Lap Time: 2:34.69 (2:34.47 virtual best)
Brakes: PP brembos with OEM pads
Wheels: SVE350 19x11 square
Tires : Sport Cup 2 305/30/19 square
Suspension: BMR perf. springs, otherwise stock.
Alignment: -2.3 front (0 toe), -2.8 rear (0 toe)
Weather: 62 degrees, cloudy

My second time on the 3.1 at MSR Cresson. There are so many elements to this track and so many places I can improve. Cant wait to go back and shave some time off my 2:34.

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
No rear diff overheating issues in a 30 minute session? I couldn't even get 20 minutes out of mine on a 65 degree day.
No cooling problems from any components, surprisingly. Maybe Ford made a change in the '17s? I'm also running stock cat back, which gives the diff a little more breathing room. Might also help that VIR is a fast course.
[MENTION=7179]SVTDSM[/MENTION] - pretty sure Memphis is on next year, but you're going to have a serious challenger for top dawg status. (No, not me.) :D

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
No cooling problems from any components, surprisingly. Maybe Ford made a change in the '17s? I'm also running stock cat back, which gives the diff a little more breathing room. Might also help that VIR is a fast course.
@SVTDSM - pretty sure Memphis is on next year, but you're going to have a serious challenger for top dawg status. (No, not me.) :D
@lugz

So your saying they're gonna be even more upset than they were this year when I win again? :lol:

I heard a while back from John that Joe may be getting a GTR. That it?

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Track/Course: Hallett, CCW
Best Lap Time: 1:30
Brake Pads: stock
Tires (Size & Model): 275/35/20 Nitto NT-05
Suspension: stock
Other Mods: Borla cat back

Here's a video from that track day at Hallett. Race Chrono tells me I should have been able to log a 1:28.xx if I had strung together all my best sessions. This was a mid-November HST-only track day, and it was cold! First few sessions were especially slow due to the cold. This was last session of the day, chasing my buddy in his S197.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BywvHH-FpPFTVjZxellsMlQzUDA/view?pref=2&pli=1
So good to see you not taking the instructor line through 4 even in a big beast like a Mustang!

Sponsored

Steeda Tech JohnC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt's and ST's
Steeda 2016 GT/PP 6spd
Track: Sebring International Raceway 6/18/17
Best Lap Time: 2:28.0
Brakes: Steeda/Hawk
Tires (Size & Model): 315/30/18 Hoosier R7 Square setup.
Suspension: Steeda dampers, competition springs, and sway bars
Other Mods: Steeda CAI and tune, no cats, Steeda axlebacks

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
[MENTION=7179]SVTDSM[/MENTION] - pretty sure Memphis is on next year, but you're going to have a serious challenger for top dawg status. (No, not me.) :D
I have a 17 performance pack as well. Lots of suspension mods, but no engine or exhaust mods. Stock PP wheels and Pirellis. The track I was on was not exactly fast, so maybe that had something to do with it. Thanks for responding.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Tires (Size & Model): 315/30/18 Hoosier R7 Square setup
??? That is a massive tire. The standard GT/PP comes with 19's (or at least my '15 model year did). What does dropping down to 18's yield and how does that clear the brembo's in front. Interesting to say the least. Would love to see am image or two of that car. I bet it looks nice.

You guys/gals always do great things and have for the past 25+ or so years that I can remember dating back to my old 89 fox body.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
??? That is a massive tire. The standard GT/PP comes with 19's (or at least my '15 model year did). What does dropping down to 18's yield and how does that clear the brembo's in front. Interesting to say the least. Would love to see am image or two of that car. I bet it looks nice.

You guys/gals always do great things and have for the past 25+ or so years that I can remember dating back to my old 89 fox body.

Same here.. would like to see the 18 set up and wheels. Going 18’s on PP with slicks would be so much fun. Testing the IRS and mods.

Wheels that clear the brembos would be interesting...

GT350Brakes.com

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP

Same here.. would like to see the 18 set up and wheels. Going 18’s on PP with slicks would be so much fun. Testing the IRS and mods.

Wheels that clear the brembos would be interesting...
I ran 305/30/18 RS3s on 18x10 Volk Racing TE37s. They cleared no problem.

I know that there are certain spec apex wheels that clear as well.

On my GT350 now I could run 18s but I choose 19s based on tire selection, more ground clearance and more cushion as far as sidewall goes. In the 18” diameter the amount of tires in a 305 and up dwindle and they are all in a 30 aspect ratio which makes for a really short setup.
Sponsored