Sponsored

50th Anniversary package vs 50th Anniversary Edition

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
So now that we have the official sourcebook, I'm still confused about the differences between the 50th Anniversary package and the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition.

I highlighted in red below the parts that still confuse me. It's weird that there's an inconsistency between build and price and the sourcebook. It seems to me that the sourcebook is more detailed and complete, but I'm still not sure which one to trust.

Does anyone here know the answer to these questions?

50 Years Appearance Package

From build & price:
• 19" x 8.5" Luster Nickel Aluminum wheels
• Unique 50 years upper grille
• Unique rear gas cap badge
• Unique floor mats
• Unique seat inserts and door trim
• Dash panel with 50 years badge
• Chrome tail lamp surround Why is this listed here and not in the sourcebook? Is it in this package or is this a typo? Edit: This is confirmed to be in this package

From the sourcebook:
• 19" premium Luster Nickel painted aluminum wheels
• “50 Years” badge on instrument panel
• 50 Years grille with Pony in corral
• Anniversary floor mats
• Black upholstered front leather-trimmed seats with contrasting accent stitching
• Black mini-perforated leather center seat insert with embossed 50 Year logo
• Black door panel trim with contrasting accent stitching
• P255/40R19 all-season tires
• Unique rear gas cap badge

Mustang 50 Years Limited Edition

From the sourcebook:
• Production limited to 1964 vehicles with each vehicle receiving a sequence number
• Automatic available with performance package
• 19" x 9" front and 19" x 9.5" rear machined aluminum wheels
• Bright beltline and window surround
• Bright taillamp surrounds
• Louvered rear quarter glass windows
• “50 Years” rear gas cap badge Is this different from the 50th package?
• “50 Years” floor mats
• 50 Years grille with Pony in corral
• “50 Years” aluminum door sill plates Is this different from the regular GT and/or the 50th package?
• Aluminum dash panel with unique “50 Years” badge with sequence number
• Cashmere color-accented seat inserts and contrast stitching
• Cashmere door panel inserts
• Exclusive paint colors
– Kona Blue
– Wimbledon White
Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I'm beginning to think that we should all get the A-plan discount for all the beta-testing we are doing for Ford. We are going to find every mistake in every publication the put out.

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
I'm beginning to think that we should all get the A-plan discount for all the beta-testing we are doing for Ford. We are going to find every mistake in every publication the put out.
If you want the A-plan, just ask a friend that works for Ford (I myself am in electrical R&A). We're allowed to give out a certain number of friend accounts that last a year.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
If you want the A-plan, just ask a friend that works for Ford (I myself am in electrical R&A). We're allowed to give out a certain number of friend accounts that last a year.
Hey friend, can I get an A-plan PIN? :D :p

That would be nice. My Nephew works for a local dealership and can't get me A-plan or D-plan, but I don't think I know anyone any longer that works for Ford. I'm right by the Kansas City plant in Claycomo too. :(

I was really just making a point about how we are finding a lot of mistakes, which, in the long road, helps Ford out.

deeps29

Bizarre Edition!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I was really just making a point about how we are finding a lot of mistakes, which, in the long road, helps Ford out.
But the question is, how to make Ford aware of these mistakes/issues? As of now, Ford keep releasing bunch of different documents and we keep finding problems with them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wild Stang

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
Another confusing thing is that I think I heard that the Limited Edition comes with a cashmere-stitched steering wheel. I don't see that in the sourcebook.

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.

You can not create A-plan PIN to friends, only X-plan (friends&neighbor).
You can only generate A-plan PIN for spouse, kids, parents, granparents, grandchildren and sister/brother/father/mother-inlaw.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
You can not create A-plan PIN to friends, only X-plan (friends&neighbor).
You can only generate A-plan PIN for spouse, kids, parents, granparents, grandchildren and sister/brother/father/mother-inlaw.
Thanks, that's what I thought.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
But the question is, how to make Ford aware of these mistakes/issues? As of now, Ford keep releasing bunch of different documents and we keep finding problems with them.
Well, I'm sure they "visit" this place often, but I wonder if they aren't leaking things intentionally because of the rabid fan community in order for us to do exactly what we're doing. Pick apart everything piece by piece, find mistakes and/or areas that aren't communicated well, and benefit from a whole world of free "Editors".

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Keep in mind it's very common to intentionally leak mistakes to figure out which companies leak NDA information. I'm not stating anything as to whether Ford has done this with the mustang, as I don't even work with it. All I know is that it's a common engineering practice from what my marketing friends have told me.

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Yeah I didn't expect the Chrome Taillamp Surround to be part of the 50th package, but if you look closely in the Build & Price, it appears they actually show up on the model when you add the 50th pacakge (can barely see a little chrome there...maybe it's just me??)

I'm starting to get to the point that I'm going to opt out of the 50th package, but I'll wait to see the interior pictures as I am curious which dash it has and what the seats/stitching looks like.

What I like:

• The corral UPPER grill is sweet
  • 50 years badging on the seats and dash
  • The wheels look great, even though they're not as wide as the LE wheels (which are staggered)
  • I think the package overall would be desirable in later years. I plan to keep this car forever :-)

What I'm NOT thrilled with is:

• All-season tires (can only get the 20's with summer tires on the convertible, which sucks)
  • The lower grill...if the B&P is right, the lower grill is the same one as the base V6, not the cool 'fangs' one that the GT has without the 50th package! It's ugly.
  • Unable to get Spoiler delete (B&P apparently lets you on the coupe, but not the convertible....order guides say you cannot delete spoiler with 50th package...dumb!)
  • I kind of like the GT trunk badge better than the 50th fake gas cap, but that's not terrible.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I think the gas cap worked fine on the S197 - but it looks out of place now... maybe it's because I've been too bombarded with the new "non-gas-cap" rear ends...

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I kind of like the GT trunk badge better than the 50th fake gas cap, but that's not terrible.
[/LIST]

I agree. I opted for the 50'th appearance package for the interior. As far as the exterior I have come to like the "corralled" mustang front grill but plan to change the rear deck to the GT instead of the faux gas cap unless it grows on me.

I'm also surprised about the chrome rear tail light lenses as I thought they only came on LE. I am indifferent about these. Guess I'll just have to wait and see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Yeah, that should help with all the medical bills with all this headbashing I see

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Chrome tails...
chrometails.jpg
Sponsored