OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You seem to have the same exact parts I do. Have you gotten a rear creaking noise when accelerating from a stop and any clunking when slowly turning in neutral?
No creaking noises. OCCASIONALLY I hear body flex creaking which isn't uncommon when you start bracing the subframe of a car (happened on my Subaru, too). This doesn't occur when accelerating from a stop. No clunking when slowly turning in, but I can't say I find myself doing that often. Sounds like you might want to put the car on an alignment rack and clock and retorque all bushings, sway bar end links, and have your axle nuts checked.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
This is video of my first track day in my Mustang. I've done them in my Subaru (the title should have the word "AT" in it). My bad. These are the only videos I took and I just made a long video for my own study (I learn by looking at the tape...). I f'ing hate video editing so this is the best I was willing to compile, haha.

The car got raving compliments from my instructor, who said his "mind was changed about Mustangs".

I'm going back to this facility in March (with even worse tires, haha) and will be studying this video and working on my line mistakes, trying to master heal-toe with this dumb ass pedal box. I have to say, the car was so damn balanced and just did what I wanted. Brembos never got tired. Only complaint of the car I have really was that the engine would bog down after (I think it's) the 5th turn - that sharp right after braking hard. Once I was straight it just would NOT go - felt like turbo lag almost. I guess that hill is steeper than it looks or something... was really annoying. Once I crested the hill the car went balls out. Just really ticked me off. But everyone was slow up that hill. I think at one point you can hear me mouthing off at the car for being such a turtle right there. I am going to work on an adjusted line and pre-apex braking there and see what changes that makes. The PZeros were an alright tire overall, but started to fall apart toward the end of the day - greasy, a few chunks missing. But I was happy with them.

Note: first and last lap are slow laps (required warm up and cool down). The last video I think is one of the intermediate group runs - can't remember.

[ame]

Last edited:
OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Installed the aforementioned parts tonight. Hardest part was removing and re-installing the stock 900 lbs. wheels that I presently have on (A/S tires for the weather). I've included here some photos of how to "order the bits and pieces" for the shock mounts and bump stop kit.
IMG_0373.jpg
Instruction - Oring.jpg
Instruction - Dust Shield.jpg
Instruction - Order of Parts.jpg
Instruction - Screw In Custom Nut.jpg
Instruction - Nut Screwed In.jpg
Instruction - Bolt Holes.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Did some test fitting of my true square track setup:

Wheel: RAYS Gram Light 57xtreme
Sizing: 19x10.5" ET35
Tires: Continental DW - 285/35-19 (will do Bridgestone RE-11s in same size when these die)
Spacers: none required
Front clearance: 4-5mm from nearest point on front strut. A small spacer could be used to get to 295 and 305 tires up front, if I opt to do so in the future (probably not).
Rear clearance: space for days!

I don't have the means to weigh them but they are, by the arm scale, lighter than the stock GTPP wheels by a mile and noticeably lighter than my Project 6GR wheels, too.

Note: photos are with stock camber (they'll be tucked more with the track alignment) and I didn't let the rear of the car settle before taking that picture (sorry) so the wheel gap and tire look goofy. It settles some after moving the car.
IMG_0383[1].jpg
IMG_0384[1].jpg

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
More photos!

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
More photos!
Hah, well... I just put them on to test. I took them right off again.

I'll probably slap them on once more appropriate lug nuts arrive and the salt gets washed off of our roads. Then I'll do a photo shoot, along with something else I just got yesterday from a certain company that makes aero products. :)

So... the first track day of the season for me is February 18th - I will work the cobwebs out at TGPR before I head off to AMP in March, then Road Atlanta that same month (or maybe I'll delay that one until mid-year). Got plans to get up to the notorious Road America in Wisconsin to run with a fraternity brother of mine who has a Camaro with like 600 hp (planning on educating him a bit :headbang:) and I want to make a visit to Sebring and perhaps The FIRM (both in Florida) if I can swing the cash and the stars align. If Steeda does another "Camp Steeda" best believe I'm going to be there (June/July-ish?) if it's open to regular guys like me! :clap2:

Anyway... point of all that is, don't think I'll have the wheels on for a while. At least no

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So quick review on the Steeda shock mounts. You'd think they are just a stronger unit and that's it. But the slight bounciness I got after installing LCA bearings (common, doesn't matter the brand) is next to gone! I don't know, but maybe the fact there's a spherical bearing in there instead of a sloppy bushing stopped some bounciness? I mean... it's a big difference. Happy with that!

Sponsored

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
word to the wise for when you install your rear camber adjusters - make sure they are mounted as far out as you can while having the adjustment still travel all the way. The top hole is slotted, and one of mine wouldn't go as far as the other. I'm going to have to take it apart and adjust it now. Hopefully this makes sense?

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Good to know. Those won't go in until before I realign for track season. Might just have Steeda install those. Or might just get those mad camber arms!!

Had to have my toe link on passenger side replaced. Thinking of getting those too haha.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
A little sneaky sneak peak at my first aero piece! Very excited. Love it!

Okay, more details:
It's from Velox Motorsports. It's functional... not some show piece. :clap2:

Going to do a photo shoot, write up, so on, so forth. Really, though, this is one piece of kit... it is beautiful IMO.

A trained eye may also notice my Project 6GR wheel's tires (Cooper Zeons) are... on their last breath. Shhhheeeeeeet.

And is that a rusty license plate bolt? DUHFUQ?! Warranty NOW!
HZAO9096[1].jpg

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Looking forward to some full car photos of the Rays wheels!
Sponsored