Sponsored

VS GT3....

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
Trust me if I could do that I wouldnt post this thread:) but I already pay for an M5 and GT350. Cant give up the M5 as that insane torque, comfort, handling (for its size), physical appearance, and how understated it is (wolf in sheep's clothing) just makes it addicting. GT350 is something else too. But when you have these two, its tough to justify another car.

I could give up the M5 and GT350 and get the GT3 and a crappy daily driver (like a wrangler or explorer) but I ll be giving up so much (or am I) and I dont know if its worth it for a GT3.
Ok, so that's a bit different, trading in your previous dream cars for the new one. We got some great members here, hopefully one is close enough to you to let you experience the gt3 in person. If it turns out to be Your ultimate dream car, do it, life's too short. But taking someone else's word for it, too risky
Sponsored

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ok, so that's a bit different, trading in your previous dream cars for the new one. We got some great members here, hopefully one is close enough to you to let you experience the gt3 in person. If it turns out to be Your ultimate dream car, do it, life's too short. But taking someone else's word for it, too risky
I have never seen a 991 GT3 in my life let alone meeting a member who owns one who will be kind enough to give me the keys:( they are so rare!

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
I have never seen a 991 GT3 in my life let alone meeting a member who owns one who will be kind enough to give me the keys:( they are so rare!
Keys? Difficult. A ride, much more doable. So you drive a couple hours to meet a member, in my experience car enthusiasts love showing/sharing their car experience

Last edited:

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
The fact that these two cars can be mentioned in the same context is quite amazing, don't you think? The GT350R is amazing for the price. Any reasonable person would/should expect the Porsche to be better for the extra amount you have to shell out as far as I'm concerned.

I've owned 911's and while the interior isn't as posh in the GT350, I find that the driver experience and connection with the car is as good (for me) with the GT350 as it is with the 911. Without a doubt, if you have the money the GT3 will not disappoint. I can afford one but am not "rolling in cash" so the fact that I can get this experience for $73K makes me happy.

If I was looking to move up from the GT350 right now, I'd be looking hard at the GT4! Have you considered one?

jwGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
m4
Interesting fact if you follow rennlist forums, the ADM for 991.2 GT3 is not as scary as a new 350R (average around 15-20 K)
The ADM for a new R that ford dealers are asking (50-60 k-> this is in California). My local dealer has a new R for 120 K.
JW

Sponsored

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Even without ADM, a simple build with bucket seats, fire extinguisher etc is 165-170 including taxes tags etc.

You could get 3xgt350s for that amount. Thats an incredible price delta.

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
Even without ADM, a simple build with bucket seats, fire extinguisher etc is 165-170 including taxes tags etc.

Yes, and then they have so many nice (expensive) options, I would be double guessing myself going nuts between building it with the minimalist attitude or get what you want cause you'll regret it. I have trouble deciding on a 2k TV, I can't imagine what it would be like to actually order a gt3 lol

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car

Or 4 Camaro SS1LE, 3 Grand Sports, 2 ZL1 1LE, etc. I speced a minimal build 991.2 GT3 and was under $150k. If the production run is long enough I may just pull the trigger.

Peter

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Or 4 Camaro SS1LE, 3 Grand Sports, 2 ZL1 1LE, etc. I speced a minimal build 991.2 GT3 and was under $150k. If the production run is long enough I may just pull the trigger.

Peter
I'm guessing it will be another 2.5 year run? Even if I decided to do this, I wouldnt be able to do it now anyways with the ADMs and waitlists.

Thats one problem I have with this is even if I decide to go through with it, its not like you can walk in and put a deposit tomorrow:frusty:

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
I'm guessing it will be another 2.5 year run? Even if I decided to do this, I wouldnt be able to do it now anyways with the ADMs and waitlists.

Thats one problem I have with this is even if I decide to go through with it, its not like you can walk in and put a deposit tomorrow:frusty:
Yep but I have seen this in past years and towards the end of the run when the 991.2 RS is announced the GT3 becomes more available. At least that is my hope and besides my budget right now isn't ready to purchase so I will keep sluming in the Rustang. :D

Peter

Sponsored

Accel Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, R32 GTR, Fiesta ST
I actually gave up my 997 GT3 for a GT350. I can't afford both and frankly the GT3 was more than I could realistically afford to track. I have not tracked my GT350 yet so I can't compare much. I think the GT3 screams more sound-wise and has a far better build quality. The interior is far nicer. That being said, the GT350 is half the price and parts are cheaper somewhat. An oil change is actually cheaper (DIY) in the GT3 from my experience though. The 997 GT3 was my dream car and it did mostly live up to my expectations. I'm glad to have the GT350 now though as I kind of missed that American muscle aspect.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I haven't driven a 991 GT3. But if they're as laser focused for the track like my 997.2 GT3 was then I'd take a look at a new GTS.

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I haven't driven a 991 GT3. But if they're as laser focused for the track like my 997.2 GT3 was then I'd take a look at a new GTS.
I m not following you:) if its razor sharp why would I get a lesser model?

Also 997.2 GT3 is another car I m considering. How does the two compare?

- Sound
- Connection
- Handling
- Braking
- Acceleration/power
- Overall

I value your opinion a lot so I appreciate it.

Sean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If a buyer is agreeable to, or even wants, a PDK, there are currently 77 pre-owned 991.1 GT3s on the Porsche website. 77! This seems like a lot of supply to me. As the manual 991.2 starts trickling out, my speculation is that the 991.1s will really start decreasing in value and will approach the 997.2 and maybe .1s From a brief market survey, the .1s are holding steady around $100k and the .2s around $125 or so. If a buyer waits until next Summer and wants a PDK, there could be a very good supply, many with CPO Porsche warranty.

Obviously do the research on the particular models. The GT3 is not immune to expensive repairs (coolant tube, RMS, FMS, etc). I can afford it, but the idea of dropping $100K-$110K on a 997.1 and then getting hit with thousands and thousands of repairs turns me off quickly.

What a great time to be a driver! So many awesome choices.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I m not following you:) if its razor sharp why would I get a lesser model?
If you want to drive it somewhere other than only the track, you want a car that isn't so track focused.

Or just daily drive a car with racing slicks, a cage and rock hard suspension. You wouldn't want a lesser model.
Sponsored