Reputable forged wheels?

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
The BC Forged stuff looks very good. Pricing is in your budget too.

Hit up [MENTION=27078]Paul@PKAUTODESIGN[/MENTION]. He is very knowledgeable on the best offsets, sizing etc for the platform including GT350s.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Skullbussa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT-R
The BC Forged wheels look good in the photos. Thank you for mentioning them, seems like I need to PM Paul about recommendations.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I've been seriously thinking about this same question as well. When I've got my mod budget back up to capacity, I'm going to get either the Forgeline VX1R or HRE P104s. I'm not going to mess around this time and I am going to go with one of the best brands in the business.

No offense to BC Forged or other brands, but I haven't been able to find out a lot about them and how they hold up on the track. With either Forgeline or HRE there seems to be a lot less questions about their products holding up under the abuse or their reputations.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Man the forgeline and HRE are sexy AF...but i don't have the wallet for em, maybe one day.

I like the 6GRs, both models, but i really just want to buy from Paul if/when i do. He's THAT helpful. Fella on facebook has some BC forged on his shadow black and it appears he abuses the shit out of em...as a plus, they also look ridiculously awesome

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
What offset is Mustang please?
And what width fits?

I have numerous Enkei PF01's in +38 x 10.5" 18" that I might try to fit to my 18 when it arrives....Not Forged but light. Under 20lbs

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Man the forgeline and HRE are sexy AF...but i don't have the wallet for em, maybe one day.

I like the 6GRs, both models, but i really just want to buy from Paul if/when i do. He's THAT helpful. Fella on facebook has some BC forged on his shadow black and it appears he abuses the shit out of em...as a plus, they also look ridiculously awesome
I hear yah, you pay for the reputation that's for sure with the main two.

To be very clear, I'm not saying anything bad about BC Forged or any other manufacturer. It is just my personal opinion from doing my own research etc. Also, I've never heard anything bad about BC Forged, it's just that I haven't heard really anything about them and how they hold up over the long term. They do look awesome, I love the RZ01s and RZ05s.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Skullbussa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT-R
Minn - I think your points are spot on. When people are investing thousands of dollars into wheels they want to be sure it's a reputable company, that their wheels have been to tracks and not just SEMA photoshoots.

Before I could invest any money into BC Forged I would need to know a lot more about where they're produced, who's running them on the track, how well these finishes hold up, warranties, etc. I think a lot more transparency about pricing would also be welcome. And finally, of course, I need to see them with Michelin tires fitments on these cars...actual photos.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Minn - I think your points are spot on. When people are investing thousands of dollars into wheels they want to be sure it's a reputable company, that their wheels have been to tracks and not just SEMA photoshoots.

Before I could invest any money into BC Forged I would need to know a lot more about where they're produced, who's running them on the track, how well these finishes hold up, warranties, etc. I think a lot more transparency about pricing would also be welcome. And finally, of course, I need to see them with Michelin tires fitments on these cars...actual photos.
From what I found out, I believe BC Forged is made in Taiwan and they are JWL and VIA double certified (according to their website and others). The only complaints I found was issues with the finishes. But, I couldn't really find anybody that has tracked them for any amount of time.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I wish I had the wallet. If it makes anyone feel any better, IMSA cars use Forgeline wheels. All of their open lug wheels are basically the same spec as the race cars, usually over 2000lbs load rating PER wheel.

Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
From what I found out, I believe BC Forged is made in Taiwan and they are JWL and VIA double certified (according to their website and others). The only complaints I found was issues with the finishes. But, I couldn't really find anybody that has tracked them for any amount of time.
The BC's are indeed made in Taiwan, to some degree accounting for being more affordable. There are other wheels of somewhat unknown long term durability as well. Project 6GR wheels look to be a new player and with no known long term history. I can't argue that the decades long reputation of Forgeline or HRE is comforting. The cost of these premium wheels is just well beyond the limits for me and possibly many others here on this forum. For myself, I'd have a tough time spending more than 10% of the cost of the car on just rims, but we all have our own sense of what is worth it or not. It's especially true for me since I do not intend to run my car on the track. All that said, I've not yet heard anything bad about BC and if asked Paul from PKAuto will give them a glowing recommendation. But when taken on their own merits I am planning on buying a set. Compared to wheels of similar cost that are not even forged they seem like a very reasonable choice.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Stock wheels are 30 pounds which is absolutely absurd for a car like this. Looking for Forgestar or similar quality wheels that are 20 or so pounds. Not interested in eBay wheels or no-name brands.

Anyone had any luck finding wheels such as this? Surprised this forum is this quiet on this topic.
I can definitely help you out and answer all the questions for you. Shot you a pm.

The Forgelines are beautiful. I'm shopping for something like what the OP is talking about but just not at $6500/set. Been looking real hard at BC Forged. They have monoblock forged wheels for less than half the price in the lower 20# range. The 6GR's could maybe fit the bill too, I just don't care for them.
BC wheels are awesome bang for the buck monoblock option.

What offset is Mustang please?
And what width fits?

I have numerous Enkei PF01's in +38 x 10.5" 18" that I might try to fit to my 18 when it arrives....Not Forged but light. Under 20lbs
It all depends on the fitment you want to go wit. Issue is our front brakes are so large that the 18" barrels that are out in the market do not clear the caliper, I have tried with a 3d printed brake and barrel template on my own GT350. However for the rear it does work for those wanting to go straightline.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Signature wheels all damn day
We gatta get you on that BC game Bro, When you bringing the R down to the shop so we can drool all over it lol. :lol: