Sponsored

Strongly considering a gt350...

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
It's a 2016 gt350 will less than 4K miles on the clock. I'm not sure what package it has but it's got the leather/suede heated cooled front seats and the bigger display like my premium. They have it listed at 52,998 "no haggle price". Good deal? Fair deal? Drive it and Decide if I want a gt350 over my reg. Gt and buy a brand new one for the full experience?
That's a Tech Pack car, which means no transmission cooler or differential cooler. Are you going to track the car at all? If so, test drive this one just to see how you like the GT350 as a platform, then go hunting for a 2016 Track Pack, or any of the 2017 cars. :cheers:
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's a 2016 gt350 will less than 4K miles on the clock. I'm not sure what package it has but it's got the leather/suede heated cooled front seats and the bigger display like my premium. They have it listed at 52,998 "no haggle price". Good deal? Fair deal? Drive it and Decide if I want a gt350 over my reg. Gt and buy a brand new one for the full experience?
I would stay away from a tech package 2016 if I were you. The biggest reason to buy a GT350 is to drive on the road course, and the 2016 base/tech cars go into limp mode quickly if driven hard.

It's expensive to fix the heat issues on them and IMO you shouldn't buy one. I love mine enough that I spent several month's worth of weekends upgrading the cooling, but if I had it to do again I would definitely have bought a GT350 with the coolers instead.

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
[MENTION=17050]jvandy50[/MENTION] you might be right. [MENTION=24531]THX 138[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12069]Hack[/MENTION] there would be a good possibility of tracking the car and thank you guys for the heads up on the cooling. I used to road race motorcycles so I have a true love for a nice track (barber is very nice) If I fall in love with the 350 when I drive it then I guess I'm going to part out my current setup and start shoping!

Schmitty19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I had the same struggle you did, but I didn't have a car to sell. I was teetering back and forth on whether or not the 350 was worth the extra coin, having driven both IMO it absolutely is. While the GT is a "great" car as well, I feel the 350 is something really special like the terminator was to the gt in 2003/2004. Having owned a terminator as well i feel the gap with the 350 and a gt is greater than the terminator was with a GT. While I'm not trying to sound like a snob I don't consider the 350 a mustang, the characteristics of this car is so much more dynamic than a GT. The responses from people that see it driving by is much different as well IMO. The only real complaint is that all the fun is on the top end and by then you're asking for cherry's in the rear view, power leaves a bit to be desired but all in all a super car for the value. Wish you the best in your decision.

lm1z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 OW/Blue GT350
[MENTION=17050]jvandy50[/MENTION] you might be right. [MENTION=24531]THX 138[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12069]Hack[/MENTION] there would be a good possibility of tracking the car and thank you guys for the heads up on the cooling. I used to road race motorcycles so I have a true love for a nice track (barber is very nice) ���� If I fall in love with the 350 when I drive it then I guess I'm going to part out my current setup and start shoping!
If you are contempt with the amount of money you will lose on the trade, there is no question you will enjoy the GT350 more.

However, as another member stated, if you love to mod, it will be difficult for you not to touch the GT350. While there are mods available, from a liability perspective, long tube headers, x pipe, rear and E85 or flex-fuel tune would be pretty much the extent I would go. The car isn't meant to be boosted.

However, I am excited for more R&D, as I would love to build the motor and see over 600RWHP NA. Won't be cheap, though.

Also, do yourself a favor and get a track pack car.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
[MENTION=17050]jvandy50[/MENTION] you might be right. [MENTION=24531]THX 138[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12069]Hack[/MENTION] there would be a good possibility of tracking the car and thank you guys for the heads up on the cooling. I used to road race motorcycles so I have a true love for a nice track (barber is very nice) ���� If I fall in love with the 350 when I drive it then I guess I'm going to part out my current setup and start shoping!
It's amazing how well the car turns for being so heavy. If you are used to Mustangs you will notice the lower hood and better forward visibility right away as well. I love the Magneride suspension.

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I would stay away from a tech package 2016 if I were you. The biggest reason to buy a GT350 is to drive on the road course, and the 2016 base/tech cars go into limp mode quickly if driven hard.

It's expensive to fix the heat issues on them and IMO you shouldn't buy one. I love mine enough that I spent several month's worth of weekends upgrading the cooling, but if I had it to do again I would definitely have bought a GT350 with the coolers instead.
I'm going to take exception to this as a generalized statement. Yes, it is true that that "tech pack" cars were not equipped with transmission or diff coolers, and, yes, it is true that IF you track your car on a road course without a tranny cooler (or sufficient transmission cooling such as a trans air scoop) you will very likely hit limp mode.

If this is a concern for you, there are effective solutions from a few hundred dollars, to Ford's high-dollar solution. If you do not plan to track the car--and, most GT350 owners don't (this forum does not represent a majority of owners)--then there is absolutely no reason to walk away from a Tech as if its an inferior car. It isn't; not at all. Same suspension, brakes, engine tuning, etc.

