/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I had this catback and loved it with the stock manifolds and cats. It was the perfect deep tone, not too loud, not too quiet. Then I did a cat delete. Race car loud. I added 3" high flow cats and it only made it slightly better. I ended up getting an MBRP street and that did the trick. Its not as good a tone but its not "that guy" loud. If you are going catless, I hope you like loud. If you are staying stock cats you will love it. You may be able to add some resonators or actual mufflers later (the use of resonators as mufflers is why its so loud) but its a pretty expensive catback to have to add anything to get it to your liking IMO.

gscoolio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2016 MM 5.0 A6
I have spent a considerable amount of this day researching which exhaust to get. I'm looking for that old school muscle car V8 sound. Deep but not necessarily loud, and definitely not raspy. SW catback w/ h-pipe seems to fit the bill. I've listened to the videos, but as I haven't heard it in person I'm not sure just how loud it really is. As I said, I care more for a deep sound than a very loud one, plus I live in a very quite complex and don't want to annoy neighbors. Anyone that has this, would appreciate your input.
I own this exhaust and I love it. I'm on the stock headers and cats and it does not make me feel the need to get long tubes (doesn't change that I want some long tubes tho). It sounds really good, nice and deep with no rasp regardless of rpm. I always get compliments at work or anywhere I go, even by random drivers next to me at times lol. If your considering it, I HIGHLY recommend it as it's totally worth it. Headers would only make this exhaust annoyingly loud to everyone else since it doesn't have mufflers. I eventually plan to add headers and make it that much more loud because :headbang:

arw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
I started with the SW LMF version. They definitely lived up to their name. I traded them for the standard version. Still a bit too much for my community. I contacted SW and they came up with additional baffles which I had welded in the aft portions of the H-pipe. The result is perfect. You know there is V-8 under the hood without drawing unwanted attention. Idle is perfect, no drone on the highway, and lots of burble when decelerating.

Sponsored

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Have it, like it a lot. It has been likened to a demon like growl upon WOT. I don't think it compares to the old school V8 sound. I had a 95 GT with long tubes, H pipe, and Flowmaster 40's and the sound just isn't the same at all.

That being said it's probably the closest you're going to get. Don't get me wrong it's a great sound. It's a lower tone, not super deep but deep enough, with minimized rasp and a moderate noise level.

Edit: Just in case you haven't seen mine:
[ame]

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i don't think it's too loud if you have stock headers.

its one of our favorite systems and on our personal car.

local dealership uses it alot for their custom builds as well.

you'll be fine with stock cats, its not obnoxiously loud and sounds really good and deep with the h pipe

hit us up , we'll get you dialed in

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I started with the SW LMF version. They definitely lived up to their name. I traded them for the standard version. Still a bit too much for my community. I contacted SW and they came up with additional baffles which I had welded in the aft portions of the H-pipe. The result is perfect. You know there is V-8 under the hood without drawing unwanted attention. Idle is perfect, no drone on the highway, and lots of burble when decelerating.
Thanks for posting this, I didn't know they were able to add more baffles. This exhaust always was my favorite sound, but it was too loud for what I wanted and I heard from others that it droned a good amount. If they can add more baffles to quiet it down then I can actually consider this one again. Looking for a Borla or Ford Racing Touring level of volume, maybe a bit louder. Borla S-Type has too much rasp.

Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Consider the Magnaflow Street catback - a deep, smooth sounding, high quality product with factory-welded tips.
Not obnoxious.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
^ Interesting ... only other company I've seen use that style with the inside fins is Solo.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
[MENTION=6645]HGFireHazard[/MENTION] - do you have the 3" cores?
Sponsored