HOTMAIL Accounts: Thread Subscriptions and Notifications

bscn8c

Certified BADASS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
UPDATE:

Anyone with a Hotmail account see post #2. You will need to change your email address on file to a non-Hotmail account.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm no longer receiving emails to threads I am subscribed to. I used to get an email any time that someone replied to any thread that I started or was subscribed to. This stopped about a month or so ago. I tried updating my subscriptions in my profile to "Instant Email Notification", but it didn't help.

Is anyone experiencing this? Does anyone know how to change it back to the email notification?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
A few people have reported this issue recently and each one was using a Hotmail or @live.com address for the forum. Not sure why the server is having issues sending to Hotmail accounts but please try a different email address and see if that works.

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT
I am having the same issue. I wonder if I add the forum's domain to my safe senders list if that will fix it.

Do the notification emails come from the domain name [MENTION=13191]mustang6[/MENTION]g.com ?

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It appears you also have a hotmail account on file. You can try adding [email protected] to the white list but my guess is the issue will not be solved. Best solution is to change it to a different email address.

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
Also hotmail here and notifications stopped for me as well.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Not Receiving Emails

After having been a member of this site for over a year and a half, all of the sudden I've stopped receiving notification emails for PM's and thread subscriptions. They are not going to my spam/junk folder, I'm just not getting them at all. Any ideas?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
LOL I've had my Hotmail address for 17 years, I'm not changing it. But since I log in every day to check posts I doubt I'll miss anything.

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Another hotmail user here not getting thread subscription emails. Any updates on a permanent fix for this issue?

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Heh...I'm the kind of nerd that would probably end up just making a gmail account and putting in a filter to automatically fwd any emails from this domain name to my hotmail so I could just keep using my original email without having to juggle accounts.

Sponsored

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Another hotmail user here not getting thread subscription emails. Any updates on a permanent fix for this issue?
I can only assume Hotmail is blocking emails sent from our server. This sometimes resolves itself over time but unfortunately there is nothing we are able to do on our end.

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60653

I posted it over there [MENTION=1]Jarstang[/MENTION] before I noticed this sticky. This is what is going on with hotmail and such, if you fix that it will begin working immediately. I am more than happy to help out and get it fixed. I am a sysadmin by trade.

768mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I still get notifications with my hotmail account. It goes to my junk file.

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
[MENTION=1]Jarstang[/MENTION] made changes to the outgoing email yesterday, they should start clearing up now that it is using a more valid email for outgoing flow. It will take time and then stop going to junk for everyone after send reputation is built. SPF can help quicken the process all together but is a bit more involved to setup.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
One day a loooong time ago, I suddenly stopped getting notifications in my Inbox. They would go directly to Junk, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I think I even asked Jarstang about it but my settings were correct :shrug:
As of today, they starting appearing in my Inbox again. And I had gmail since Day 1!

Thanks for fixing it :)
Sponsored