On the street (or the drag strip) the cars work the same. Frankly, the biggest difference between the two cars is the seats: do you want heated / cooled, slightly larger, power seats? Or do you want slightly smaller, better bolstered, manual seats? This is still a choice to be made with the current model. When it comes to road course track work, if you're serious about the driving and you're hitting higher g's, you'll be installing harnesses of some type anyway. That's what I did in my Tech, and the seats "cushy" seats are not a limiting factor to fast road course work. They're not the best for track work, but you need to honestly decide if you're going to define the car you want by a 20-30 minute track session, or otherwise.

I don't mean to preach, and if you want several opinions to make your decision, you're certainly getting them. But, I do take exception to the position that you should categorically walk away from a Tech Pack. You could very well be missing out on a great car and a great deal.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I had a 15PP that I modded to the hilt with a stage 2 whipple and I decided to jump when I was given the lead on the R I bought. Regular 350 vs my GT Iam not sure I would have done it being I had about 700HP at the wheels. Really was overkill though on the street. Absolutely love my R. Definitely worth it. Besides...my neighbor across the street bought my GT...so I will still be able to put my foot into it once in awhile. :thumbsup::lol:

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=16142]jefc73[/MENTION] did u sell your GT with the whipple? How bad was it on the selling price to get it gone?if you don't mind me asking of course

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
[MENTION=16142]jefc73[/MENTION] did u sell your GT with the whipple? How bad was it on the selling price to get it gone?if you don't mind me asking of course
I sold it for 40K. and kept some parts for the 350 and some to sell off. Still lost my ass considering what I had into it but....worth if for the R. :thumbsup: Got to the point for me at least that all the power really wasn't what I was after anymore. Wanted the Shelby and lucked out with an R for what I got it for. :thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
That's awesome man. And 40 is what I had in my head to ask for mine. I'd probably take 38k without the new p51 wheels and nittos with less than 200 miles on them. This gives me hope! I can take it back to finishline and have it put back to stock and sell the parts but damn...if I could get 40 I'd let it go

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I came from a 700/669+ RWHP 11 GT500 and do not regret it at all. I love the GT350. I can go into all what has been said, but understand there are levels to this. The GT350 is like a +5 weapon you find in D&D compared to your +1 Mace you though was the shit.

BTW, a Flex tune will cure the low end tq thing.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
All I gotta say is, if you are already on the fence about it and you go to test drive it, consider it a done deal. Not sure there are that many (car) people who can listen to the violent way the Voodoo engine rips through the atmosphere and say to themselves "nah I'm good".

Shawnski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever I need
Hey guys! I've had my 17 gt premium since February of this year and have had it at 507 rwhp for a couple months now ( all motor) with supporting mods and all that. Looking back now I kinda wish I would've saved the money from the parts and labor on it and sold/traded for a gt350. But I didn't and here I am! Don't get me wrong...I love the car and it is a blast to drive and is more car than I need for what I do with it most of the time, but I can't help the fact that I can't stop thinking about a 350??? If I got one I would pretty much leave it unmolested. Unlike my current gt. And I already know I am going to lose my ass on resale or trade in on my current setup and I've come to terms with that. I am literally 50/50 on the decision right now. Once I get my mind made up I tend to stick with it and follow thru. I would like some feedback from you guys, what should I do? Enjoy my current car for a while?convert mine back as close to stock sell the parts and trade? Sell it as is and take the loss? By the way it has 5500 miles currently and is in excellent condition. A very nice build IMO. But still not a gt350...
I was in a similar dilemma. SC my existing '16 GT/PP or go for a new G350. I ended up going with a GT350 as the timing and deal worked out great. In retrospect, I prolly would have been very happy modifying the coyote. Yes the Shelby has the desirable suspension, brakes, trans, and interior refinements (seats and black chrome switchgear), however the engine is not as smooth as the Coyote. And for all that it's praised, it doesn't sound really better IMO. However, it is a complete and balanced car that needs very little from the aftermarket to make it better and that is the biggie for me long term.

Cant go wrong either way :cheers:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Based on what you currently have, I'd personally have a hard time making the swap...

Look beyond the exalted Shelby name and don't get hung up on it. Back when I had my GT500, I was blinded by the hype somewhat and thought it would be the be all, end all car for me but it just wasn't. Granted, the GT350 is a far more impressive car from an engineering standpoint, but I think you see where I'm going. Focus on the hardware, not marketing fluff.

I've pondered making the jump too, but have more or less decided to stick with what I have. ADMs pissed me off initially, plus the threads about engine buggery, although probably rare statistically, have scared me off for the most part. I have one of those lives where I'd be virtually guaranteed to get a lemon, and a substantially larger financial outlay on a weekend toy that might be the automotive equivalent of Russian Roulette doesn't fly with me. Meanwhile, my lowly GT has been rock solid and has become my favorite Mustang.

An acquaintance has an R and, frankly, I think it's pretty gutless compared to the Coyote unless you wring the piss out of it. Sounds fantastic though. Giving up the snort of your blown car would be tough, IMO. In the end you have to decide if the expense and compromises are really worth it.
Sponsored