Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Maybe sensors vulnerable to heat would be a good place to start. Oxygen sensors may get hot at WOT. Can't remember if we can monitor those with ngauge.
The TPS in these cars is in the throttle pedal - has anyone replaced that? I had one fail in my coyote swap (was my fault but it didn't take much to ruin it).
That seems like another good part to swap. Related to cruise control. I was thinking maybe it got swapped already, because he said throttle body.
Hmm, very interesting. I don't think he told me specifically that the TPS was replaced, but I'll check and see if that's something worth trying out. Thanks for this suggestion guys. Hopefully the ideas keep coming. I'm literally noting all of this down and relaying it over.
Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I just recently started to get this weird issue with my car, I do a hard pull for instance and right after while cruising at 4-5k the car starts kicking -_-

Shes going back in tomorrow.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I just recently started to get this weird issue with my car, I do a hard pull for instance and right after while cruising at 4-5k the car starts kicking -_-

Shes going back in tomorrow.
Really? Same exact thing? What about going WOT, cruising again, and then trying to upshift? Revving during casual upshifts after WOT too?

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Really? Same exact thing? What about going WOT, cruising again, and then trying to upshift? Revving during casual upshifts after WOT too?
I go WOT then cruise say in 5th at 4-5 and she kicks, at that point I lay off the gas because she kicks when I keep my foot on the gas, The RPM shifts very minimal during the kick I would say 2-300 at most.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I go WOT then cruise say in 5th at 4-5 and she kicks, at that point I lay off the gas because she kicks when I keep my foot on the gas, The RPM shifts very minimal during the kick I would say 2-300 at most.
Hmm, ok gotcha. Yeah so in our cars (me and the guy in Kansas), when we're shifting let's say from 5th back to 6th, the RPMs will spike up about 500 RPMs and then it'll slowly drop back down, so we have to leave the clutch depressed for a good 3-4 seconds before letting out. I wonder if we're seeing a third car having similar issues now.

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, ok gotcha. Yeah so in our cars (me and the guy in Kansas), when we're shifting let's say from 5th back to 6th, the RPMs will spike up about 500 RPMs and then it'll slowly drop back down, so we have to leave the clutch depressed for a good 3-4 seconds before letting out. I wonder if we're seeing a third car having similar issues now.
No mine just kicks like a horse .

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
No mine just kicks like a horse .
Gotcha. Damn that's weird man. Well if you end up getting a solution and it's something we haven't already tried, let me know. I'll keep this thread updated as well.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Well guys, what a rough day. Started off with a nail in the tire (3rd or 4th nail this year), so I had to get that replaced. Turns out the inner parts of my front tires were showing wire (I'd never have saw that from the outside) so it must have been a bad factory alignment perhaps. Had to drop 2k on tires and other stuff (e.g. mount/balance, taxes, alignment, etc.)

As far as the car issues though, I lost 5th gear on the way back home tonight while cruising through traffic. After I lost it, I heard a pop under the hood while sitting at a red light. It almost sounded like something popped and fell off or something.

Took the car home and I'm just gonna leave it parked until I can take it to Ford next week.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
...As far as the car issues though, I lost 5th gear on the way back home tonight while cruising through traffic. After I lost it, I heard a pop under the hood while sitting at a red light. It almost sounded like something popped and fell off or something.

Took the car home and I'm just gonna leave it parked until I can take it to Ford next week.
lost 5th gear ? All the other gears work ?

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

Sponsored
OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Which leaves really only 4 useful gears left.
Yep. So this is gonna be very shitty man. Means I've got to get a rental now since I can't really go anywhere

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Try cruise control but pull UP on the clutch pedal with your foot.

Do you have anything done with the wiring down in the pedal area? There's some really weird stuff going on that's pedal related.
Same DocWalt from TST that's been redoing the early 90's GTI?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Yep, haha. Had a FoRS, BRZ, etc :)
Ha, I'm Mach1 over there. Not been there in a while but recognized the name from the built thread you had.
Sponsored