Sponsored

Tech Pack Class Action Lawsuit

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
Just got this email:

The following is an update on recent developments relating to the Shelby class action lawsuit.

As expected, Plaintiffs and Defendant Ford Motor Company spent this summer undertaking motion practice. More specifically, in June 2017, Ford filed a motion to dismiss the first amended class action complaint. This motion tests the legal sufficiency of the different claims being brought by Plaintiffs and is routinely used by large companies during this type of litigation. Plaintiffs responded to this motion approximately one month later and Ford filed its reply in August 2017. As of September 15, 2017 the motion and all related arguments were still under consideration by Judge Federico A. Moreno, who is presiding over this lawsuit. Judge Moreno ‘s Court is located in the Southern District of Florida. Given the current situation in Florida, we are unable to provide an estimate at this time as to when this motion will be resolved. We will, however, notify you as soon as we hear from the Court or have any new developments regarding the Shelby lawsuit.

We wish Judge Moreno , his Court, and all those affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma a smooth and safe recovery.

Shelby R. Smith
Attorney
Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
hbsslaw.com
portal.hbsslaw.com
Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Sent by a lawyer named "Shelby"??? really ??

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I suppose it’s better than Mr. Ford Performance III, esquire - named after the team that built the S550 GT350.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
MEH.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
why did they keep silent about it? did ford give them coolers and left us out?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A class action does nothing but make the lawyers rich. They will leave crumbs on the table for the class.

Don't get your hopes up..... Oil change coupons and the like is probably what will be realized.

Meh

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
A class action does nothing but make the lawyers rich. They will leave crumbs on the table for the class.

Don't get your hopes up..... Oil change coupons and the like is probably what will be realized.

Meh
I think that's fair, except for the fact that a class action may impact future actions from the manufacturer. If a manufacturer is considering an action that will save $200 per car and they realize it might cost them $201 per car in the long run due to a suit... that manufacturer may reconsider what they decide to do.

That is the outcome I would like to see - better cars in the future. I hope that is at least a somewhat realistic expectation.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I think that's fair, except for the fact that a class action may impact future actions from the manufacturer. If a manufacturer is considering an action that will save $200 per car and they realize it might cost them $201 per car in the long run due to a suit... that manufacturer may reconsider what they decide to do.

That is the outcome I would like to see - better cars in the future. I hope that is at least a somewhat realistic expectation.
I see your point. They may be just as likely decide to only make ecoboosts. I still think ford needed a car under <50K to make get sign off. Adding all the coolers may of pushed the based to a price they couldnt get approved and then the GT350 never happens at all.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Ford stock is under so much pressure and CEO is cutting. FP is going away, see's no value with racing.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I see your point. They may be just as likely decide to only make ecoboosts. I still think ford needed a car under <50K to make get sign off. Adding all the coolers may of pushed the based to a price they couldnt get approved and then the GT350 never happens at all.
You may be correct about the marketing approach to keep the base under $50K. But the reality is, Ford miscalculated on that issue and would have a much better situation then and now if they focused more on the target application for their GT350 program. From the start they could have easily stepped up to the next level of satisfying their customers and improving their reputation and profitability. Let's hope they learn by their mistakes and apply those lessons learned to the next performance release.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's definitely possible that Ford will decide to make something else rather than the GT350 in the future, but the same concept applies. Don't make your ECOboost (or hybrids or whatever B.S. that I'm not going to buy) cars have a fatal flaw to save a couple bucks or you might pay more in the long run.

Looking at the sales of the base GT350s it's pretty obvious that getting under 50K wasn't important for the GT350 to sell.