Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to try and do mine Saturday as well. Any big deal swapping out the start button for the GT350 button???
I don't remember if it was in this thread or the old one but I saw someone mentioning that the clips had to be ground down a bit and it wasn't as simple as just swapping it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Glad you'll be back up and running shortly hopefully!

Also hoping none of the units the rest of us got yesterday have any issues...
I got mine and will be installing it this Saturday :D

Waiting for those tutorial videos before I start messing around with changing the software around too much though. Don't want to end up bricking this thing.
As long as you just do the updates, and do them in order, you'll be fine. It appears the first update has to be done before the Feb 2017 update.

I'm glad you lit the right kind of fire under their asses. Just to clarify, your USB cable was included by accident, right? I saw you got one, and mentioned I didn't get one, but was informed yours came by mistake. If that's the case, its neat they're going to replace the free USB cable for free.

Also found out my 64gb thumb drive DOES work on the front USB port, but DOES NOT work in the center console. The center console may not be able to read such a large drive.
They sent me the different USB cable for bench testing, that's all. As for the 2 connections in the car, they should be the same, not sure why one would read it, but the other one wouldn't.

I'm going to try and do mine Saturday as well. Any big deal swapping out the start button for the GT350 button???
There are some modifications required for the GT350 button, but I don't remember who did it on theirs, but there's a post in this thread about it.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
/!\ DO NOT UPDATE TO A NEWER FIRMWARE WHILE YOU ARE ROOTED /!\ This can brick your device. The only way to save it is to go in Recovery mode (Which right now we don't know how yet...) If you wanna update you'll need to unroot first. (You can update the APKs but not the whole Firmware)

Pablotheartist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
The clips dont match up at all. You will need to modify the clips on the tesla unit in order to fit the gt350 button. Youl have to shave off more than half of the clip. It does look good though when finished.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
/!\ DO NOT UPDATE TO A NEWER FIRMWARE WHILE YOU ARE ROOTED /!\ This can brick your device. The only way to save it is to go in Recovery mode (Which right now we don't know how yet...) If you wanna update you'll need to unroot first. (You can update the APKs but not the whole Firmware)
RUH ROH RAGGY!!!

I'm kinda glad I'm swamped at the moment and can't install it...

Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
The clips dont match up at all. You will need to modify the clips on the tesla unit in order to fit the gt350 button. Youl have to shave off more than half of the clip. It does look good though when finished.

Thanks Pablo, I appreciate the info! :thumbsup:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUH ROH RAGGY!!!

I'm kinda glad I'm swamped at the moment and can't install it...
Just wanted to make it clear and visible before any accident happen :D
[MENTION=21083]PatrickHenninger[/MENTION] It'll be a good idea to add it on the first post. Please :D:cheers:

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Man, it sounds like I need a crash course on this Android modding haha

So to apply the various changes that you guys have done to remove the bad english, and then to get the nicer launcher on there, do not require root?

What kind of things is root access required for on this headunit?

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man, it sounds like I need a crash course on this Android modding haha

So to apply the various changes that you guys have done to remove the bad english, and then to get the nicer launcher on there, do not require root?

What kind of things is root access required for on this headunit?
Step 1: Apply Updates from the website.
Step 2: Root.
Step 3: Download new APK's for launcher and other apps.
Step 4: Remove existing apps
Step 5: Install updated apps.
Step 6: Bask in the ambiance of awesomeness.

I did a write up on replacing the launcher and other APK's, I'll put it in the first post.

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Step 1: Apply Updates from the website.
Step 2: Root.
Step 3: Download new APK's for launcher and other apps.
Step 4: Remove existing apps
Step 5: Install updated apps.
Step 6: Bask in the ambiance of awesomeness.

I did a write up on replacing the launcher and other APK's, I'll put it in the first post.
Let me know if you want me to post them on the website.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me know if you want me to post them on the website.
You can use anything I post here on the website. I'm trying to consolidate all the good stuff into the first post, but by the time I get home, I start messing with the host unit, and forget to organize the unboxing pictures and label them.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can use anything I post here on the website. I'm trying to consolidate all the good stuff into the first post, but by the time I get home, I start messing with the host unit, and forget to organize the unboxing pictures and label them.
No worries I got the unboxing video. I just need to work on the video editing lol

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Did anyone else have a loose screw floating around when they got their unit? I did, and it was one to hold one of the screens corners down. I screwed it in, but it must have popped back out and has broken threads, my screen pushes in when touched. I'm sure it'll rattle like hell, so I'll be taking it a part again to deteine a fix.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did anyone else have a loose screw floating around when they got their unit? I did, and it was one to hold one of the screens corners down. I screwed it in, but it must have popped back out and has broken threads, my screen pushes in when touched. I'm sure it'll rattle like hell, so I'll be taking it a part again to deteine a fix.
Nothing like that. I actually checked it when I saw you got that issue. You could probably fix it easily by putting some
"Loctite 242 Threadlocker"...? That thing works pretty good. :thumbsup:
Sponsored